Agnostic.com

5 5

Over zealous prov-vax proponents remind me a lot of theists.

They quickly and proudly proclaim their vax status to you when you first meet, posting images of doing the deed on social media. They are very strong in their belief and if you dare question...........Blasphemy!!!!!
They are even similar in they are willing to persecute those who do not share their beliefs and want everyone to conform to their way of thinking.

Irrelevant if they are wrong or right, this is the way they are acting. They also have fascist overtones in their rhetoric, with anti-vaxxers being the new Jews; Destroying society and a danger to us all, need to identify them and exclude from certain activities. Pay them less for same work done.

powder 8 Aug 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

There is a huge difference. Vaccination proponents have science on their side and vaccinations are a matter of public safety.

In-group/out-group enmity. Both sides know how to hate and blame. No sides know how to get over themselves and cooperate.

skado Level 9 Aug 11, 2021

@powder
bullshit comes in all flavors

there is no getting even

I'm one of those pro-vax proponents. The people screaming about their freedoms, my body choice, are all a bunch of fucking morons who are preventing the eradication of this virus. It should be made compulsory for admission to school, places of business and the military. The antivaxxers are the fucking fascists.

@powder
People also believe that people with darker skin are inferior. Should we be fine with that belief?
People believe Jews should be gassed to death. That something we should just be fine with as an equally valid but different opinion?
As for vaccines, should we let children go unvaccinated for measles and polio because their parents believe the vaccines are less effective than herd immunity or large amounts of organic vegetables in the diet?
Beliefs are not equal to facts.
As for mandating the vaccine, I'm fine with it being personal choice now that the data is showing 97+% of people dying are anti-vaxxers. Let them all die now so they won't be as harmful to society at large when the next pandemic starts.

@powder If you think wanting someone dead for an arbitrary reason like heritage or skin color is the same thing as wanting people to die for the very specific non-arbitrary reason that their idiocy is going to exacerbate death for many more people in the future then you have such poor reasoning skills I couldn't possibly help you.

@powder Claiming you want no one to die while being an anti-vaxxer is like claiming you want to protect children while donating money to the Catholic archdiocese who use funds to allow pedophile priests escape prosecution. Actions speak louder than words and your actions say you want a lot of people to die of covid and more to die of the next pandemic disease.

@powder Whether or not you want to or technically can call it a vaccine is irrelevant. The facts are these:
-the shot reduces the likelihood that one will have severe symptoms

• the shot reduces how sick you get if you even get infected, thus, it likely reduces the viral load you shed thereby reducing how sick people get that catch it from you
  • the people that can get vaccinated and don't are making it way worse for those that can't but want to which shows what selfish cunts those people are
  • all anti-vaxxers and anti-maskers are dirty stupid cunts, not necessarily everyone that is unvaccinated
  • it is sad when someone who is doing everything they can to protect themselves and others dies, but luckily over 97% of those needing hospitalization are unvaccinated and an even higher percentage of those dying are unvaccinated
  • I will always cheer on the death of dirty stupid cunts

@powder I'm not "fine" with a loose definition of vaccine, I'm saying it doesn't matter what you call it so the definition is irrelevant.
There are plenty of people who got covid twice, so you thinking you had a "robust enough" reaction means fuck all.
As for masks, hygiene, and distancing, you dumb fuckin' anti-vaxxers wouldn't even do that when it was asked of you, so you don't get to claim that's a possible solution now.
You and the rest of the anti-vaxxers are dumb fucking cunts and I hope you all get covid and die so you can't cause problems like this next pandemic.

@powder I'm 100% not saying it should be forced on people (remember, I love that anti-vaxxers are dropping like flies and want to ride this trend to thin the herd of as many of them as possible), but businesses denying use of their services to the unvaccinated is completely in their purview. Schools mandating masks and vaccines, when available, to children? I'm behind that too.
One's belief that they had covid (which they may not have) and that their immune response is sufficient (which it may not be, plenty of people have gotten it again) is not good enough. And the numbers don't support that either. If 97% of people that need hospitalization and die are unvaccinated, then the vaccine is obviously more beneficial than whatever natural immunities and prevention methods people think will work. We know that people can get infected after the shot and after having had covid, yet the shot keeps people alive and home at an astronomically higher rate.

I agree. The pro-vaxers and the scientists and the CDC and the doctors want to encourage everyone to get vaccinated in order to reduce or eliminate the threat of Covid and bring an end to shutdowns and travel restrictions and save lives. How dare they! They are stomping on the rights of the anti-vaxxers!

Its wrong for those pro-vax people to become angry and frustrated when those who don't want to be bothered with getting a vaccination refuse to do so. Anti-vax people have the right to get sick and spread disease freely and without restriction or regard to the safety of others. Having even the slightest consideration for the well-being of anyone else... such as the elderly or those with poor immune systems... is simply too much to ask. Am I right? Heck yea I am!

And what good has vaccinations even done? I mean... aside from eradicating more than a dozen dangerous and deadly diseases? That was years ago and has nothing to do with today.

And just like the Jews, who were forcibly taken from their homes and executed during WWII, anti-vax people have to face the unspeakable horrors of not being allowed in some public places, mockery and disdain both in public and online, and having to constantly dismiss and disregard medical science with the newest conspiracy theories. I'm sure that some day there will be a memorial honoring the anti-vaxxers who faced such inhumane treatment.

My thoughts and prayers go out to all the anti-vaxxers.

I realize you're not in the U.S. and each county is responding to the pandemic in their own way but the U.S. Center for Disease Control tracks Covid cases and deaths.

[covid.cdc.gov]

Here in the U.S. the number of Covid cases and deaths dropped rapidly after the vaccine was made available in March and dropped to a small fraction by June. There has been a drastic increase in cases in July and August due to the spread of the Delta variant and the majority of cases are among those who are unvaccinated. The more unvaccinated people that get and spread Covid the greater the opportunity for Covid to further mutate.

This is not a belief or my opinion. This is fact.

Here in the U.S. you have to have a wide number of vaccines to attend public school or college and its been this way for decades. Children here know nothing of polio, mumps, rubella, measles, small pox, chicken pox, diptheria, and several others. No one complains about these diseases being gone. We could do the same with Covid if everyone did their part. But... you know... that's asking too much.

@powder @Charles1971 Trivializing the Holocaust by comparing trying to eradicate a pandemic from the planet is hateful ignorance. You both would've been fucking Nazis back in the 1940s.

@barjoe Ease up there Joe. I was being sarcastic and trying to be satirical. I thought it was obvious in the wording. Saying that I would have been a Nazi in the 40's solely based on my comment is ridiculous and short-sighted of you.

Unless you literally meant that I would be fucking Nazis. That would be highly unlikely unless I had been born in Germany quite a few years prior to 1940... in which case we can't be sure of who I'd be fucking (if anyone) and if those who I might fuck would disclose to me their association with the Nazi party. But that's really going off on a rather silly tangent don't you think?

@Charles1971 I laughed aloud to this comment because I was thinking the exact same thing when I read "fucking Nazis".

word

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:615214
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.