Agnostic.com

38 9

Is anybody curious about how members came up with their online names?

Some are hilarious, some sad, some outright deviant and some have in sight. I'll go first. When I joined this site it was advertised as a dating site and the first thing I thought of was old news item of Buzz Aldrin hitting a guy for saying moon landings were fake. The number 13 is the first half of my favorite number sequence, 1369.

PickledRick 8 Apr 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

38 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It was a chilly october day in southern Indiana when two teens decided to bump uglies in order to get preggers and force their parents to sign permission to get married papers.

The resulting progeny was named Sherry

That is an amazing story ! I like it

A friend of mine calls me Sticks and 48 is my birth year.

The cop on, "Live PD" is named Sticks

I can be cute, but also a complete dork at times. Lol

That's good a reason...lol

My dog's name is Sassy and 3869 an old phone number. Besides I have a sassy personality.

You have a sassy personality, I never would have thought....LOL

Mine's my first name.

Mea Level 7 Apr 25, 2018

That made me chuckle 😉

Nice first name.

@Amisja, glad you got the joke!

@germangirl90439, lol unfortunately not.

I picked my user name because I'm Helen and I'm Greek. I can also be hard to handle at times.

Lovely

Amisja is the first two letters of my children's names. I spoke to someone about this after my marriage broke down, they advised changing it as I had lived entirely as them and through them for so long. So hi all...I'm Jayne xx

That's funny

I just use my name. It is rarely taken.

I used a phrase used by Nietzsche in describing how one chooses the whole of life, both good and bad when they actively choose to choose life in it's entirety.

Deep...

In real life I am a satanic clown. You do NOT want to see my balloon animals.

Ah.... okay...I guess...sure why not, somebody has to entertain Damien till he's an adult.

I think mine is self explanatory.

Well except the 208 might be a puzzle. Area code I think? ?

White man that is funky in his playing of music...

Cool....

Mine is based on the future of our stellar system and the universe. Nothingness will prevail.

Dark...

@buzz13 eh, just real

Stage name. I've played in several bands and used a name for each.
This is the last one I used so I stuck with it.
?I don't slap anyone.
It was this or Biff Sidewinder.

Biff Sidewinder ain't that bad..lol

Slappy Longarms - Biff Sidewinder - cookie crisp - Perry anal - Myles high - kirkus maximus - K max ...I've used a few.
?

You are cracking me up, Mr. Slappy!!!!???

As usual when I sign up for something, I'd given it no thought in advance so I just put something vaguely anti-religious. After a while it started to feel like a slogan that was defining and limiting me, so I used my free change to substitute my real name. It feels more honest.

If I knew this site wasn't strictly a dating site I would have put more thought into mine

@buzz13 In Edit Profile>Basics you get one do-over. Choose wisely.

Self explained

Who typed that...lol

It's a childhood nickname originally used as a deliberate mispronunciation of my surname to make fun of the new Polak kid in an Italian parish school. I embraced it. ?

Tell me about it, I'm Polish also, had a lot of Latino friends growing up, they came up with some doozies.

Phin is a shortened version of my Surname ( Phinizy )

Phin Level 6 Apr 25, 2018

I'm not even gonna try to guess the origin...lol

@buzz13 it’s a long story that has stable boys French contessas, the American revolution and a bet between French generals

@Phin Long story indeed..

I just thought of it. I was bored, so I used something dumb. I like the number 29 though.

Everybody has a favorite number it seems, I do

@buzz13 Cool.

My initials and zipcode

Easy-Peasey

It came from a character I had on a roleplaying site many years ago. It means "broken one" in Serbian.

Hello beautiful 🥰, I've been trying to text you directly for a while but all to no avail! you're just too beautiful for me to resist so I had to find any way we could chat so I texted you here,hope you could text me directly....hope you see my comment and hope you don't mind if we chat and get to know each other better!have a nice night 🥰😊

"Burnpit Screamer" is a literary reference. I've been dying to say that for years.

Hello beautiful 🥰, I've been trying to text you directly for a while but all to no avail! you're just too beautiful for me to resist so I had to find any way we could chat so I texted you here,hope you could text me directly....hope you see my comment and hope you don't mind if we chat and get to know each other better!have a nice night 🥰😊

I use my name on all social media sites.

I’m an NC native, born and bred GRITS(Girls Raised In The South); famous beach music song : (Wish they all could be) Carolina Girls. 60 is my birth year.

Carolina Girls, I like it

I smile therefore I am 🙂 An old email address, I was going to delete/ update it, but my friends didn't like the idea; thus it stuck.

It fits ,cute smile

@buzz13 thanks, nice T shirt 😉

I been on the move for a few years but honestly.... that's not it... I had lived in many places as the Military allowed me, including living in 3 European countries but that's not it either... I write songs and at times I recorded them... everything for my own comsumption, so I created the uni-member group "Gitanos de la Nueva Espana", "Gipsys of the New Spain". All music (spanish or english) I put out in a video is under that group. The New Spain was all the Spanish Empire Holdings in the Americas. So maybe I am a descendant of a Former Viceroy of the New Spain. And that will explain a lot of my behavior in this life.

That's a good reason for a name...

@buzz13 That's what I thought too and giving validation to your question with an honest answer was my pleasure.

@GipsyOfNewSpain Well , thank you

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:66018
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.