Agnostic.com

126 10

Is it OK to be racist against white people?

Using the Merriam-Webster definition of racism,

racism
1 : a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race

You CAN be racist against white people but is it OK?
Is it OK to tell an entire race they need to atone for the actions of their ancestors?
Is it OK to tell an entire race they are racist simply because of their race?
Is it OK to blame an entire race on the actions of 2 people?
Is it OK to purposely tell your kids to not trust an entire race?

Sadly I doubt I'll get many honest answers because it's not PC to you think racism is OK as long as those your racist against are white. But hope springs eternal.

• 13 votes
  • 186 votes
MamaMOB 5 Apr 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

126 comments (76 - 100)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

A moderate level of racism could be useful, a bit like stereotypes are at times.

Oh really now ....define moderate racism?..How is any racism useful? ..who is it useful to?
Just so you know stereotypes and racism are two different things.

@jamrock876, no they're not different things. Racism is a form of stereotype based on the features of the average individual in any taken race.
Racism is useful to racists but only if they're willing to make exceptions. They have to be careful and always remember that every individual can differ from the average of the race they belong to.

@Algernon seriously? Man, I hope you give this a little more thought. racism is just hate. webster dic def: prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior

@crazycurlz. I've been giving this some 30 years of thinking and arrived at this conclusion. Some races are superior to others based on the average individual and on the best individuals it can generate. Some races are superior to others in some traits and inferior to others for some other traits. I invite you instead to have a little more thought instead of dismissing racism as just hate, prejudice and so on.

@Algernon I see what you think you're saying.

@crazycurlz Yeah, he's saying he can't be bothered to look beyond media stereotypes and the limited number of minorities he can be bothered to interact with. He's had 30 years to build up, shore up, and justify his "useful" racism and we're never going to get him to think about the ethical aspects of that decision. So let's move along to look for someone whose head isn't mired in 1968.

@citronella sadly, you got that right, girlfriend.

@citronella no, I can't check all the refugees and the economic migrants that are coming to the West so I have to think in stereotypes based on the average individual. Stereotypes are rooted in reality though. All you need to know is what civilisation the other races have been able to produce. Also average IQs and GI (general intelligence). Also physical traits. Also inclination to commit crimes. Also way of thinking, namely the ability to look forward into the future and to be creative. And the list could go on and on.

@citronella Moreover I have had many experiences with minorities and actually if I had to base my judgement on those individuals I met my racism wouldn't be as moderate as it is now.

@Algernon I believe the evolutionary process made people adapt to the lands they lived in. Shorter people are from countries that had less nutricious food. People from other countries had to run fast from some very dangerous animals. This is just adaption

I'm with you on this one, it's never acceptable to be racist against anyone else, even caucasians.

On an individual interaction I agree with you. On public policies hence with individuals you don't personally know I disagree with you.

@Algernon Well that's nice and all, but I wasn't referring to public policies/politics, and in a case like that it wouldn't be prejudice just simply disagreeing with someone else.

@Algernon you can't be American, right? Please tell me you aren't American? There's nothing in our Constitution, the LAW OF THE LAND, that allows for racism. Racism is introduced through interpretation, through skewed thinking like, well, yours...

@SpikeTalon ok then, maybe we're saying the same things.

@SpikeTalon, @crazycurlz no, I'm not American as most of Americans nowadays are not Americans but rather Mexicans or from whatever else they came from.
We have two very opposite points of view about race but I'm not insulting you while you're saying that my thinking is skewed while dismissing wholesale my reasoning. Well, you may know that more and more true Americans, those who have made allegiance to the country they live in, are coming to think the way I think. But you're not interested in debating my point but only in calling names. I'm surprised that you haven't called me Fascist or a member of the KKK yet.

@crazycurlz following your reasoning then the first Immigration Act, the one which clearly mentioned that the US was welcoming only white immigrants of good character, was against the Constitution.

@Algernon I'm walking away. I've lost interest in this. Have a good rest of your weekend.

@Algernon I don't recall calling anyone on this post names, not sure why you tagged me in that comment? I'm not interested in calling anyone names on here or arguing, I wish I had the spare time to debate, but life has a way of keeping me busy. I do see the point you are trying to make though, and I think the keywords you are looking for would be natural selection. Either way, for the most part I'm done with this post, I need to focus more attention on the groups I'm in as opposed to public threads, take care all.

It certainly seems that you have a very clear idea about what people should think. I wonder how you can know what constitutes someone else's 'honest' answer. Is this an honest question, or an attempted 'gottcha'?

