Agnostic.com

8 8

LINK The Troubling Truth About the Christian Organization “Teen Challenge” | Hemant Mehta | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

They are more interested in pushing Christianity than they are in helping teens overcome addiction(s).

snytiger6 9 Oct 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

First, "Teen" Challenge is not just for teens, it is religion based sobriety for all ages.

Secondly, sobriety based on religion is not sobriety, it's a poor substitution, just changing addictions to opium of the people. When you put your faith into religion to keep you sober, ultimately your religion fails, faith dissolves, and your addictions and vices come back full bore.

A friend had an intervention which landed him in Teen Challenge. He became a religious fanatic and closet user. A second stint with Teen Challenge turned him in to a Teen Challenge minister who fluctuated between dry drunk and closet user. When his faith failed to keep him sober, he lost faith, spiraled out of control, and ended up committing suicide. One of his reasons for ending it all, because his faith in God didn't keep him sober.

Teen challenge created a religious fanatic and never address any of his mental health issues.

Ok, I'll get off my soap box now.

FFS, I've been a Counselor for Children and Youths for well over 20+ years, helped quite a number who have been addicts to one or another drug/s as well.
They do NOT need to lectured about some dead Jew on a Stick, they do NOT need to be punished, separated from their own friends, etc, THEY need kindness, understanding, someone willing to listen to and talk WITH them NOT at them and MOST of all Encouragement that THEY are the ones capable of finding the solution/s to their problems and implementing them and seeing them through.

Love the “dead Jew on a stick” 😂

@Barnie2years Feel most welcome to borrow and use it as you so desire.

They put it in everywhere, try actually treating them

bobwjr Level 10 Oct 13, 2021

Exactly.

Christianity needs to be outlawed.

No christian place should ever be allowed to offer counseling.
Let alone get tax dollars for it.

In Christian counseling Jesus is always the answer. This is the best reason to avoid them because Jesus cannot be the answer. Even in prison so many people "find Jesus" because it might help parole chances and they have no place else to go. Meanwhile, Jesus is doing nothing.

They need to be shut down and people thrown in prison.

Sick degenerates. We must find some way to criminalize corruption.

Yep……same mentality as, ‘I need a plumber, but I’ll call a salesman instead’. DUUURRRR

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:628005
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.