Agnostic.com

4 15

The madness promoted by the NRA to promote the sales of it’s clients products.

#NRA
Garban 8 May 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Odd thing is, we seldom if ever hear about NRA members committing random acts of violence like mass shootings, as such incidents usually involve either mentally disturbed individuals using stolen weapons or those who already have criminal records and used black market acquisitions. Yet, for peculiar reasons otherwise law-abiding gun owners are the ones who consistently get demonized, while there's a recent movement on the progressive left to go easier on violent criminals and let them out of jail sooner.

Just heard that there was a "mass stabbing" in Las Vegas in which two were killed and six injured, and somehow I get the feeling that those "assault rifles and their high capacity magazines" are going to get blamed for that stabbing spree...

Regarding the meme about the guy claiming the Government is out to get him... to be fair any one particular individual who claims the Government is out to get them is absurd, and such people probably would benefit from some therapy sessions. On the other hand, taking such a scenario on a larger scale, such a person would not exactly be wrong then, as over the years those elected to positions of power and authority have worked to diminish our rights. In recent times look how free speech advocates have been criticized and suppressed by progressives who had dreamed up yet more laws to make certain types of speech illegal, with some harsh punishments for those who decide on going against such laws. Likewise, look how the social conservatives have seriously undermined reproductive rights for women, seeking to make all abortion procedures illegal at the Federal level. When all of that is taken into deeper consideration, how could such not be considered attacks of the sort on the individual (those working in Government positions doing that, that is)? So someone like that would not be totally wrong, and speaking of reproductive rights... I think it no mere coincidence that a certain demographic like the pro choice crowd who by and large are composed of alot of the same individuals who advocate for strict gun control measures, are also the same ones who are steadily losing their rights, while for the most part the gun owners still have their rights largely intact. That's no mere coincidence my friend, as the authoritarians seeking to abolish bodily autonomy know that a mostly unarmed activist front poses no serious threat to them and their power or the system itself. All of those guys like Graham and Abbott who are anti-abortion may act big but in reality they're frickin cowards, who would piss in their damn pants if more of the women they are harming were to arm themselves and take to the streets as an armed collective. Think about it, you know I'm not wrong about that, guys like that are opportunist cowards.

As for the character in the red shirt saying he's going back for another fifty round "clip", all I had to do was read the word clip there to realize that meme was the work of a clueless gun control progressive who obviously doesn't know the difference between a clip and a magazine, and who also most likely is a moron with a room temperature IQ. A clip is used to store individual rounds of ammunition together and can be used to feed a magazine, while a magazine actually feeds ammunition into the gun, so there's a big difference between the two. As it's implied in the meme, the guy was looking to get another magazine, but he erroneously referred to it as a clip. Now, I can understand some progressive gun control zealot confusing those two there as those folks are just plain confused themselves most of the times, but what's your excuse Mister Military man? How on Earth did that one get by you? I probably knew the difference between those two things by age eleven. I would really like to know how that one got by you, seriously. If you didn't want to respond here for fear of how the "in crowd" on this site would possibly judge you based on how you answer, fair enough, then you could respond in private.

As for the meme at the bottom to the right... who exactly was responsible for the supposed research behind those conclusions I wonder? No names, and looks like mere assumptions there. I'm not a hunter, yet I could assure you that there's no shortage of hunters here in Pennsylvania including in the city. Also, that would depend on the demographics, some places see fewer active hunters while other places see the opposite. In other words, alot of hit and miss there (no pun intended) where those statistics are concerned, and certainly could not be trusted as actual fact. No shortage of hunting lifestyle magazines out there either along with websites dedicated to hunters, so I'd conclude that hunting isn't extinct yet. As for young people owning guns, not sure if one would consider thirty-eight to be young anymore, but I'm not that old yet either and have been around guns since a young kid, and bought my first gun at age twenty-two. On the other hand, the claim that alot of younger people these days are not gun owners is somewhat believable when you take into consideration how many of them these days are entitled morons who can't differentiate between the sexes and who think Neil Armstrong was a famous musician. That much considered, that particular claim might have a degree of truth to it. As for the women avoiding guns part, that's false, and since Covid female gun ownership has been steadily on the rise. Not just conservative women either, but rather an increasing number of liberal-left women including alot of black women. How does this here story float your boat Mister Garban? [msn.com]

