Agnostic.com

213 30

QUESTION What would you say to God if when you died you were faced with him?

This question was asked to Stephen Fry and I love his answer. So I ask you what would you say?

• Click description above to see Stephen Fry's answer*

To answer my own question I suppose I would be more logical and tell God it was his fault I did not believe in him because if he created me then he knows I would not blindly follow anything that reads like a fairytale or where there was no proof of existence.

DiablitaRoja 4 Apr 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

213 comments (176 - 200)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

WTF is wrong with you? You have got to be the Shittiest Deity every. FUCK YOU ASSHOLE!!!

I’d have nothing to say to it. wouldn’t have the time for such a messed up entity

If there was a heaven and I came along the road to the pearly gates, and St Peter beckoned me to come in, I'd say ...No thanks Peter, I'll be moving right along ..

"Why in hell couldn't you have said something?" But there isn't any sense in asking an atheist that question.

I would tell him that he's a real jerk.

I thought you’re retired!

I think this clip about sums it up.

[scifibeer.com]

You should really see a doctor, those holes in your hands should have healed by now.

I couldnt do better that Stephen Fry and i am not sure that I would want to speak to god - what for?

....You are obviously the first meglomegalomaniac.

Khmm Level 5 Apr 24, 2018

i have a lot of questions id ask, but the one i remember being the first one i ever had about the whole god/bible thing is, how on earth is allowing your child(forgetting that this child is also supposed to be god, but not god for a moment...)to be brutally murdered to help a bunch of people who you feel did bad things(sin) in any stretch of the imagination supposed to be a good thing? as a parent i just don't get that bit. also the whole idea that this god is supposed to be more important to you than anything, even your family. nobody is more important to me than my family. to me, thats like saying my boss is more important to me than my family. i mean yeah he/shes an important person, and if he/shes a good boss, i will respect them and maybe even look up to them. but if the building was on fire and i could only save my family or my boss, sorry but the boss dies horribly in the fire i guess. i remember when i found that out, i wondered if my dad was gonna kill me one day.

Byrd Level 7 Apr 24, 2018

I'd ask em if he(or she) would like to grab a drink and discuss the issues.

For me God is a Godess, the holy Mother of Nature. I would say when I should be infront of her that I'm sorry for the mistakes in my life, and that I love Her so much.

LMAO

Which one?

And why are you using a male pronoun?

Let me guess.

You also see him as "White" and "Gentile"

On edit - Fry's answer was excellent. I have answered very similar to that when some evangelic type keeps pushing the issue because they think they are going to cause me to have a "come to Jesus moment."

That type of answer will generally shut them down. .

C'moooooonnnnnnnn people..............focus. Okay -- say it's an Asian female god. 🙂

You die. What do you say to her?

I am Latina and an Atheist so my God would be Frida Kahlo if I could chose. But honestly when written I was not thinking about the pronoun it was more about the question itself. So the God of your choosing , race and gender of your choosing.

Take me to the bar dude 🙂 I hope there is pole dancers

Were Flying Cockroaches Really Necessary!

Coldo Level 8 Apr 24, 2018

Hi Zeus!!

Etre Level 7 Apr 24, 2018

I would say "so your that bastard that's responsibile for all the crap that is going in this world"?

RonB Level 5 Apr 24, 2018

Fry's answer is pretty good. I'd say: Why do you hate brown people so much?

"I've always done my best to be kind to other people within my limited means; what's your excuse you egotistical, all powerful bastard?"

Kimba Level 7 Apr 24, 2018

Wtf did you do that for?

"Great, I thought I was really dead, but it's just a bad dream."

JimG Level 8 Apr 24, 2018

Exactly my first thought.

Seems apparent to me that a loving mother would never treat her children so mean. A man now will sometimes claim to love someone and still beat the shit out of them.

My god is the universe. You can’t give it a gender, and our knowledge is still so insignificant to have any understanding what it all means and if we even pertain to it.

How are my father, mother, and sister? Tell them I love them.

Can't beat Stephen Fry's response. Some good additions here already, though.

Me? I'd ask him why, when a man rapes his 12 year old daughter, he sometimes pushes that big old 'make a baby' button of his. If he has the power over conception, and every new life is his will and blessing, why does he burden any 12 year old with that? Especially one that's been a victim of their own parent.

Indeed, why does he press that button for people who can't afford to raise their children or won't care for them, and staunchly refuse to press it for well off couples who would dote on their child?

Anyone would think that he just stabbed at that button at random. Or that he and the button didn't exist in the first place.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:65104
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.