Agnostic.com

25 8

Bill Maher

How does the group feel about Bill Maher? I think he's a voice of reason in this age of outrage,

soa 4 Apr 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

25 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I like him. He colors outside the lines sometimes, and tends to step on his guest's lines, but his head's in the right place and he is very funny at times.

I like that he's perfectly willing to go after all sides.
He'll call the liberals and democrats on their shit just as readily as he does the conservatives and republicans.
I also think he's funny AF.

He's funny. He's insightful. Some of his stuff gets on my nerves. Mostly, I agree with him.

While he says things that I agree with, he can be really obnoxious at times though.

I think he kind of loss his compass on our current state of events. As public figure, comediant and mostly political analyser I do believe he should be leaning towards being impartial. He used to be funny when he was trashing religion... Not so much anymore

I like a lot of what he says, but I still think he is a bit soft. He still desperately clings to the status quo political system in defending, supporting, and advocating for some status quo Democrats. He thinks for himself, but at the same time eats political and/or social narratives for the most part and dismisses things that can be more "out of the box" because it doesn't fit those political and/or social narratives.

I love him. He takes on republicans and democrats equally. I watch him every week.

nothing equal he does not take on corporate issues both dem and repub. he bashed Bernie and that was the end for me. this Milos dude. the right wing racist aberration. He said well" Liberals are so sensitive. they take this guy seriously".I didn't know who he was until Maher had him on his show and he treated him with kid gloves.he basically shoved him from of a camera and gave him air time

His talents at calling a spade a spade, weed a medicine and trump a clown all have their supporters and non...BUT I have yet to hear him misspeak on his beliefs..

that's the problem he speaks on his corporate beliefs. he has these people on his show giving them a platform. awful racist right wingers saying oh he is equal . baloney he is corporate is what

I adore him, but don't agree with absolutely everything he says.

He's a comedian and he's funny. That should be enough; the fact that I mostly agree with him is a bonus.

I used to like him, but his hate for Trump has turned him into a fool.

gater Level 7 Apr 27, 2018

He is so right about Trump all the time, and I agree with him about he mess Trump has made.

@Wisewoman3 Wrong - Trump is fixing the messes past administrations have left.

@gater I thought Bill Maher was hilarious, but then I saw you.

@gater What messes are you talking about. Restoring the economy? Saving the auto industry? Trying to make heallthcare a right instead of a privellege?

@JanGarber North Korea, Iran, the Economy, deregulations, etc

his hate for Trump is the only thing I agree with now

@gater And without exception every mentioned problem was put in place by George Bush..EVERY SINGLE ONE>

I have always appreciated his view on things

Yes, he is mostly a voice of reason, but he will shave th truth a bit to get the laugh. Just always keep in mind that he is first and foremost an "entertainer"

He had Milos what's his name on his show; that sucked . But when he and Fran Libowitz bash Bernie Sanders. that was it for me. Now i find him so annoying

I don't miss a show.

He's funny and I agree with him about many things, but his show started to feel less like a discussion and more like an argument in the past few years. Then again, I probably haven't watched in a year or so. I stopped watching because it started to feel like a Fox News show with everyone yelling over each other. I have really enjoyed his stand up comedy specials though, when the content is centered around his single voice/opinion delivered in a hilarious manner.

Overrated.

He's alright by me for the most part, can get a little over the top at times though.

He is very funny and intelligent.

The J-man

godef Level 7 Apr 27, 2018

Bill sums things up pretty well most of the time. He's funny and he is a good activist too.

I think of him foremost as a comedian, but like George Carlin, a lot of what he says is true and should make us consider the state of the world.

For me he was the one who exposed Trump for a high functioning lunatic with his counter demand that the idiot who demanded Obama show his birth certificate, should prove he was not fathered by an orangutang. The attempt to sue Maher was a sign of things to come.

I thought he was great back when he had his show Politically Incorrect, but after that he's been less and less impressive, so I lost interest. PI was so cool in the variety of views allowed and having guests who were so far away from the echo chamber of corporate news and commentary.

Bill Maher has not said one word against the Trump administration or ICE who has been stalking and wresting kids as small as infants from their parents sending them god know where or what reason.
worse yet the daily show Trevor Noah.turned the children into a "well the kids are hiding from the authorities" perhaps a few but now this is obviously not the issue here. Trevor Noah who could hold his mother's hand in the street as he was considered illegal and could be wrested form His mother. Talk about a sell out

He reminds me of my cousin Craig 🙂 he makes me laugh even though I don't know that much about American politics. He's good at pointing out genuinely funny things.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:67649
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.