Agnostic.com

12 7

Pray for Ukraine’: Religious leaders call for peace and God’s protection
In response to Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, religious leaders prayed for peace and asked God to watch over civilians.

[religionnews.com]pray-for-ukraine-religious-leaders-call-for-peace-and-ask-god-to-protect-civilians/

xenoview 8 Feb 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

A favorite atheist quote of mine is “get off your knees and do something! Praying isn’t going to help.” Pat Tillman said it before he was killed in Afghanistan. I also found this:

Better off with bullets and missiles

bobwjr Level 10 Feb 28, 2022

Yeah.

God hasn't done a good job of that in previous wars, has he?

[vm.tiktok.com]
Oh yeah , well here is my prayers too
I ll work hard to repeat in Italian and Greek too .

I don't get this pray for peace bullshit. According to their moronic beliefs, wasn't the same god, any god they believe in, the one who allowed the Putin invasion to happen? And now they are going to pray for peace to the same dude who let this happen????

You're applying logic. That's gonna make the whole thing look stupid.

@redbai yep, I forgot the religious brainwashed followers have no clue what logic or common sense mean.

I don't think thoughts and prayers are a part of this really, but after 4 days and getting nowhere Putin is putting his nuclear arsenal on standby. None of this looks good.

What a worthless thing to do.

Phew! I was worried about the Ukrainian people before, but now that I know people are praying I can sleep tight.

Wouldn’t it just be wonderful if we could pray away war!!!! We would have been done with that nasty business millennia ago!!!🙃

I remember when the TM movement used to do publicity stunts where they would claim to meditate for peace like it was going to end war, lol...

If there were a god around, this shit wouldn't be happening.

prayer = wishing in one hand and spitting in the other to see which hand gets full first.

Nothing fails like prayer.
People have been "praying for peace" for centuries, and it's never done a fucking thing to end any conflict.

How many are praying for peace....and how many are praying to fucking win !?!?

@twill @KKGator and how many are just praying for a chance to fuck?

But what about that one case where the shell hit the house but the family next door survived? Or if you looked at the maps, no invading troops went into some oddly specific place? Praise be unto him or her that spare-ith the wilted daisy in the field or some other pithy, old-English sounding non-sense.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:653095
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.