Agnostic.com

7 5

US judge throws out Biden mask mandate for planes and trains

[bbc.com]

xenoview 8 Apr 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Well....that takes care of flying up north to see family.

A Florida judge , not surprised

bobwjr Level 10 Apr 19, 2022

I suppose we can do a mask mandate but why do it? I see money and the making of money behind this. Powers that be want your money so they want you alive. People still get Covid and some have to pay for the shots. You need a new thingamabobby. It even wipes your butt. Also, anything to protect corporations. My corporation was strict with masks until the state declared it would not follow the recommendations. Now we are mask free again. I'm a Covid survivor and I see masks even outdoors. What many do not see is that corporations are protecting themselves so you do not go to court with a claim that you became sick inside their store.

I’m glad we still have good conservative judges. Biden doesn’t have the authority to impose mask mandates on his own.

A lot of conversation about this here in Hawaii -- where everyone arrives on planes and some on cruise ships. Our local population are most at risk from people who choose to fly mask-less, while the more caring travelers might choose to cancel their flights as they don't want to put themselves at risk. Yes, we can wear masks ourselves, but that's only 50% as safe as if everyone around us are also wearing masks on the plane.

Yes, I agree it should be a choice -- at some point - but I don't think we are at that point yet - and I surely hope that continuing to wear masks on planes will be HIGHLY RECOMMENDED for the next several weeks or months.

The increased chance of virus spread to our lower income hospitality workers and any of us who are in close proximity to recent travelers and who may live in multi-generational homes are the ones who will pay for this decision. It's very sad -- as the people most vocal about removing health safety standards are the very ones who don't care about the poor, elderly and immuno-compromised.

I will continue to wear my mask on planes -- and if my seatmate wants to chide me for wearing it, I will reply "How do you know I'm not sick and I'm simply protecting you?"

I saw this on Rachel Maddow. She's a Trump judge. She has never tried a case in court. Pushed through the Senate after the 2020 election.

That tiny RV (18+mpg on regular!)may be the best investment I ever made!

I bought a Ford Transit Connect Cargo Van to live in. Didn't have to do that but Moon Dance and I are going up the coast to WA for a few weeks. I sleep great at truck stops or shopping centers for free. I stop at rest stops to freshen up. It works for me.

@rainmanjr I pride myself on Never paying for overnights! Adds to the fun.
Tip: I find zipping into a Used Car lot after they close is a pretty good deal, especially if they already have a few funky vehicles around.

@AnneWimsey Great idea. Thanks.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:661640
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.