Agnostic.com

11 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Ah, you were reading that literally?

Any real proof?

Sorry, but I'd add a longer comment only Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy have just dropped by for coffee....LOL.
And IF that ain't enough now the Yeti and her cousin, the Bunyip, have arrived as well....LOL.

He’s lucky a Great White, Tiger or Bull Shark didn’t grab him.

Packard had scuba gear on so that might be used to draw distinction of time reaction. I think we have to find another narrative which challenges Christianity. Try this one:

“The best cure for Christianity is reading the Bible” SClemens

@bbyrd009 Or Age Of Reason, by Payne. That's who broke me of the idea.

Just for the sake of argument , there are several different kinds of whales . I would think that being inside of one , even briefly , would not necessairly be the same as being inside of a different kind of whale . Two , if you're in pitch blackness for a long period of time , how will you know how many days or how much time has passed ? I don't believe there was a reasonable calendar a few thousand years ago , that he could check to see if , "Well gee , I was swallowed on a Thursday and now it's Sunday ." I would also suspect that how a whale's digestive juices work on the human body would depend on what that particular whale's normal diet consists of . Some whales have teeth , some simply strain grill out of huge amounts of sea they swallow . So , at this particular point , I don't see that anything has been proven in any direction , beyond the fact that a man's body was actually able to be taken into a whale's mouth , and also be spit out again and he survived the experience .

I believe in this case it was a Humpback

Because he found it a little too cramped in there to have lunch? 😂😂

Why would they say "there's so many flaws" and then not list them? They didn't even give you any background info so that you might be able to figure out what those flaws would be yourself.

Typical media Bull shit!!!

Humpbacks can not swallow man size objects, simple because their mouth is lined with baleen plates like a giant comb that they push water through to sieve to trap small animals like krill and mackerel and sardines!!!

It would be almost impossible to be swallowed as a man in a diving suit!!!

Does sound like he was hit with a flipper for swimming too close to the humpback whale, hence knocked out!!!

[discoverwildlife.com]

Where you there?

@GipsyOfNewSpain science! It needs no in personal observation. Others have done that.

Nothing is needed to disprove myth and/or nonsense.

well, up til about 0AD “myth” was how truth was carried forward though? So it might be likely that we are reading literally what was meant to be taken symbolically...”Jonah” has a meaning, as does “fish people,” etc

Bunch o’ bunk!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:603755
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.