Agnostic.com

42 13

Cannabis supporters

Does anyone here support legalizing cannabis? Please explain where you stand on the matter.

CaryHorton 4 Apr 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

42 comments (26 - 42)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Cannibis should be completely legal nationwide. It’s a medicine and safer than anything out there.

I'm ok with it as long as it's done responsibly, I don't want anyone to get hurt.

Gohan Level 7 Apr 18, 2018

I haven't smoked for years but don't think people should be criminalized for a bit of puff. I'm with Dr Nutt. Policy should be driven by harm reduction. Removing revenue from organised crime and removing the cost of policing and imprisoning people for the victimless crime of possession and use are both good reasons to support decriminalisation.

I live in California, no longer an issue. I am in full support of legalization.

Weed is good ,weed is great, : Thats as far I have gotten with my pray.

I Dont Stand... I was an habitual user of the Good Stuff until 1980. I joined the Military and being a good provider for my Family became more important than getting High. A Man is a creature of Habit. So why change? You guys enjoy or argue about it. No judgement from my part but if is legal... where is the Guilty Pleasure? Me being Me... Can I sit down now? "P.S. I won't say I won't comsume the Good Stuff with the Right Partner but I stay out of the issue because... I don't feel I need it. And that lack of need make me feel good and level not superior right about now"

I support that over Big Pharma taking it over. I think so many people use it on their own they know how to titrate with the whole plant for medicinal purposes.As far as being a drug of abuse there are others that cause much more harm societally and individually. I don't think people should be serving long periods in jail for marijuana offenses and those with minor offenses should be pardoned.We incarcerate too many people already.

I do acknowledge it can have some serious consequences, like increased pruning of brain cells in people susceptible to schizophrenia. The pruning is a normal process that occurs about the same time subtle signs of the disease may present but be difficult to diagnose. SO it is not risk free but I don't see how we could limit access related to those individuals

I started smoking regularly after seeing how much it helped my father-in-law with his pain from ALS. Nothing's helped keep my anxiety in check as much as marijuana has. As everyone else has already stated, the reasons given for criminalization are weak or just plain false.

With any luck it will be legal here on july 1st canada day

Ever since I was about 18 and knew about it ive believed it should be legal, I mean booze and tobacco are generally legal so it's crazy cannabis isn't. I actually think all controlled substances should be made legal. the government would make a lot of money and would save a lot on policing illegal sales. also, the greedy dealers putting any kind of shit in what they sell couldn't happen either. if people want to get fucked up they are just going to do it legally or not. I feel the same about prostitution.

You bet your ass! The war on drugs like our wars in Vietnam, Iraq, and Afghanistan is a complete failure. We are not very good at this war thing.

If anything should be banned, it's a substandard product and its distributors. If the right approach is taken, it is possible to make life easier for seriously ill people and to arrange for the safe enjoyment or relaxation of those who wish to do so. This is why marijuana production must not be artisanal but secured by legal CBD distributors who control the quality of the product. And those who distribute substandard cannabis should still be punished for causing harm to health. It will go away if it is not profitable to produce or distribute counterfeit.

Absolutely - in fact, I support legalizing all drugs. Let adults be adults, and let them take responsibility for their actions, only way people learn to grow up.

I think all drugs should be legalised and regulated.

Every society of all ages has had their mind altering drug of choice. It is human nature.

Full legalisation (not just decriminalisation) will reduce addiction and harm - it will allow for better controlled research will give allow users to make informed choices about their drug use. Better purity and consistent doses will reduce harm/likelyhood of overdose.

Drug related crime will likely reduce significantly freeing up police resources. Increase in tax revenue can subsidise treatment schemes for those with addiction issues.

Win - win scenario all round.

I doubt it will ever happen, as governments don't see any of this a vote winners.

And just to clarify, apart from very occasional beer or glass of wine, I don't use recreational drugs.

420 forever

Let me enlighten everyone here. Cannabis is a big money maker worldwide just as guns and armaments are. This is why the big dope bust is limited. All they ever catch is the little guy. This is also why cannabis is not totally legal today. Once it becomes so a lot of people are losing a lot of money. That's where it's at right there. The money. My personal belief is that it's insane to believe you can have a law to prohibit someone from smoking a weed that grows wild out in the field, but that is just my belief.

Sure. I don't care what you do. Not a fan of it personally but it you like going around smelling like that shit and eating all day, by all means do your thing.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:60710
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.