If y'all don't shut up I'm gonna go outta my mind.

IMO there's only one race - 'the human race'. Class was invented by man; just like GOD.

you constantly hear about racism but the class system is far more prevalent and widespread as is sexism

Races are not an opinion, they are scientific facts.

@Algernon lmao, scientific fact is there is only one race. Are you actively trying to be this dumb, or is it due to bad genetics?

The answer is no, but that is not why you asked. It is more of an indictment against minorities for ever feeling this way due to years of pro-white racism by law and practice. Racism is wrong, period, whether by an initial party or as a backlash.

Loved that! Thanks for posting!

Yessss this..ALL OF THIS!!!

this comment is for no one in particular: black and brown people have also invaded, persecuted, raped and pillaged and enslaved others not to mention their own people. It's in the DNA of the Human Species.

@crazycurlz true, just no particular group was so successful at enacting it en masse that we still live in systems largely built by their practice of oppression quite like England France Spain Portugal n Italy.

@Wurlitzer I don't know how this is measured. many tribal groups (arab, african, native american) and I think if you look back in history...the Spartans, Islamic tribes, the hittites, whoever they were, ghanges khan. I just think it's dangerous to attribute negative 'war-like' qualities to the recent predominant white, N European culture when in truth all human species have been and are capable of demonic behavior. I also think the level of white hate is congruous to their relative wealth and power. It's all speculative but my belief is that the species AS A WHOLE needs some heavy self-reflection.

@crazycurlz it’s measured by the fact that the US is still running shit all over the World and a great deal of the earth was colonized by us or the euro powers that created us. The other groups you point to did their damage largely amongst themselves and their immediate neighbors, not all over the world and continuing to this day. Genghis khan is the only one who had a reach even close. White people arent inherently more evil than anyone else, we just spread our evil out the most broadly and recently over space n time. As a result, that’s what we are left to deal with predominately. The other most oppressive cultures left in the world currently like Islamic states and North Korea were largely radicalized by us. So... there’s also that.

@Wurlitzer I don't disagree that's where we're currently. BUT totally disagree that the Islamic states and N Korea were largely radicalized by us. I think that's naive. The Islamic state can claim adherents numbers grow when we go in but we aren't the root cause and I think that's dangerous thinking.

The best statement about race I ever read was in a comic novel by Max Schulman called "Anyone Got A Match", where one of the characters said, "The world won't ever be completely at peace until we discover there is only one race, the human race."

It's a great premise to go on. But I think one race will only end racism. It won't end hate for so many other reasons. One race doesn't equate to Peace.

"Is it OK to purposely tell your kids to not trust an entire race?"

There is an old story about a Asian student who's father sat his down before he went off to college to explain the facts of life about the bigotry and racism he would experience in college. It is also known that many black parents also have similar conversation with their children.
Eric Holder told the NAACP
“[m]y father [sat] down with me to have a conversation — which is no doubt familiar to many of you — about how as a young black man I should interact with the police.” He continued that Trayvon Martin’s death “caused me to sit down to have a conversation with my own 15 year old son, like my dad did with me.”
[thinkprogress.org]

So, yea damn straight,

cava Level 7 May 1, 2018

There is a recurrent theme in this conversation and I am grateful to MamaMOB for raising the question.
IF white folks are agreeing that they have done nothing to warrant dislike, disdain or are not to be held accountable, PLEASE explain what millions of BLACK AND INDIGENOUS PEOPLE that lived and are now living in North America did to WARRANT their treatment.....

Nothing. But your question holds a logical fallacy. I just can’t remember what it’s called. But saying, well you did it first is nothing t really a reason to hate people you don’t know.

@JAEMPRESS Nope not me. Don’t disagree with any of that. Just pointing out that the particular argument here did not follow logic. Your facts are undeniable.

@NotConvinced if you are not responsible and no other person is responsible who will fix this?? Is it the burden of the great , great , great grandchildren of slaves to fix this dumpster fire that threatens to consume their very souls?

@NotConvinced, @Jenmcjen what should the logic be...break it down and clarify.. please

@JAEMPRESS Okay I looked it up. It’s the “tu quoque” fallacy, or the “you too” fallacy. I don’t know how to put a link here from my phone but if you google it you’ll see what I mean. Also my intention may have been lost by sounding critical because tone cannot be read. Because my point was only this: the history of racism and the way POC have to live today is deplorable, and when people explain that I would rather they do so in an unassailable way. Therefore if your logic is fallacious, I would like to point that out so your truth can be presented in—fuck I sound like a total ass. All I mean is, make the right argument so nobody can argue with you.

