Agnostic.com

3 8

LINK Louisiana students were tricked into going to church instead of a college fair

Thousands of high school seniors in Baton Rouge, Louisiana believed they were taking a field trip to a “College & Career Fair,” but they were actually transported to a massive church service called “Day of Hope.”

All the warning signs were there but because the students and their families trusted school administrators, or at least figured they could get free food and a day out of class, they ended up wasting their time listening to Christian propaganda instead of learning more about their futures.

It wasn’t just unethical. It was illegal. ...

snytiger6 9 Sep 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

When I was a teen, especially my senior year, and being seen by my peers, I would have raised bloody hell. By then I was wanting to join the SDS; I even had a signed letter from Tom Hayden on why I needed to wait till college to join.

Something similar happened near where I used to live. Not nearly that evil, but still. A group invited students at a HS to an after-school assembly to discuss teen issues, AND, most importantly, get unlimited free pizza. It was an evangelical meeting to come to Jesus and the kids rebelled because most only got a single piece of lukewarm pizza.

A woman in my college town put an end to that crap 74 years ago:

[en.wikipedia.org]

BD66 Level 8 Sep 23, 2022
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:687982
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.