Agnostic.com

8 11

LINK Parents say first-grader who died by suicide was bullied by racist classmates - TheGrio

It takes an awful lot to get my feelings involved in a story. This one choked me up and I can't seem to shake the image in my head of this baby, a first grader.... 1st grade...dying by a self-inflicted gunshot wound. 😔😥😢

In-part:

The seven year-old was the only Black student in his class at Salado Elementary School where Chaney says her son was called the n-word, “Blacky”, “snaggletooth”, and ugly, KENS 5 reports. Taylor’s desk was also separated from the rest of the class and his mother said there were incidents where students destroyed pairs of the first grader’s shoes.

Even authorities were reluctant to call it what it was. They deemed cause of death an "accidental homicide. To which his parents strongly disagree and seem to have concrete reasons as to why they say he took his own life. 😞

Additionally in the article :
In 2018, suicide became the second leading cause of death in Black children aged 10-14, and the third leading cause for Black adolescents aged 15-19, according to the National Insitute for Mental Health.

There is SO much wrong with what happened to this child it's almost impossible to determine where to even begin in trying to reconcile the end result.

1.) His desk was segregated from the rest of the class. (This isn't 1970 anymore FFS.) 🤬
2.) No adults stepped in when kids called him the "n" word.
3.) No adults stepped in as other children destroyed his shoes.
4.) These white children are learning these hateful behaviors from their parents, care-givers, extended families, friends, and the likes of FoxNews/Sinclair Broadcasting, Republican Party members that their parents undoubtedly support.

#gutwrenching
#shamefuladults

SeaGreenEyez 9 May 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

This happens to black children WAY fucking more than most people realize. Right here in Cle Elum, WA there was a documented instance of the whites piling on a Haitian child (most of the kids thought he was Black) when all along it was a white boy causing the trouble. When admin was confronted with the proof their response was SO? We are not going to do anything about it. The mother pulled the child out of that school and then the family simply moved away. The family was white and had adopted several non white children, the dad was a well paid airline pilot for a well known airline, she was active in the arts and community. Frankly way too educated for that small town.
Yeah, the abuse and bullying happens ALL the time. It is disgusting and those fuckers in CleElum are all christian righteous church going republicans.

Infuriating, and I'm sure that they all come from good,christian families

All forms of hatred of others different from ourselves -- racism, ethnocentrism, xenophobia, etc. -- are the curse of our times, if not of all time.

Insane but it's Texas so normal for them

bobwjr Level 10 May 23, 2021

This does not make sense on so many levels
Why had the parents not gone to the school and complained that segregation was being practiced?
How did a nine year old have access to a gun and manage to operate it?
Why was there no school investigation in to racist verbal abuse?
And last but most stupid accidental homicide is defined as "causing someone’s death through a lawful act while reasonably believing that no harm could occur" How could that possibly apply to a seven year old shooting himself?!

Yes, this article provides more questions than answers.

See my comment above - whites on the board, whites teaching, whites, whites, everywhere it whites. Even when they fucking know they refuse to do anything about it.

@silverotter11 No not "whites" BIGOTS.
I am white and I have never been party to anything like this. I never would be.
This morning in parliament out home secretary, the child of Ugandan immigrants made the most racist populist, bigoted Britons first speech I have ever heard, threatening to clamp down on "unwanteds" and "undeserving foreigners", "asylum seekers" and "illegals". It was rhetoric worthy of a nationalist designed to appeal to bigots, thugs, nazis and win their votes. Her rules that would have prevented her own parents from coming here when they fled Idi Amin in the 1970s. Her name is Priti Patel and she has moved up to my personal number one dangerous British fascist, making arch creep Jacob Rees-Mogg look like a Rank amateur.
So no not "white" people per se, but people of any ethnicity who follow the foul doctrines of racism, ethnic superiority, nationalism, fascism and hate.
Racism will not be destroyed by shifting the hate and prejudice from one group to another.

No words for this..none..🤬🤬🤬🤬

File a civil rights lawsuit against the school and guilty faculty for millionS$$$ punitive damages forcing all students to confess racism is wrong they caused a classmate suicide

Yeah, that is exactly what needs to be done. It is only when the money going out causes hardship for the whites will anything be done.
Why do you think the gop/trump republican party is fighing so hard to keep people of color and the poor from voting.
More importantly is to get better people on school boards and in local government.

Racism is taught by whites against red yellow brown + black children pretending Albinoism is perfection when whites are filthiest dirtiest killers since 1776 USA

Well before 1776.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:598594
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.