Agnostic.com

213 30

QUESTION What would you say to God if when you died you were faced with him?

This question was asked to Stephen Fry and I love his answer. So I ask you what would you say?

• Click description above to see Stephen Fry's answer*

To answer my own question I suppose I would be more logical and tell God it was his fault I did not believe in him because if he created me then he knows I would not blindly follow anything that reads like a fairytale or where there was no proof of existence.

DiablitaRoja 4 Apr 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

213 comments (76 - 100)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Not going to happen.

Seeing you are discussing a fictional concept, Stephen Fry's answer is about right. That being said, I understand the need for a lot of the humans on this earth to have finite answers to questions that can't be answered. They would be living in so much fear, they would be paralyzed.

<3 that..
I'll have to think about what I'd say... Will be difficult to top all that...

"You have a lot of explaining to do".

in a Ricky Ricardo accent

Why did you allow people, especially children to suffer from those horrible diseases which you created?

The greatest trick of Satan was convinsing people he dosn't exist.

Why are you posting on an Atheist site?

@mickeyrom I thought I posted this where the question was about gods in movies.

If I should discover, after I die
that it be the truth, what I pegged as a lie
alone with the Gods, just a moment or two
to shake my head, and say shame on you

NOW you show up.

I'd tell him he's a shitty leader, creator, designer. But that won't ever happen.

"In college they told me this was all bullshit" - Steve Martin

Well, I'll be damned.

I would likely be kicked off this site if I wrote what I would really want to say as I'm sure it would be laced with a ton of color metaphors.

I've seen Stephen Fry answer this question. I would simply accept his existence and request passage to hell. I wouldn't want to be near anyone who has the power to stop all the atrocities in the world and choses to watch like it's a reality show or something.

My Bad!!!!!

Have to be...."You sneaky bastard! You really fooled me...."

I'd dismiss it as a weird dream and go.back to sleep

It's a moot question of course because it's like asking what you'd say to the tooth fairy but if I died, I can't say anything or percieve a conversation or eternity because souls are also a myth. Sentencing someone with a no longer functioning brain or central nervous system to a eneternity of torture is like beating a dead horse. But hypothetically I'd explain that he is a buffoon for designing a food chain where every creature must decide between murder in horrific ways in order to eat to survive or choose starvation. A world it knew that 20,000 children die daily for lack of nutrition. Where a god that can do anything would be smart enough to have all life survive on sunlight or no sustenance at all. But as I said, an omnipotent god would already know this and provide the answer before asking. It would provide it now.

It depends... which god?

Any God 🙂

"Scuse me sir/mam... where's the buffet?"

First, I love the look on the interviewers face as Fry answers!!! I agree with his answer & yours. I'd lean closer to Fry in the respect that I usually am a bit flippant with this question, as I don't see it happening, but it'd be something like, "Jaweh (if it is that particular god), you got some 'splainin' to do!"

Nice I am loving this answer !

"You suck at this"

I agree

Hi, God. Can you create a rock that is so heavy that you cannot lift it? Otherwise known as Godel's incompleteness thereom. If he can answer it, then there really is a God.

Or her?

KenG Level 6 Apr 24, 2018

God is not worth my words, and he owes us all an explanation anyways.

'You've got a whole lot of explaining to do! I'm glad I've now got Eternity to hear it because I bet it'll take at least half of that time to convince me.' 😉

'On second thought, nevermind; listening to excuses for Eternity sounds like Hell already.'

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:65104
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.