Agnostic.com

8 10

LINK Mother explains why she says virginity doesn't exist - Upworthy

She's on point with this take. Another example of religion trying to control people. It would be nice if people could just let others find their own happiness without made up bullshit.

Sharpeward 4 Nov 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I've heard of fanatics taking a young girl to the doctor to check and see if the hymen is intact. They need to stop and ask themselves what this is for. You are scaring the girl and I doubt she will remember this kindly. Ever hear of horseback riding? That's one reason possibly to "not be a virgin." This is all control and ridiculous nonsense.

@Sorcha I've heard that bit is tissue is sometimes so elastic it can survive childbirth.

Mother is right it's all bullshit. The last time someone made a big thing about it a religion started

bobwjr Level 10 Nov 29, 2021

The whole of our gender behaviors needs to be reformulated. (now that a larger share of the population is giving up religion)

My mother was given little to no sex ed, she was pregnant at 15 and married at 16. She made sure that my sister and I knew as much about sex as she could, she encouraged us to be open about our sexuality and understand that it was a big part of relationships. She was much like @Lauren in that both my and my sister's friends looked to her to give them accurate information not available from their own parents.

Right, it's even more important for the boys to learn, because I think there are even fewer places for them to go. Good for your mom!

@Lauren Since I was a voracious reader, I already had most of the technical information, but in the 60s even that was heavily biased. Reading Kinsey, and Masters and Johnson in my "office"in our store's warehouse while keeping an ear out for my grandmother was not the best way to learn. It was liberating when I went to live with my mother at 13.

@glennlab I learned nothing from my parents. What I did was vague, "magic on the honeymoon" stuff where everything turns out well for people who love each other. So my research was my father's Playboy collection, books, and boys. None of these were particularly helpful. 🙄

@Lauren One of my old jokes was that I was 14 before I found out that woment didn't have staples in their navels

For similar reason, I was the same with my children.

@Sharpeward Whoa, weren't you fancy with a tree fort! My father had an office at home where he had several briefcases in the closet. I don't know how we even stumbled upon it, but one was where he kept his magazines. I still remember the five of us squeezed into a teeny tiny powder room and devouring all that new information. It was so enlightening! 😁

I absolutely agree, so much that it's the way I raised my girls, and I would tell it to any of their friends who asked because they weren't getting straight answers about sex anywhere else.

Not only did I encourage sex before marriage (I think I used the expression "kick the tires" ), but I told them it was too important a part of the relationship to put it off until after marriage, and that it's too hard to focus on the important stuff if you're obsessed with having sex.

I only had one of their friends attempt to bait me and I had to shut her down. The others were all interested and appreciative. I couldn't believe some of the things they didn't know, and yet people still think that's a good way to let their kids muck about in the real world.

A very balanced attitude. Her children are lucky to have such good sense available to them. Sadly we still live in a world where in some places, even being suspected of not being a virgin can get people killed.

Whether or not I agree, but I give her credit for trying this.

No one ever said parenting was easy, or had set rules.

Cookies.

I don’t accept them and got in(the link not something else).lol

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:636419
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.