Agnostic.com

4 5

LINK Voting is the most powerful weapon we have in the fight against MAGA Republicans - TheGrio

The ballot is the most powerful weapon Black Americans can wield in our long struggle against the systemic racism that has targeted us and our ancestors for discrimination from the days of slavery through today.

But a ballot is useless if it isn’t cast—like a car with an empty gas tank or a dead battery, it won’t get you anywhere. And unfortunately, too many of us aren’t casting ballots, giving up our precious right to have a say in who will make our laws and run our governments at the local, state and federal level. ...

snytiger6 9 Sep 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Voting means little if all the candidates with any chance of winning are all ones that are corporate friendly, neoliberals who are funded by corporations, the rich, and industry lobby groups. And some of the worst pols to vote for are ones like Jim Clyburn, the Uncle Tom corporate Dem who led the kneecapping of Bernie in the primaries by turning black voters against him and rigging the nomination for Biden last time. These black pols are selling out the economic interests of most members of their race, but they do it shamelessly for their own wealth and power and most fellow blacks fall for it and vote for them solely out of race loyalty...

I think voting for the lest worst candidate is still better than NOT voting at all.

@snytiger6 Not really, as far as I'm concerned. All it does for any practical purposes, is provide legitimacy to the charade of our democracy. I wish more people would vote for third party candidates, because if they did, third parties would gain more legitimacy and the corporate media would no longer be able to ignore them. To me, voting for a third party is not a wasted vote, and is better than not voting at all. But of course, the corporate media and the major parties say the opposite, choosing to vote shame and wage culture wars, instead of offering policies that would really improve the lives of average people...

If the vast majority of eligible voters stayed home, the corporate media would either ignore the obvious mass protest of our joke of a democracy, or would instead blame it all on voter apathy, even tho any intelligent, thinking person would see it as the voter protest it would be. A wasted vote is continually voting for what you don't want and continuing to get it.

This may be the last election we still have the last vestiges of democracy. The system is already so corrupt it's looking more like a plutocracy every day. If MAGA Republicans regain control of Congress, and gut federal election laws the way they are on the state level, they may never relinquish power again. Voter suppression could go national, as clearly these people do not believe in democracy. They believe God is on their side, so they must be right about everything. It will become next to impossible to elect a Democrat, except in the most liberal of states, and even there it may bcome problematic.
Better vote this time because it may be the last time your vote matters.

Women didn't vote in 2016, helping Trump get elected. If they don't turn out to protect democracy, say good-bye to voting forever, to birth control, and to freedom. Let's see if they can begin to undo the consequences of their apathy.

I think there will be a huge voter turnout of women this year, mostly voting for Dems because of the abortion decision, but the ? is will it be enough to overcome the voter suppression laws passed recently by the Repubs across the country? My guess is that the Repubs, being the crafty, evil fucks that they are, have already factored this in before giving the SC the ok to overturn Roe, so I bet the voter suppression will outweigh the female backlash vote that is coming this year. I hope, as always, that I am wrong about this.

Logic and Reason sure isn't working

Leetx Level 7 Sep 7, 2022

It may be working a little bit. I am hoping it will work enough.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:685462
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.