Agnostic.com

3 4

Her parents not only refuse to learn ASL, when they watch movies with her they won't turn on the captioning because it's "annoying!" Lady, your parents are self-centered abusive sheetheads, cut them out of your life.
A woman on Reddit has refused to visit her parents after they said they won’t be learning sign language to talk to her, even though she lost her hearing eight years ago: [mirror.co.uk]

Druvius 8 Jan 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Self involved assholes

I hope she's able to live independently and get away from the creeps.

Ableism in a very callous and abusive form. I can only wonder what they were like as parents when she was younger, even before her hearing loss.

I'm guessing that people who refuse to turn on captions if a deaf person is watching the movie are terrible human beings and parents in every way.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:643373
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.