Agnostic.com

22 5

Preferred age range

Does anyone else think this site could be better if people were matched by compatible age range preferences?

There's no point introducing two different people to each other if both are out of each other's preferred age range. It's just a thought.

Ellatynemouth 8 Apr 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

22 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I think the dating part of this site is secondary to everything else.

Kinda seems that way, huh?

The matching is done by age ranges. I just created a singles group with no age restrictions where you can talk to other singles. It's a thought.

Yeah, name drop please..

singles group

Some of my relationships have been with younger guys.

I concentrate more on minds meeting, than ages ...

Bah Humbug! A 32 year old just tried to pick me up the other night at karaoke...in front of a date! Apparently he liked the way I used him as a prop when i camped up Joe Cocker's "You Can Keep Your Hat On". However, I fled with the date........

Yours or his?

Age means nothing to me and my comments here on this site pretty well prove that. Do I want a site where you cannot contact someone who is 23 coz you are 80? Fuck no? This site doesn't introduce us anyway, but I would not stay on any site with that kind of restriction.

For me it's tricky. I'd hate to miss out on a truly wonderful connection because they may be one or two years outside of my "preferred" margin. Of course this extends to building friendships too. In some ways age is more than a number and in other ways it's just that.

Interesting points. I tend to date younger men (before I got sick). And I still like younger men more appealing. (35 or so)

Young,dumb and full of..um, conversation?

@Charlene ROFLMAO!!!!

@Charlene LOL... don't judge. they have less miles on them.

@SKDeitch It's not about the money. I test out at about 28 (I'm 48 but have taught school for 20 years so I pick up things from the kids.) I want someone I have stuff in common with. Older guys are not it and neither are younger ones...that I have found.

@MissaDixon lol..I don't mind miles..or young and conversation..

if i had to date,like my age range,I like older women

Well, hellooooo sailor!

@Shelton oh, sweetie, this was a tame day! I got lots of time to make up!

Over my lifetime I've enjoyed relations with gentlemen whose birth dates span three quarters of a century, and no this was not in a professional capacity. I think they do have preferred age range that you can set but really health would be a better metric. My main concern that is at all age related is not wanting to have to explain how come there is a dead body in my bed.

Kimba Level 7 May 3, 2018

I must agree, my dear. What to do with that in the morning

I see this as more than a dating site, so, no, I do not see the need for an age range. But, for those who want it, it shouldn't be too hard to implement. It doesn't hurt to ask for it.

Doesn't matter to me as I do not use this site for fishing for a potential mate. I live in the middle of nowhere in a dark (lack of enlightenment) sea of theists.

You can set your preferred age range.

Age can be a factor in certain activities. A friend, a very good friend took me to some sort of adventure park. To obtain a seniors discount she piled another year on my chronological account. Once inside several activities, e.g. camel riding, being driven in an open army truck through sand dunes, had upper ages limits. Swiftly she trimmed about 5 years of my age balance.
So age matters. When I asked about the age of camels and the army truck, which seemed to have survived the cultural revolution, no answer was forthcoming.

Not only "preferred age range" but, also, preferred distance range.

Whenever a person from Texas, NJ, PA or another far away state contacts me I answer with "I don't care driving that far."

I'm interested in interesting people. I don't want to miss posts and questions from anyone as that is how I grow as a person and also I may just have some sage advice for a younger person. Age differences can be worked out later if there is some type of attraction. And if not, or the person lives half way around the world at least you have had interesting conversation, unlike most of the Facebook gobbledy gook

I totally agree

I am not as concerned with age. I am more interested in intelligent conversation and good humans.

I prefer nubile young redheads aged 18-23.

I suppose it really depends on what you are using the site for. I am simply looking to discuss interesting topics & as I am happily married, I am not looking here for a partner. I do wish I'd known about this place back when I was looking, it might have been useful. As for age ranges in dating? When I was younger say from when I left home @ 15 to age 25, I dated mostly men who were a bit older. Between 25 & 35, I tended to prefer people my own age. But as i got older, I started finding that I preferred younger men. My husband is 5 years younger than me. In the majority of respects, age really is just a number. The main except of course, has to do with children. Older women have to be very clear as to whether or not they want or are open to children, when dating younger men.

Except for a couple periods of time, I dated about the same age from when I was 19 until almost 50. It's just a number.

We all are thoughts and nothing else in here.... Unless the person talking too happens to be within a mile then it should be up to them how far they are willing to move along getting to know each other and determine themselves if age or any other issues may get in the way. Keep it simple.

That’s a good idea, but it’d have to allow a little leeway either side of each person’s range. Someone might be well outside yours, but you are well within theirs, and, well, you never know.
The percentage match used on this site is a bit weird - it doesn’t usually give anyone any idea of where two people may differ significantly. You have to dig into profiles, posts, and comments to come up with anything. Even then, most of the time you draw a blank.

It's interesting, I met my husband on Plenty of Fish. It used to be pretty flexible, but they've changed the rules there, Apparently you can't have an age range of over 20 years + or -

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:70336
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.