Agnostic.com

8 15

LINK Florida man guilty of killing wife, 3 kids and dog because he thought 'apocalypse was coming'

Jurors rejected Anthony Todt's claims that his wife committed murder-suicide inside their home in Celebration, near Walt Disney World Resort.

A Florida man will spend life behind bars after jurors on Thursday convicted him of killing his wife, their three children and family dog — and then living for weeks with the decomposing remains — due to what prosecutors said were apocalyptic beliefs.

The panel in Kissimmee found Anthony John Todt, 46, guilty on four counts of first-degree murder — for the slayings of his 42-year-old wife Megan, and their kids Zoe, 4, Tyler, 11, and Aleksander, 13 — and one count of animal cruelty, for the killing of the family dog, Breezy.

snytiger6 9 Apr 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The guy obviously has mental problems. I wonder if this might have been avoided if our healthcare system worked better and for more people. What a waste.

There is not enough money in properly looking after the mentally ill. Besides, it suits the agendas of the right-wing assholes in power to imprison such people.

@anglophone Warehousing people in prisons is big business 😡

Oh cut the crap and STOP blaming everything someone does that is a CRIMINAL Act on Mental Illness PLEASE.
What the F**k qualifications and EXPERIENCES do have that make you assume such a diagnosis may one ask?
IT IS, in my opinion, Arse-wipes who set about laying the blame for Criminal Acts such as Murder, etc, solely upon it being " a Mental Problem" that has created and maintained the horrible STIGMAS attached to ACTUAL Mental Illnesses and to those who MUST endure them.

@Flyingsaucesir Okay OH Genius of ALL Geniuses, what is your GREAT and Magnificent Solution then, BUT remember the only adage, " There but for a chance of Fortune Go I."

@Triphid Murdering one's wife, 3 kids, and dog because you think the Apocalypse is coming is crazy on its face. However, it is not for you or me, but for a criminal court to decide on a remedy. Even if the defendant's attorney tries to build an insanity defence, there is no guarantee that it will fly. If a jury finds that the guy knew what he was doing was wrong, he will be held criminally responsible. That would not necessarily mean that he wasn't mentally ill. Personally, I think that a crazy act like murdering your family is bound to be rooted in mental illness. That's my opinion based on the slim set of facts presented in the link article. Try not to let it bother you bra. You'll give yourself a stroke. 🤣

@Flyingsaucesir Perhaps, IF at ALL possible that is, YOU MAY wish to actually ACQUAINT yourself with REAL DIFFERENCES between TRUE and DIAGNOSED/Diagnosable Mental Illnesses and those PISS POOR Excuses that sick bastards LIKE toss out as EXCUSES when they caught breaking the Law.
I, for one, have been living with and battling a REAL and MEDICALLY Diagnosed Mental Illness since I was a teenager and since approx. 2001 have been taking medications to treat it and ACTUALLY help me to ENJOY my life and the world around me, NOT having me think that I mu7st KILL others because "The Apocalypse is Coming" as per what I have read and been told in some arcane tome of Fantasies and Fictions from the Bronze Age.
Oh and btw, PLEASE feel most welcome to SHOVE your CONDESCENDING comment/s and ATTITUDE firmly and SECURELY where the sun never shines.

@Triphid Oh dear! It appears I touched a nerve. I sincerely wish you all the luck with your condition. Be well man.

@Flyingsaucesir No you, imo, self-righteous arrogant dim-witted Idiot you have NOT touched a nerve since you have NOT, imo, the extent of intellect necessary to manage such a thing.
PLEASE TRY your hardest to CEASE ELEVATING yourself above the level that you so well exhibit as to being PRECISELY where you belong.
And TRY NOT to foul the pavement IF you can, people detest stepping in Canine excrement and needing to wipe off of their clean shoes.
Now PLEASE do have a very nice day and stay away from sea birds, etc, etc, they do NOT need HUMAN sperm to help them to reproduce.

@Triphid 🤣🤣🤣 Dude! You are funny! 😂😂😂

@Flyingsaucesir Now WHY did actually EXPECT such a reply/response from you.
Oh yes, it was simply because I knew and realised that any thing more intellectual, etc, etc, would be completely beyond your capabilities and mental capacities as well. that was why.
Now, PLEASE remember the next time you take a pee, any more that 3 short sharp shakes is classified as a wank and since you, imo, exhibit such tendencies quite adequately btw, i.e. being, imo, a Complete and Total Wanker already, you need not stress yourself and PROVE me correct.

@Triphid 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

@Flyingsaucesir Please accept my most ardent and earnest wishes that you have a very nice day and a truly great and exciting year.
Btw, I borrowed that from an old book of Chinese sayings.

Apocalyptic beliefs. What does this mean? The end is coming so he assisted their murder. How could a person think that murdering you would be sparing you of anything? Then there is that dog. Dogs do not fit into biblical apocalyptic beliefs. Life in prison is good for this guy but I think they should have fried him. That is the end that his behavior was crying out for.

I am categorically against the death penalty, but otherwise I totally agree with you. Call me cruel, but I think letting him rot away in prison while all the while he never gets to meet Jesus or be raptured away like he had hoped, would be the most fitting punishment.

Executing him would allow him to go to his grave believing he was right about the apocalypse. Nope, put him in a cell alone and let him only view upbeat news shows from around the world proving him wrong and make him live with the knowledge he stole a bright future from his family dur to his own idiotic ignorance. That will kill him inside slowly but surely. Yes I am mean.

@misstuffy YES< I heartily agree, WHY give that piece of Scum the pleasure of dying and thinking himself right, he deserves NO mercy, No Kindness, just the rest of his useless existence in a Prison with NO chance of Early Release or Parole EVER.

@Triphid And with the constant reminder of the joys he deprived his family of. With a big sign over the tv stating this.

@misstuffy Good idea BUT NO tv or any other entertainment what-so-ever for him just his cell with EVERY surface of it covered with murals of his children, etc, as they looked AFTER he murdered them and piped sounds of children laughing and enjoying themselves just to truly get under his skin and drive him crazy 24/7.
Filth like that deserve NOTHING less and DEFINITELY NOT Execution because to their sick, warped minds execution is a Blessing and a Release NOT a sentence of Death.

So I suppose he just goes to court and say "Oops, my mistake.." as a defense? Why do I feel the most sympathy for the poor, innocent dog? Another case to be filed under "People With Issues".......

Religion TRAINS human beings to believe things for which there is no evidence. In fact it tells people that belief without evidence (which it calls 'faith' ) is actually a virtue to be admired and applauded.

If you spend years training people to believe in things for which there is no evidence, then don't be suprised when they believe in things (like the apocalypse) for which there is no evidence.

You actively train this shit INTO people and guess what? That's the shit you get OUT of them. It's not difficult to understand.

And sometimes it costs lives - in this case a woman, three children, and a dog.

(And yes, the poor dog matters - I love dogs. Most are better than humans.)

Many do this and it always is about extreme religious belief. A well know case was Joseph Goebbels and the murder of his own children. "So enthralled were Joseph and Magda Goebbels with Hitler that they gave all 6 of their children names starting with H to honor their beloved leader."
[dirkdeklein.net]

Why can't these fucking jerks just kill themselves and leave others out of it?
FFS!
🙄😡

It did (for wife, kids, and dog).

Should have fried him

bobwjr Level 10 Apr 17, 2022

NO, way too quick and easy, better to let him stay in the Prison and NEVER EVER get out again.
Besides gotta give Big Bubba the Cellblock Chief Crim a toy-boy to have, hold, cherish and pleasure himself with.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:661373
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.