Agnostic.com

2 3

LINK Hillsong Founder Brian Houston Resigns After Misconduct Probe | HuffPost Latest News

The founder of Hillsong, the global megachurch that has attracted celebrities and young people, has resigned after an internal investigation determined he behaved inappropriately towards two women.

Brian Houston, the Australian pastor who co-founded the Sydney-based church with his wife Bobbie, had already stepped down as the director of all Hillsong boards in January. Houston said he needed time to defend a criminal charge that he concealed child sexual abuse by his father, who was also a pastor.

However, on Friday, the global board of the church stated that it had also been dealing with complaints from two women about Houston. An internal investigation determined that he had breached the church’s code of conduct.

snytiger6 9 Mar 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Oh dear, I can imagine the tears, the wailing and gnashing of teeth, etc, etc, going in the residence of Australian Prime Minister Scott, ScumMo, Morrison as and when he hears this news regarding his beloved religious leader.
I wouldn't mind laying bets the that ScumMo will be partitioning the Federal Government to declare either a National Day of Morning or for them to TRY to raise a Levy to help ScumMo's Idol pay for the cost etc, of his up-coming Trials, etc. etc.
Please, TRY (NOT) to spare a minute of solemn thought for Prime Minister ScumMo Morriscum, after all he has had over a year of trials. tribulations, troubles, etc, etc, landing squarely at his self anointed feet like deluges of turds dropped by flying elephants and now his religious Idol is heading down the tubes faster than turds in a Gastro-enteritis epidemic.

How Hillsong Church founder Brian Houston's fall from grace played out over five days

[abc.net.au]

Could say that my heart bleeds for him, BUT that would be lying and lying through my teeth as well.
Instead I shall offer up 3 HEARTY Cheers of Joy.
Hip, Hip Hooray,
Hip, Hip, Hooray,
Hip, Hip Hooray.
And add that, imo, it could NOT have happened to a more deserving Arse-wipe.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:657238
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.