Agnostic.com

25 0

Is the presdent Trump speaking for all America with his remarks on line ?

ericgee 4 Nov 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

25 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Fuck no. He lost the popular vote and has lost support since then.

Trump is speaking only for himself and the bigots who support him -- only about a third of the US population. And, that percentage is way the hell too damned high.

No. Unfortunately, due to his position as a public figure he has a bigger arena in which to spout off his bullshit, but he most certainly does not speak for all American citizens.

Trump is the biggest piece of shit who bought himself the Presidency. His base is only 33% of the country so he does not speak for America. He will be impeached soon-hopefully our 25th ammendment will be invoked and he will be found incapable mentally of holding office. Or he will be found guilty of treason/obstructing justice by Robert Mueller.

No, Donald Trump is a sign of just how low American politics has sunk. He lost the popular vote by over 3 million people.

No, he's a reminder of just exactly how prejudiced and hypocritical this country is and can be.

Not me.

well that's nice .do you like Britain ?

Of course not ,but he is speaking for some of the Americans that voted for him ,who ever they may be ,and that’s not me.Remember a good portion of Trump people are in the closet out of fear of being ostracized . Gee that sound like being an Atheist

If he were, then it would prove that evolution can work in reverse and on a mass scale 🙂

The Orange Menace is officially the president, so technically, yes. Factually, not at all. A small but significant percentage of the population shares his peculiar version of the world, but the majority range from much less so to absolutely not.

If he doesn't opt for a war with someone, anyone, to divert our attention and save his presidency, he will probably not see a second term. It is possible he may not complete a first term.

Not for the thinking ones

As a Brit I cannot see how he can be talking on behalf of anyone. The only thing that comes out of his mouth is racism, war and B/S.
The crazy thing is Americans still follow, the most powerful nation in the world garbage and POTUS is the leader of the free world.
He denounces NK as a state sponsor of terrorism and K. Y. Jelly as a fool but no other country has a record for sponsoring terrorism as much as the US.

The United States has at various times in recent history provided support to terrorist and paramilitary organizations around the world. It has also provided assistance to numerous authoritarian regimes that have used state terrorism as a tool of repression.[1][2]

United States support for non-state terrorists has been prominent in Latin America, the Middle-East, and Southern Africa.[1] From 1981 to 1991, the United States provided weapons, training, and extensive financial and logistical support to the Contra rebels in Nicaragua, who used terror tactics in their fight against the Nicaraguan government.[3] At various points the United States also provided training, arms, and funds to terrorists among the Cuban exiles, such as Orlando Bosch and Luis Posada Carriles.

And the UK has never done anything like that in their long history?

Not necessarily, Harleyman. If the US had not entered the war, the Germans would still have lost the European conflict, and the Italians would still have collapsed from internal struggles. It would certainly have taken a bit longer and more lives would have been lost, but the outcome was predictable.

The real importance the US had was in fighting the Japanese across the Pacific and keeping them from attacking more broadly.

So, if it had not been for the Japanese attacking the US and forcing us into a declaration of war which had to include all members of the Axis, perhaps we would have been a somewhat different country today as well. However, it is highly doubtful that England would be speaking German.

We would not be speaking German.

We had a perfectly good alliance with the Soviet Union and, before that, we stood alone for a year.

It would have taken longer to liberate Europe, if that would ever have happened, but we would have survived.

The Soviet Union defeated Nazism - the US didn't.

Well since the British paved the way for WW2 with Germany and the US paved the way for WW2 with Japan.

Maybe we should just be thankful for the peace we have.

Trump isn't the problem; it's the people who voted for him that are the problem, who presumably support all of the bile that he spews out. In my opinion. How would the Americans on this site fix that?

Our President, just like the ones before him speak for the country. He was elected BUT the beauty of our Democracy/Republic is that he DOES NOT speak for everyone. We the loyal opposition have our own voice and are free to exercise it at will. America is a GREAT NATION, we just have a lump of a President at the moment.

Thanks Jane!

No no no no no!!!!

He is the anti-Christ! The rapture is near! Here come the locusts.

godef Level 7 Nov 30, 2017

If you walk into a large chain store, the cashier speaks for the entire company. So does every stock boy and the CEO and the director of marketing and the paid spokespeople. The only difference is that president and soldiers and elected officials do not get to step away from their roles and speak as people. So yes, he is speaking for us and horribly misrepresenting the majority.

yes....all of them....every single one....except for that guy...you know...THAT guy....

Not even remotely close to my ideals.
He's a psychopath.

You know. This guy is the same guy that said and did these things before the election.

No is the answer! I was the biggest asshole at work for pointing this out. I was shunned. I was pointed out in a crowd. What the hell is wrong with the people that voted for him?

I

No American president has or ever will truly speak for all Americans.

The President also known as Flim Flam Man In Chief, speaks and speaks and speaks. Usually to provide a diversion from the really important issues facing my country. Due to an unfair election process and a lack of professional journalism standards he was elected to represent my country. Like former Presidents that provides him a bully pulpit and since he is also our Bully In Chief he has used it to further his agenda and protect his ass. I am so looking forward to seeing him removed from office in handcuffs.

Of course not. I didn't ask him to say a dayum thing for me.

Of course not

You know whats funny. When democracy works for liberal activists, its victory for all. But when a right wing majority vote for their choice and they win. Riots in the streets, smashed buildings, assaulted police officers, stealing, anarchy.

Sure Trump doesn't represent the whole of America but he doesn't claim to. He just wants everyone to accept the decision that the country made and come together so that they can move forward, put their petty differences behind them and help to make America into a better country for Americans (Which is his job, he's the American president, not President of the world).

Also one thing we must realize is that Trump is speaking on behalf of Americas silent majority. The men and women who tolerated the radical liberals, ANTIFA, LGBT, Islamic extremists, etc. He wants to save everyone and not everyone wants to believe that he can save them. So they oppose him. Because a man who speaks truth to the world is a dangerous thing. I can respect Trump for standing against the whole world and saying "Enough", it's time for change.

Also 1 big problem with people is that they expect Trump to act like an infallible person, but he's only human after all. He isn't perfect and doesn't claim to be. Those comments on "locker room talk" were stupid. How many men and women can say they haven't talked shit about the opposite sex before? It's completely normal. People need to stop insulting Trump for being human and just wait 4 years before they have an opinion on him. He deserves time to show through his actions that he can be trusted and respected. Until then, anyone with an opinion on Trump (That includes good and bad opinions) to shut up and get on with their lives.

enough said. Let the results speak for themselves. That way there's evidence to back up claims made by others.

Look, police been assaulting people of color for centuries and those folk who are defending their azzes never said or did a dayum thing about it. why? because they were primarily brown, black, red, yellow skinned people. No people should not wait for 4 years. people need to exercise their right to decency and impeach his azz. they did it to Nixon and he didn't do half the shish this joker is doing. Go figure.

Okay so apart from spending millions on a new election campaign and election. Going through all the same processes and getting the same result. Which would again lead to massive protests, indecency and assaults in the streets. What would change? NOTHING.

Americans need to understand. What you say doesn't matter. What you do does matter. Also the police aren't the ones causing all the problems. They cause some problems but they have to deal with with worst of society. See if you can go for long periods of time dealing with murderers, rapists, assault victims, etc. And not go insane.

Democracy has triumphed. Accept the result of this beloved system. Don't waste other people's money because you don't like a person whom you've never met

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:5892
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.