@JAEMPRESS No one living is responsible, that is simply fact. But it's everyones job, mine, your, his, hers, to make it better. However no one ever takes abuse and continues to help, and alienating the majority will never serve your interests. I apologize if this seems dismissive, I don't mean it that way, im just pragmatic. All turning the racism around does is begin a exponentially increasing backlash reverberation.

@MagRat All 'white privilege' is is majority privilege. The majority always have a easier existence then the minority., it's that way in every group, from the highschool clique to a nation.

@MagRat I don't have the time, nor the inclination to watch some rando podcast because you demand it. Thats now how this works. You have already discredited yourself as anyone with anything of value to add to this conversation. Tagging me multiple times in a sad attempt at attention and recognition is frankly, annoying.

@Jenmcjen that is not my job! It is very clear to me. White people study for years and are lettered in all manner of fucking subjects. They can figure this out!!!!

No. First of all, there is no such thing as race. Read Guns, Germs and Steel and The Third Chimpanzee by Jared Diamond. Secondly, why would you want to discriminate against any one ethnic group? Reversing racism won’t right the wrongs that have been perpetrated in its name. This masochistic liberal nonsense of feeling guilty about having European roots is going to get us in trouble. The West brought us the very Enlightenment values which can be used in the fight against ignorance, racism and bigotry and the religions that perpetuate them.

There is no scientific basis of race. But there most definitely, as a human construct, is such a thing as race.

Have read Guns, Germs and Steel and at the time was totally impressed with Diamond. I'll have to pick it up again.

It may not be racist, but I can understand why a black American would not trust white people. I have no idea what being black in America would be like. I am so awash in white privilege I can't even detect it.

Yeah. I was reading this interview of a hospice doctor, and she mentioned that African Americans are much less open to discussing hospice care with her, and she couldn’t understand why. I was like, really? You can’t think of any historical reason why black folks might be mistrustful of white folks suggestin unknown medical ideas? Cough cough. Tuskegee. To name one of many.

@Jenmcjen black children in the ER are less likely to be given medication for pain because our children are thought to have a higher threshold for pain. Physicians don't believe black women having c sections !

@JAEMPRESS O. M. G. That’s fucked up.

hmmm... your statement is a total generalization. There's plenty of really wonderful white people and I see no reason why black people can't learn to trust white people. I see friendship and trust all the time across race, religion non believing and color lines. My son is considered white although I'm not N European stock. Standing up for him at his wedding will be three young men all nonbelievers, one white, one Chilean, one African American and my son's Jewish uncle. The African American man's family simply adore my son. There's plenty of room for growth and change on both all sides.

@JAEMPRESS no question bias plays in decisions made in all arenas: medically, legally, in education, politics, you name it. Pain medication is in flux lately though anyway, for everyone, because of the the narcotics epidemic. Have you run into this particular situation: untreated pain at ER for your children? I ask out of concern as a nurse.

@MagRat don't need one more article, wanted a response from Jaempress. Thanks, though

@MagRat Not disputing the content of your article. Like I said, I wanted to engage with our fellow member.

I’m unsire as to what degree I should carpet bomb this post with the comment maelstrom happening in my head so I should just bow out and reverse out of here.

Hmmm... NO!
First of all many Whites are pro-actively trying to repair the damage done by our ancestors.
Secondly how much "White" DNA would make us responsible for the sins of our forefathers? Many Whites are mixed races and have family members from all over the map so where do you draw the line?
Many "Whites" were beaten, raped and tortured by those same men. Those guilty of bringing European rule were MEN and the women and children were subject to the same abuse as other races. Should they be held accountable because their forefathers were evil and they were suppressed too?
What about the Indigenous people that sold their own people out? Should their ancestors be held to the same punishment then?
There are far too many stories about generational feuds. All around the world people are killing each other over things that happened centuries ago.
Humans need to stop thinking they have a right to be violent towards others unless we are in immediate danger. We need to put our energy towards overthrowing the elite and recognizing we are ALL slaves to the European rule of law and unless we STOP blaming entire races we will never even see the real enemy. UGGGG! RANT OVER!

Personally questions like this and “why can’t there be a whitepplmeet.com?” And “why can’t I say ’nigga’?” Are why I hate white people. ?

