Agnostic.com

47 21

According to one of my friends, I’m going to the Christian Hell just because I’m Pro-LGBT. Have u ever had been threatened with hell because of something like this?

Walkerman2020 4 July 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

47 comments (26 - 47)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I support gay rights but don’t discuss that issue with my religious friends as I like to avoid confrontation. However I don’t support allowing biological males to compete in women’s sports.

Agree on all you mention.

All the time. Its hard to threaten me with something that doesn't exist though lol

redhog Level 7 July 16, 2021

Don't worry about it. As the author Terry Pratchett once wrote, 'You won't be able to get near the fire because of the priests.' I personally haven't been threatened with all the damnation and bonfires. Then again, it's difficult to intimidate someone holding a hammer and has 'yeti' for a nickname. 🙂

Damn near every day..

some friend! fwiw "hell" as we understand it is not in there, not anywhere, ok
Gehenna is on earth, and your friend is surely the blind leading the blind

I’ve had similar.

Tell them to prove it with something factual and verifiable. That’ll piss them off more and increase the humor.

When some bible thumper in the street came up to me to ask if I believed in god and I told him of course not and refused to engage with him further he said if I didn't accept god into my heart I would burn in the fires of hell. I told him if he didn't get out of my face I would call the police. He left yelling at me that I was going to hell.

Budgie Level 8 July 15, 2021

Hell Ain't a Bad Place to Be

You handled it really well and by the book.

Back when I was a teenager I was told by so many that I was going to hell!!!

I throughly enjoyed and still do enjoy Sex, Drugs, and Rock & Roll at seventy!!!

Fuck them then and fuck them now, the vast majority are already dead hence in their own hell for being faux phony Sunday christians!!!

Not yet, am ready with a horse laugh

bobwjr Level 10 July 15, 2021

Don't let it worry you. Trust me.

need some new friends.

"Hell is teeming with intolerant assholes like you!"

My reply would be ... you are going to hell for judging me, which Jesus specifically instructed not to do.

As Mark Twain said, "Hell for company, Heaven for virtue"...

Quite often since I represent a LGBT+ Organisation demanding the decriminalisation ofhomosexuality. Even death threats from Islamist fanatics to help me reach hell ASAP. I derive much comfort from the fact that nobody ever went to hell or know where it is. Even sinning Christians cannot get there when they do deserve a few eternities in hell.

I wonder if jesus would persecute lgbt

Mvtt Level 7 July 15, 2021

Who hasn't? As a teacher, I was pretty careful about any non god statements. However, most of my students knew my liberal leanings. That and I did on occasion go to the Unitarian Society (2 of my 3 kids enjoyed going there).
I did have one sophomore girl, from an evangelical family tell me that I was going to hell. I don't remember why. Oddly, she ended up taking all of my writing and literature electives (she was quite bright - teaches college in Ireland now and seems much more liberal minded). BTW, it was a small school, and I always learned WAY more about the kids than I ever wanted to know. From a reliable source, whatever that is, I learned that in her senior year she was having anal sex so as to stay a virgin pre marriage.

Well, ok and alrighty then, as far as her sexual choice there....

Good lord, yes.

• Because I've spoken in support of the LGBT(etc) community.

• Because I've spoken of a woman's right to choose what happens to her own body.

• Because I've dared to declare that if the bible is to be believed, then god is a 'genocidal, mass-murderer' (I was talking about Noah's flood, but there are many other instances).

• Because I've pointed out to a christian woman that if she works on the sabbath, the bible ITSELF declares she must be stoned to death.

And so on.

The crazy thing is that christians seem to believe I will fear their nonsense hell - even when I tell them that being threatened with hell is about as scary to me as being threatenned with Elmer Fudd's rifle.

Oh - and I got threatened with hell (again) for that, too!

As a young child I would ask questions during Sunday school. I would laugh when they would say ridiculous things. I was told that I would burn in hell for all eternity if I didn't believe everything in the bible. I would just snicker.

BethPl Level 5 July 16, 2021

For there are some eunuchs, which were so born from their mother's womb: and there are some eunuchs, which were made eunuchs of men: and there be eunuchs, which have made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven's sake. He that is able to receive it, let him receive it.19:12

Word Level 8 July 16, 2021

Now that is some really good stuff there

Strangely, even being by myself, I cant' remember ever beign threatened with (Christian) hell.

I think persons who do so though haven't actually read their bible. It says things like "love thy neighbor", Lover thy enemy as thyself" and "Judge not".

Hey, Christian Hell doesn't have hot chicks…

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:609694
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.