Agnostic.com

18 7

One of my very good friends is very angry with me because I do not believe that covid is just a hoax as she does. She also accuses me of not being a "spiritual" person and because of that I cannot understand that covid is a hoax. According to her she is on the brink of un friend me, but says she does not want to do so but there seem to be caveat to it. If I change then all will be forgiven..... Now do I sell my soul or just be me?

Jolanta 9 July 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

18 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

You do not need that bullshit....bye! NEXT!!!!

Fuck her, let her die.

Easy decision,be true to yourself

Someone who wants you to change to suit their needs, is not your friend to start with. Sorry, you may be fond of this person, but that is the truth, she does not love you the person, but only the thing she wants you to be in her life.

"... but only the thing she wants you to be in her life." Very well said!

Hi, you are totally right, that is what I was thinking. She needs me more than I need her.

@Jolanta Sometimes you have to be a little forgiving. You never know to what extent the church may be manipulating them.

I have a friend who is quite elderly, nearly ninety. She had a best friend who she went to school with, and they were pals all their lives, never out of touch. But sadly her friend was born into a family with JW links and they got sucked ever more deeply into a fundi sub section of an extreme type. A couple of years ago, just before the pandemic, my friends old school friend passed away. But the family and the church closed ranks, and all non JW people including my friend were kept from the bed side, and of course from the funeral.

My poor friend who is quite frail and grew up largely secular, and therefore innocent of the ways of churches, found it all impossible to understand. Becoming convinced that they had had a rift for some reason she could not fathom. There were storms of tears, and questions asked like. "Why is she doing this, I wanted more than anything to see her before she died ?"

If the churches never did anything worse than keeping two frail and eldery people apart, to die more alone than they had to by nature, it would be more than crime enough.

With friends like her you don't need any enemies. Seriously are you even considering giving in?

NOOOOO. I have no intention to fit into her life, not giving my power away to anyone.

Update your definition of "friend", especially that abusive part!

Well she thinks I am the 'abusive' one, boy has she got a surprise awaiting her.

If you sole your 'soul' you wouldn't be you. Either she get the real you or a fake one.

Right on. I am not selling my soul to anyone.

@Jolanta Go on! I'll offer you two and sixpence for it!

Tell her you have a deep spiritual connection to the truth, reality, and science, made richer from your research and viewing both sides of a situation equally until one side wins you over. For you to deny science is like her denying (insert magical power here) and that you need to do what's right for you. If she can't respect that, and believes you to be stupid, uncaring or unfeeling, so be it. You know you are right, and to not be true to yourself is to give up part of your soul, as you say.

Call her a dumb cunt and proactively delete her yourself. She's an idiot who levies ultimatums at you to change something about yourself that you literally can't change. You wouldn't take that shit from a significant other, you sure as fuck shouldn't take it from some bible-thumping moronic "friend".

Always be yourself, that is all you can actually be, everything else is just a false shell. At least that is my opinion.

Be you, I've lost 3 families over being me, I'm willing to lose 3 more.

So sad about that

@bobwjr Me too, but whatcha going to do? Maybe I’m more of a pain than I can admit to myself. I don’t talk most of the week with anyone and when I do they’re giving me change for something I purchased. It’s all YouTube and getting excited about science or politics or religion or art or programming but it’s not like I could share those things even when I didn’t live alone.
I’d love to share what’s on my mind but I sense no one is up for the experience. Which should explain my interest in Loki and Spock as a fiction fan. I’ve been called “mysterious” and “weird” a “nerd” and once a British Lady said I was “fay” and sometimes I can get five times the information about someone by just talking with them than they actually speak, and I was told it was creepy and asked if I was spying.
So alone is good, and I get along with wildlife better than I do other members of my own species.

@Willow_Wisp Hang in there sweety, just keep being the good person you are

gotta let them go.

Idiots ask them if ventilators are fun

bobwjr Level 10 July 20, 2021

Be you!
What does a used soul go for these days?

The price of a used soul is three Donald Trumps and one Mike Pence.

On several occasions I've sold my soul to people for a few bucks. They thought I was being crazy and delighted in buying it for such a cheap price. "You're going to regret this so bad" they'd say. I'd just put on a serious, but ever-so-slightly concerned face like maybe I was making a mistake so I wouldn't scare them out of the deal. Funniest money I've ever made. I was basically stealing money from them while they thought they were super taking advantage of me.

She doesn’t sound like a genuine friend to me. Friends don’t put conditions on your friendship or threaten to unfriend you because your views differ. Apart from all that…she sounds like a fruitcake, so probably no loss to you if you are unfriended!

Is she really a friend?

My suggestion, for what it is worth, is be yourself. There is nothing to be gained by being dishonest with yourself: she is either not the person you thought she was, or she has changed.

Be you... don't argue with toxic people

Buddha Level 8 July 20, 2021

What are you asking for it? I could probably use a spare.

skado Level 9 July 20, 2021

You could not afford it.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:610682
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.