I've been called Gweilo many times when I worked with a group out of Hong Kong, basically White Devil but it depends upon how you say it - much in the way that Black can mean a person with dark skin pigment or nigger, tone is everything.
Cracker is one I used to get when I lived in the Caribbean, same deal as Gweilo, depends on how it is said but usually it's a bad one.
Gringo was so common when I lived in South America that I barely noticed it after a while, technically any European foreigner but only targeted at the White variety.
Caucasian people are at the top of the food chain globally and have been for the past few centuries but this too shall pass. Expect more of this as Asian power increases and Western power decreases, it doesn't make racism right but it does make clear that Whites don't hold a monopoly on this form of ignorance.

This is the second time I have had to write this response.

It is DISINGENUOUS at best to use your hand picked definition of RACISM and follow up with this question.
BLACK people may be prejudiced or discriminatory but NEVER RACIST!
RACE and RACISM are social constructs ROOTED in SUPREMACY and BOLSTERED by RULES and LAWS made specifically to EMPOWER WHITE PEOPLE.
Before any of us can have an educated discussion we should read the extensive body of work on what exactly is RACISM, the history of SLAVERY and the VESTIGES of slavery. More important for discussion is an UNDERSTANDING of JIM CROW and reading Michelle ALEXANDER'S book THE NEW JIM CROW...then and only then is this discussion worthy or valuable.

Unfortunately due to misuses of the term, the definition doe now include the option for looking down on Whites based on race. Historically speaking you are absolutely correct. Racism is the use of power against another race due to prejudice and since minorities do not have the power to prevent Whites from holding jobs or arrest them for being White than racism does not exist. Racism is not meant to be about hating a race but about suppressing a race and without that power it is prejudice not racist. In my opinion it really sucks that the dictionaries adjust to use instead of making people use the term properly. Words do change meaning though and racism has had it's meaning altered, therefor making racism towards Whites ONE of the possible definitions. #1 (any race can believe theirs is superior to another)

Definition of racism
1 : a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race
2 a : a doctrine or political program based on the assumption of racism and designed to execute its principles
b : a political or social system founded on racism
3 : racial prejudice or discrimination

Please consider making a post about this subject and Michelle Alexander’s position.

So I think what you call racism is what I would call institutional opression motivated by racist beliefs. I can understand why someone would just call that racist because well it’s much shorter. It also offers me some insight to why some people make the claim “white people are all racist” and why some define racism as “power + prejudice”. Thank you for your post.

@ArturoS I shall

@antitheism and i would suggest to you again that in the absence of power to institute regulations and laws to bolster supremacy racism cannot exist. Black people are powerless to institute laws, to redline districts, to sllow extra judicial killings, to rig elections, to underfund schools, to overfund prisions

doesnt matter how many times you say it, you are wrong, you don't get to cherry pick definitions to make you feel/look better. Learn the difference between systemic racism, and good old fashioned racism. Until you do so, you just seem ignorant.

Weirdly I don't really care as long as i have my own house in order and am not hating on any group at all and nobody is trying to get me to love anyone else I'm cool - the only person I am responsible for is me and I am ok with all colours even skybluepink.

This question sucks...

Yeah it's gross.

I'm sick and tired of hearing about privilege. I don't have privilege. I have worked for everything I have while helping others along the way. I'm also sick and tired of others expecting me to apologize for being white , which I refuse to do and because I refuse to do it I've been verbally attacked and called racist.

You want to talk racism? Let's talk about Affirmative Action. Let's talk about white women being skipped over for a job, even though they are more qualified, because they are white . How about when white children are suspended for using a racial slur, which in no way shape or form do I agree with, but the black child can call a white child wonder bread, afflack and white rat and no one bats an eye?....it's accepted.

I look at people as people. Now when you want to act a certain way then I will judge the shit out of you. If you don't want to be treated in a negative manner, no matter what color your skin is? Be respectful, kind and considerate and by all means do not disrespect law enforcement. Comply.

It's easy to be sick and tired. Ask people of color who have been anti oppression activists since the Abolition.. imagine how tired we are

@JAEMPRESS speak.

@NotConvinced RACISM is not a problem. It is a scourge on humanity!

Affirmative action is not giving jobs to unqualified minorities, it's OPENING THE POOL OF CANDIDATES TO INCLUDE QUALIFIED PEOPLE OF COLOR AND WOMEN. I am told by companies in various industries in Boston that they are unable to find qualified candidatesof color for highly skilled positions. I can refer a dozen Astro physicists and twenty cardio thoracic surgeon in a week.How committed are you to inclusion, who are your networks and where are you sourcing?

