Agnostic.com

5 6

NO POP POP, no here a pop pop, or there a pop pop. July 4th has surprised me this year. I work and live in a 20 mile radius where normally you get a month of constant fireworks all hours of the day. The fireworks stands are here as usual but there are not so many customers. I think I have it figured out.

1. High gasoline prices
  2. Higher food prices
  3. Higher utilities and rent

The way I see this people cannot drive their vehicles, eat, buy their dope, and still have money left over for buying fireworks. Just not enough money to go around.

Sunday night I go to another town to be with my family watching fireworks at a display they do every year. I don't give a damn about the fireworks. This is all about being with my family.

DenoPenno 9 July 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

A little bit of pop pop in my town on Sunday but there were big public displays where everyone was invited just 6 miles away. I chose to go and be with my family but there were people everywhere and I could not even find my group. I finally gave up. Should have brought a phone.

We had our Canada Day fireworks on Friday. Lots of pop pops. 🙂

Betty Level 8 July 4, 2022

Pop pop finally came Saturday night about 9 PM and lasted a modest half hour. I guess a couple of fools bought some fireworks.

Enjoy your day. I’ll be driving 3 hours to San Diego, to support my civil rights. I can’t believe I still have to protest this shit.

I can certainly agree with you. Nothing about July 4th is about celebrating independence. I'm not into firecracker day and will only be seeing family tomorrow at an evening display for the purpose of seeing family. To me this so called holiday is all about making money selling fireworks. All of us should be more concerned with our civil rights because powers that be are wanting to take them from us.

@DenoPenno EVERY holiday has become all about consumerism. I am all in favor of family gatherings under ANY circumstance, however, so enjoy your family time.

Is there a ban? Lot of states are experiencing droughts so it might be dangerous to shoot off fireworks. Although that hasn't really stopped people in my neck of the woods before.

No ban in my area. Fireworks sellers around here put up tents and sell like crazy. Usually this goes on from June and on. The tents are here. Just not many sales. I just talked to my daughter in a town called Union and she says she has heard a few fireworks but not very many.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:674811
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.