Agnostic.com

17 0

In what way(s) has your cat trained you?

snytiger6 9 Apr 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

17 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

They try to train me all the time but I ignore their advice as they do not contribute anything for the food they eat.....and they only tolerate me because I feed them....I have 2 cats and am allergic to both but had them since they were kittens cannot wait for them to die...I cannot live without them but could breath better if they were not there...one is 11 and the other is 13...but still going strong...sorry

She makes me open the blind here next to my computer so she can lie in teh sun on teh window sill, if my son is away, I have to sleep with my arm at a certain angle to she can lie against it with her chin resting on the indent made by my wrist.

My cat, Tobus McGee, has me conditioned to never close a door inside my home if he is on the other side of it.

My cat Zeus is very much his own cat. He spent time with me constantly till my daughter and her bf of 5 years moved back in my house. They live downstairs and he's now hanging out and sleeping with them and my dog downstairs. Dane my "son-in-law" is Alpha.

Zoot Suit has trained me to pick him up & cuddle him when he sits at my feet & meows.
Pachuco has taught me to open the door when he paws at the knob.
They both have taught me that when they meow in the hallway, Spritely the sprightly schipperke is blocking the passage. She is passive/aggressive before becoming aggressive/aggressive & enjoys playing gate keeper.

It is me I am here

Rosh Level 7 Apr 19, 2018

My at is my lovely little alarm clock. When she wakes up in the morning, she makes a beeline to my bed and wakes me up wanting to shmooze. A great w;ay to begin the day!.

Yeah, my cast wake me up n the mornings, but they are not consistent about he time(s) they come to get me up. Sometimes it is th emiddle ofhte night.

They knock on my bedroom door if they are board of they think they need a treat. Not sure how they figured that trick out yet.

The girl cat (Sasha) will scratch ont eh door when i am in the bathroom. It's not that she want wants in or even wants attention, but she object to any door that is closed which keeps her form being able to enter a room if she so chooses.

That I have no personal space.

When I visit ex gf her cat that I used to live with her when he got rescued uses my shoes as catnip. He can't wait for me to take them off.

I once had a cat who would sleep on top of ht shoes lined up at the door.

One of my boys has come to expect that when he wants to curl up on the couch (or chair), that I will make him a fort with a blanket. He will paw at the blanket folded on the back of the couch and stare at me until I do.

All my pets train me.

P.S. Years ago I had a little grey tabby inside/outside cat - I would let her out in the evenings and tell her to be home by 10. Believe it or not - that cat would show up at 10 pawing at the door ready to come in.....??????

I've had cats all of my life - the last two were lynx marked Himalayans - spoiled beyond belief and I plead guilty on all counts. Haven't gone into the bathroom by myself in years...hahaha. My daily routine is dictated by making sure that all the cats - inside and out - are fed and tended to before anything else gets done. Little Tess has just hit her 20th birthday - she does whatever the hell she pleases and I'm perfectly fine with that. Some day I will be a very, very old girl - just like her - and I hope the people around me will allow me that same consideration.

Don't you dare close that door, human.

There's hell to pay if they can see the bottom of the bowl.....

My sister is the only one to give the cats wet food, but yes, if the dry food getsw low they let me know about it.

Both cats will paw ont eh sliding class door to le tus know when they want in or out. Teh boy cat took it a step further nd comes upstairs and onto tht edresser and paws at teh mirror to let me know he wants me to get up and let him out.

It's stange but I seem to know th edifference between the "I'm hungry" meow and the "I want out" meow.

Hello " Catman "

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:61386
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.