Everyone at some point has been, will be, or is oppressed. No one is exempt from racism or prejudice. Stop acting like you're special because you're not. Lose the victim mentality, stop pointing fingers at everyone and pull yourself out of the hole you put yourself into.

@JAEMPRESS excellent video by Candice Owns

@ArtemisDivine
I was about to watch the video you posted but I realize it was from Alex Jones channel. I stopped it immediately. Don't have time for garbage.

@MagRat I'm a female not a male and how the hell do you figure? Blacks and other ities get picked for opportunities before a white male. They are really the ones who are oppressed these days.

@MagRat well, thats the dumbest shit Ill read all week. I thought you were simply a misinformed good intentioned person, now I see you are just a ignorant sexist moron.

I would say yes but with context. It’s a grey area I guess. I know how it sounds I know, but I can’t articulate my argument, but i’m not a “ racist”

Tribalism is so ingrained in our primal instincts that it takes active awareness to recognize and reject it. Racism isn’t okay, but I undeterstand why it’s easier to just group “others” rather than see beyond flesh.

Marz Level 7 May 1, 2018

I feel like our biology hasn’t caught up with our social awareness and morality.

Yes, suspicion/mistrust/hatred of the "other" was hard-wired into the "rat brain" (actually way back before rats) in evolution. For millions of years, our survival depended on it. And for a few hundred years, humans have tried to deal with it via philosophy, religion, and science. Our future survival as a species depends on our ability to recognize this and overcome it.

I'd like to point out that in the poll only 4 people said yes and 35 people said no and yet most of the comments here are saying yes. What didn't you want to vote? Didn't want to put down that yes tick to make it look like it's okay to be racist against white people when you then turn around and say it's okay to be racist against white people? Not at all surprised.

Racism is a learned behaviour and no matter what color its just not ok. Peace ?

@Kaitaki It is more an evolutionary behaviour that kept us alive for millions of years. We had to make snap judgements whether someone was of our clan. Did they look like us or were they a threat. Today we no er have to make those snap judgments so if a racist thought or fear pops in our mind, we can reject it because it is no er relevant today

@Kaitaki and OPPRESSION is institutionalized. As a black woman your hating me would not be of any import. What concerns me are denial of equal opportunity, substandard schools, racial profiling , the unjustified killing of blacks, as well as bias in application of laws on the books!

@MsDemeanour false equivalency

@JAEMPRESS the fact is the most woke white person in the world will never truly comprehend the frustration of being black in the US.

@JAEMPRESS My scientific explanation for how racism (or wariness of difference) came about IS totally inadequate for today's prejudice, you're right. As a woman having experienced sexism, I can only glimpse what black people go through on a daily basis. Our Australian Aboriginals have the same deal where they are over represented in jails, lack education, increased health issues and have a life expectancy ten yrs less than white people. It's an appalling situation. I believe racism is a choice today, regardless of how you were brought up, people, all people should make a stand for injustice and it starts with every individual. People need to question their values.

You're making a sweeping generalization. There's no way that ALL minorities are racist against all whites. There's no way that ALL whites are, or are not, racist tward all minorities. What is the evidence that you have to support your contention? You start with an extreme view and then seem to think people are lying when they say they don't agree with it. I hope you are not persuading your child that this level of prejudice is acceptable. Even if you don't want to, he will have to succeed in a diverse world, and having an "all minorities are racists" world view is not going to help in that.

what responses were YOU looking at? everyone said it's NOT okay to be racist, usually altogether, whether against white people, black people or green people. as for voting, i won't vote because i find your question racist. i can't speak for everyone else who didn't vote.

g

It's something I call 'minority privilege.' You see it in the LGBT community a lot. The trouble generally being that these people become accustomed to being able to get off scott free with attacking the oppressive majority, but they become equally nasty about other minorities. So a gay man might (justifiably, in some people's eyes) attack straight people. But he gets used to that privilege and attacks anyone lesbian or transgender, too. A cis hetero white male is used to not being able to attack anyone without being called a bigot. Someone with minority privilege is shocked to find themselves on the wrong side of the argument when they attack and even more oppressed minority than themselves.

I'm a great believer in equality all round. I don't let the colour of someone's skin affect the way I treat them. What I'm sick of is white people self-flagellating over the way our race historically treated theirs, and in some areas (where white folks tend to marry their sisters and daughters) still do.

