Agnostic.com

8 16

LINK WV teachers told kids to attend a religious revival during the school day

A public school district in West Virginia can’t seem to get its story straight when it comes to explaining how a Christian ministry infiltrated its building during the school day and held a religious revival. Their excuses don’t match the evidence and the backlash is now much larger than they ever expected.

snytiger6 9 Feb 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Attempting to recruit children with or witnout parental approval has been a tactic of a number of religionist for a long time. Since kids are required to be schooled and the most common means of doing so is for them to attend public schools, these religionists see schools as a good target because young people are concentrated there.

This situation sounds a lot like the school and possibly the district administration was also involved in organizing the event. Disciplinary action should be meted out to the highest levels of involvement. These teachers and administrators must take more seriously the care of other people's children being entrusted to them. I don't endorse or condone all the restrictions parents want to place on what schools can expose kids to, but this one is obviously over the line.

Hear! Hear!

Plus Christian supremacists will try every dirty trick in the book.

Once in High School they sprung a religious waffle class on us it was meant to be Health I asked to go to the library and was told no as my parents had agreed to RI classes.
So I sat at the front took out my Homework and started on it. In full view of the teacher and the morons who were babbling on. I was quiet I did not interrupt what they were saying but I very obviously was not listening and not caring what they said. Got a fair bit of my homework completed.

I am delighted to see that FFRF is getting involved in this debacle. The religious assholes need their asses to be given a thorough whopping.

Hahahaha...my mother used to make me go to "Catechism classes" ...I would skip the classes and do something meaningful...like try out all the nice bikes the other kids owned...my Sunday Tithe went in my pocket...I got busted when the church called and asked my mother why my weekly envelope hadn't shown up for about 3 months...😂...Sunday Church on my own ended abruptly...then she started making me read and memorize the sermon and I would have to write it FROM FUCKING MEMORY...word for word...smfh...she gave up because I had a pretty damn good memory and she could tell I didn't believe a word of it...church stopped when I was about 12...fuck em.

Ignorant adults trying to keep the children as ignorant as they are. Hopefully some parents will file a lawsuit against the school and staff responsible for this “mistake”!

If I remember some of the times at school when I'd do almost anything to "skip" a class then I'd guess some of those kids were wise enough to "go with the flow" and get a break from a boring lesson or two.
Shit, when they TRIED to make us boys do Home Economics ( cooking, etc, stuff I already knew how to do btw) I'd volunteer to go around collecting rubbish from the School Grounds or sit with a tin of polish and shine up the sports equipment like the footballs, etc, etc, ANYTHING to escape a a 40 minute lesson with dreary, dull and boring Miss Duestonbury the Home Economic Teacher.

No surprise there.

WV has become a backwater little shit hole depending on federal funds for survival and continues to shoot itself in their feet.
When driving back and forth from Central Pennsylvania to Chicago, I often stopped for cheap gas at a little place there. The stations neighbors had a hand printed sign telling people who was damned to hell, including Atheists; Mormons; Jehovah's Witnesses; Muslims; Hindus; Catholics.

Decades of inbreeding will do that! 😂

I'm sure the bibble told them who all was going to be damned to hell.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:649363
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.