Mildred Willis was right by the way, it is about empowering women, and I stand firmly behind such women who are exercising an important right. As for the Democrats part in that meme, also apparently not true, as there appears to be a sizable contingent of "closeted" Democrat gun owners. Here's another good read for you- [cnn.com]

In conclusion, those memes were inaccurate at best, and gross exaggerations at worst, none of which should be taken at face value. Still would like to know how that one meme in particular got by you, when it was so obviously inaccurate. The part that really gets me is that how you people point to the needless fearmongering from conservatives over the immigration debate (you wouldn't be wrong about that by the way), and yet you turn around and do a version of the very thing you claim to think is absurd and are against, and that makes no bit of rational sense to an independent observer. This fearmongering business from the gun control authoritarians gets to be too much after awhile, it's like a cult where the leaders make certain demands of their followers and expect them to fully fulfill the agenda of the gun control movement under threat of ostracization. Eerily similar to what organized religions do to their followers, instill fear and confusion in order to secure their loyalty and trust, and also keep their followers in control. To be fair, groups like the NRA do similar tactics, which is one of the reasons why I personally do NOT care for them, as they too have a tendency to take things to the extreme in an effort to appeal to their member base. Only difference between groups like Moms Demand Action and the NRA is, the latter is fighting for a right while the former is going the authoritarian route. What kind of a name is Moms Demand Action anyway? Kind of sounds like some sort of sex-starved group of fanatics... what a peculiar name for a gun control activist group. A post like this does nothing to foster an understanding of the other side's point of view, and if anything only accomplished dehumanizing virtually all gun owners (including you and me).

Your profile bio indicated you are up to being challenged in your views and are open-minded to what both sides have to say, and yes this comment was meant to be a direct challenge. Let's see if you are truly willing to be challenged, whether on this thread or elsewhere on here. To your credit, in past exchanges with you on here you had shown a willingness to hear out both sides and take actual evidence into consideration, which is more than what I could say for alot of those on this site who are down and in with the gun control crowd.

Sick, sick, mentally sick. This is what happens when we reduce our emphasis on dealing with mental health issues. What happened to the CDC, NIH and a few other high profile research groups being able to study the mental illness issue known as guns?

A mental health issue that the NRA, gun/ammo makers and the GOP have capitalized on and paid elected officials to do nothing about or curb.

@silverotter11 I still remember how long it took to get the country to see and act about the dangers of smoking. This issue is a lot clearer and no studies on connections between a drug and its effects are necessary. Read today that even some parents of kids killed are buy guns to better protect themselves. Some refuse to learn.

@JackPedigo The irrational fear that far right "news" media promote is stoking the fear. The very last attempt at an intelligent conversation with my twin on the issues was about guns, the need for them and that she fears for me because I don't not see the danger and what is happening. ALL her fears/talking points came right from fox, oann, etc. There is literally NO getting thru to them/her.

@silverotter11 Just read a report in the Seattle Times (which I can't get digitally) titled "Ukraine war not just geographical, it's Putin's information war." In it is stated the Russian information war is still alive and well and it often fosters things that seek to disunite this country. "Right wing movements in the United States include well-documented Russian financial involvement in groups as the National Rifle Association and the anti-vaccine movement."`

@JackPedigo and people like my sister fall for this shit because they can't quit the right wing media feeds. Goes for all the republicans in this country. It's beyond sad and scary.

@silverotter11 So basically pawn of Putin (in Ukraine he is called Putler).

The whole thing is so nutso - reshape everything so a few can buy assault weapons - all in the guise of freedom. WFT?!? Toss out all the folks - that would be the majority - who want to be free and safe to shop, go to church, school, work, concerts and just walk the damn streets. Insane

Yes, clearly a mental health issue.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:668611
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.