The trans movement went through a phase a while back where it wasn't sufficient to be trans. If you were white and trans, you didn't matter. I actually watched white trans women apologise for assuming that they did. Only 'trans women of color' were of any interest. The disparity no more evident in the different way that the community treats Caitlyn Jenner and Laverne Cox. Cait can do no right (okay, she's a Trump supporter - feel free to hold that against her.) Laverne can do no wrong (even appearing in Rocky Horror, a play that's done more to harm public perceptions of trans women than anything else in history.) Thankfully, we seem to have come out the other side. Everyone loves Sophie Labelle. She's white, and yet her trans story seems to matter.

What we need is actual equality. We need being black to stop being a social disadvantage. We need it to stop being something police officers can use as an excuse to shoot first and ask questions later. But let's be honest, we also need to address the prevalent gangster adulation in black culture that's leading to people assuming that a black person is going to be armed and dangerous. Equality isn't achieved by allowing people to fight fire with fire. Argue all you like whether racism can be directed by a disadvantaged minority at a privileged majority, judging someone on (and hating them for) the colour of their skin is prejudice (literally pre-judice.)

I dated a Hindu once. Her mistrust and loathing of Muslims was legendary. Comparable with the hostility between Catholics and Protestants in Northern and Southern Ireland at the height of the troubles. Proper 'cross the street to avoid them' kind of prejudice. Minority races (and faiths) can certainly be prejudiced towards each other. Saying they can't be prejudiced against white folks is just more of that good old white self-flagellation. We can't complain because we deserve this? Well I personally haven't done anything to warrant any skin colour prejudice towards me.

And what have BLACK AND BROWN PEOPLE DONE TO WARRANT their treatment. If you are inclined to answer, please begin with treatment of Native Americans

The moment I saw " these people" it invalidated any reasonable position you might have taken.

Where were you when white America was enamored with gangs of KKK burning, shooting, looting and cutting black babies from the bellies of their mommies. Or is it that violence and the adulation of violence simply a " black" thing.

Being against a particular religion is not racist.

@SallyMc Billionaires are a minority 🙂

@CrassBrauer it's isn't homophobia, either. It's still prejudice, typically leading to animosity and discrimination.

@JAEMPRESS I'm not going to take personal responsibility for what someone did several generations ago on a different continent. If I'm going to beat myself up over history, I'll do it over the way the English treated the Irish during the potato famine or my country's involvement in the slave trade.

The "these people" I was referring to were LGBT people. I happen to be one of them. I am being critical of people like me, there.

@NicoleCadmium and you're not taking responsibility for how you perpetuate either. Neither stance is a winner

@JAEMPRESS What exactly am I (personally) perpetuating, and how do you expect me to take responsibility?

Yes.
But that yea is conditional. Are we in the United States? Also, are perpetuaters of this "racism" in a disadvantaged demographic?

I don't think white people as a whole can be oppressed to the severity of other races in America. I'm a redheaded female in the south. Pale, dead, sick, souless ginger, ect. was the terms used to bully me in public school by a larger portion of african american students. Their attacks against the color of my skin wasn't racism. I had no disadvantages to the quality of my education, dealing with the law, or job prospects. That's the bottom line.

If I was the bully, attacking a quiet black girl walking to class, calling her a racial slur, that would be racist of me. Because that girl has already been targeted, demoralized, and made to feel inferior by white adults all throughout her life. And I'd be their white POS kid that couldn't relate to an ounce of her life. Counselors not pushing secondary education or they're more worried about teen pregnancy. Parents who didn't have a college education or income to even give their kids hope. She's going to be stereotyped by authority figures and be in danger by not being submissive and polite. White faces in tv, magazines, movies, books, music, getting all the highest ratings and views.

Racism against whites is a conditioned response to how people of color get treated by whites in this country. So yeah, if someone says they hate white people, and truly mean it, that's ok. They're still going to be bad people for judging someone for their skin color. Some truely traumatic shit probably went down by the hands of white people in this persons life. Or they're mentally ill. All in all, that's an individual who isn't getting any platform to stand on, and has no power to significantly effect the racial bias of this country. They're not racists.

Racist white privileged fuckers are literally making laws, getting voted in government positions, getting promoted at work, are in charge of law enforcement, and have literally hundreds of supporters at all times to defend their racism. In my book, anyone of color has a "fuck white people" coupon to use liberally should they feel compelled to say it.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:70457
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.