Agnostic.com

213 30

QUESTION What would you say to God if when you died you were faced with him?

This question was asked to Stephen Fry and I love his answer. So I ask you what would you say?

• Click description above to see Stephen Fry's answer*

To answer my own question I suppose I would be more logical and tell God it was his fault I did not believe in him because if he created me then he knows I would not blindly follow anything that reads like a fairytale or where there was no proof of existence.

DiablitaRoja 4 Apr 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

213 comments (101 - 125)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I would be in shock being no proof of existence. Is this a dream or nightmare?

O my god what a bad dream

Sigh................Glad for the thoughtful and humorous answers.

Not at all glad for the people who find it necessary to splice the f%ck out of questions. It's a hypothetical question y'all!

I don't believe in ANYTHING supernatural, AND I don't see the point in reminding everybody here of that as a response to so many PRETEND questions.

@NotConvinced That's exactly it! Some people so much of the time are constantly "on" -- practicing their wit, snark, sarcasm, debate skills, etc. Tuning their character.

What is this thing? It isn't a thing. Its not even about evidence or making sense. It doesn't even get that much of a response. To me its like saying what would you do if you met a fairy godmother, it ain't happening, there isn't one so there is absolutely no point. As for all the shite its all just random chance. A baby dies a horrible death or a complete gobshite wins the lottery. There is no rhyme or reason, just enjoy that we have each other and we have today.

Oh and by the way supreme being if you do exist, I don't want to go to heaven with a load of up-their-own-assholes, pompous creeps. Send me to hell where the real party is at.

@Amisja No doubt, my best friends would be there

Sup G, aye where’s the white women at? But no seriously are you omnipotent or not? If so, what you allowed to go on in my life and most everyone else’s was supremely fucked up. What do you have to say for yourself? You’re certainly not good, let alone made of love. If you do seem to embody love then your power must be severely limited and your message was poorly communicated to say the least huh? In which case I forgive you, I know us humans could fuck up a wet dream when left to our own interpretive devices. But if you claim to be the old school, in-control god of the Bible and fear of your assholery is a prerequisite to entering heaven, lets cut to the chase: I’m not interested. You’ve already done your worst to me and I’m still standing. Either send me to hell or point me to the nearest bale of weed cause I can’t look at your shame peddling, flesh torturing ass right now.

@SnatchHammer66 I would be fine with option A or C, although what I prefer is irrelevant. I believe we live in option A. The part where god would be at fault if he existed, is offering us option A with a plan B safety net of an interceding god, who loves his children and answers their prayers while allowing us to mess up just enough to learn a lesson here and there. That’s the sort of lying bullshit I’m calling god out on, and he could have no answer for failure other than impotence or malice. Also, if you’re omnipotent and omniscient, your creation and everything it does after the fact is also directly your fault. You knew it would happen and set it in motion.

I would say "Where have you been and where were you when I needed you"

"Beg humanity for forgiveness."

I'd probably ask them them (he/she) what the meaning and purpose of life was so that I could compare it with my findings on the topic.

I would punch hIm on the nose for gIvIng me a mIserable tIme.

Sorry to hear this 😟

Are you really one of us?

Oops! Just kidding!?

Can’t. Doesn’t exist.

God- "BEHOLD, MORTAL! MY DIVINE PRESENCE!"
Me- "Who the fuck are you?"
God- "I AM THE LORD THINE GOD"
Me- "Bullshit. Where am I?"
God- "YOU STAND IN JUDGEMENT AT THE GATES OF HEAVEN"
Me, finally looking around- "Woah. Guess I was wrong. Probably gonna need a minute. Uh..."
God- "YOU HAVE LIVED A FAITHLESS LIFE. WHAT SAY YOU IN YOUR DEFENSE?"
Me- "I lived a good, sensible life. It's not my fault you couldn't be bothered to show any evidence whatsoever for your existence. Believing in you would have been crazy. And one possible definition of evil is insanity. You want me to be evil? You sure you're not Satan, and this isn't some kind of trick?"
God, looking annoyed- "SPEAK NOT AGAINST ME, FOR I AM GOOD"
Me, getting angry- "Bullshit! You toy with us, show no mercy, protect no one, do nothing! If allowing evil to thrive is what it means to you to be good, then I want none of it!"
God- "THEN I CAST YOU TO HELL, WHERE YOU SHALL SUFFER FOR ALL ETERNITY FOR YOUR DEFIANCE"
Me, falling through the clouds- "Fuuuuuuuuucccckkkkkk!"
Me, landing in hell- "I shoulda thought that through."
Satan, looking bored- "He's a dick. Has been for all of creation. Go down the hall, take your first right."
Me, looking relieved- "You mean you aren't going to torture me?"
Satan, chuckling- "Oh, we're still gonna torture you. For the first hundred years, we torture you with mindless beurocracy. Ha ha ha ha HA HAHAHAHA!"
Me- "...shit."

Just like supernatural where hell is literally just waiting in line for eternity

@LadyAlyxandrea I knew I wasn't the first to come up with something so evil!

In my defense, I was skeptical and really high and severely unloved. Also, what's up with my being transgender? Did you like, make a mistake or something? It's ok, I forgive you I guess.

I don't think being skeptical is a bad thing at all.

@alxa it's not in general, but in the hypothetical situation prompted here, would prevent one from blindly believing in such a deity.

I would tell him he did a bad job at revealing himself to me and the world. But since there is no such thing as the supernatural I am sure I won't be having that conversation.

I would ask "Why did you allow SO much suffering, especially to innocent children who were abused or starved to death?"

Stephen Fry is a brilliant man. I would have to agree with what he said but I stop laughing so hard I was crying.

It was your plan, not mine.

What the fuck is wrong with you jerk.

Well, I'll be damned. Fry's answer is the theme of Twain's The Mysterious Stranger.

I'd probably spit in it's eye and take a big swing at it, and commence to cussing it out for being such a piece of shit.
Then I'd be asking a lot of questions. Starting with "What the fuck is wrong with you?"

But since god isn't real, and when you're dead, that's it, it's all a moot point.

The thing about Stephen Fry's kind of person is that he is prone to making theatrics, rather than actually addressing subject matter at hand. If you notice, he doesn't stop to think about the question or anything, he just sort of spouts off with a sufficient, rather than well-thought out response.

To entertain the question, to think that a human being, in the face of something like the abrahamic God, would be able to come up with something to say is kind of ridiculous because it's akin to thinking that paper should be stored in fire-if, hypothetically, a person is in audience with God, it's pretty much the most intense scenario a person can possibly be in.

Where did you come from and why are you such a fucking Asshole?

you are a complete C$%T

Oh hell, I f... Up

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:65104
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.