Agnostic.com

4 6

LINK Trump’s pandemic Day of Prayer: Nothing fails like prayer - Freedom From Religion Foundation

One year ago today, President Donald Trump declared a national day of prayer to stop the pandemic and called on the country to “pray for God’s healing hand to be placed on the people of our nation.”

More than 540,000 Americans died in that interval. That’s more than one American, every minute, for a year. By March 14, 2020, about 57 Americans had died from the coronavirus, according to the World Meters numbers. Exactly one year later, 547,234 Americans are dead. The Johns Hopkins numbers are similar.

Trump’s proclamation proves correct FFRF principal founder Anne Gaylor’s adage that “Nothing fails like prayer.”

HippieChick58 9 Mar 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The dummies who prayed and believed Trumps bs are to dense to see how incompatent he is. Caring about about people takes away from his me time.

Prayer, it’s the very least you can do.

Prayer is a great way to pass the buck: "It's in God's hands now."

It's also useful as a way to look like you're helping, when you have no intention of doing anything helpful: "I'll pray for you."

I don't know which use Trump was putting prayer to; it could easily have been both.

I suppose that you could say. "I will pray for you." Translates as. "I don't give a s##t and am not going to do anything, so you can p##s off."

@Fernapple Usually, yes. Every now and then, it translates to "I have no idea how to help, so I'll pray instead". The result is the same, of course, but this latter translation is slightly more palatable.

How did that prayer thing work out?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:582456
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.