Agnostic.com

126 10

Is it OK to be racist against white people?

Using the Merriam-Webster definition of racism,

racism
1 : a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race

You CAN be racist against white people but is it OK?
Is it OK to tell an entire race they need to atone for the actions of their ancestors?
Is it OK to tell an entire race they are racist simply because of their race?
Is it OK to blame an entire race on the actions of 2 people?
Is it OK to purposely tell your kids to not trust an entire race?

Sadly I doubt I'll get many honest answers because it's not PC to you think racism is OK as long as those your racist against are white. But hope springs eternal.

• 13 votes
  • 186 votes
MamaMOB 5 Apr 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

126 comments (76 - 100)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

"Is it OK to purposely tell your kids to not trust an entire race?"

There is an old story about a Asian student who's father sat his down before he went off to college to explain the facts of life about the bigotry and racism he would experience in college. It is also known that many black parents also have similar conversation with their children.
Eric Holder told the NAACP
“[m]y father [sat] down with me to have a conversation — which is no doubt familiar to many of you — about how as a young black man I should interact with the police.” He continued that Trayvon Martin’s death “caused me to sit down to have a conversation with my own 15 year old son, like my dad did with me.”
[thinkprogress.org]

So, yea damn straight,

cava Level 7 May 1, 2018

The answer is no, but that is not why you asked. It is more of an indictment against minorities for ever feeling this way due to years of pro-white racism by law and practice. Racism is wrong, period, whether by an initial party or as a backlash.

If y'all don't shut up I'm gonna go outta my mind.

It certainly seems that you have a very clear idea about what people should think. I wonder how you can know what constitutes someone else's 'honest' answer. Is this an honest question, or an attempted 'gottcha'?

Racism is due to lack of education. And is used by the media/politicians to invoke hatred for their own profitable ends.here endeth the lecture

Hell No!!!

but sadly, I am. (ouchies for honesty) For the last few years they have treated VERY poorly.

I don’t know how to be racist toward only a portion of a race

And so sadly...I am. I'm half white too, which makes me a race traitor in many ways. I have yet to 'grow out' of this. More therapy maybe?

No one is born a racist, it is learned behavior. If you accept teachings without question, then you are a fool.

Why is it your job to say anything to a whole race? All you or any of us can do is improve ourselves and hopefully be a positive influence on a few people in our lives.

Racism should be discouraged towards all directions.

I am a Red Man and racism is pure evil. ...just like sexism both practice rape of land and bodies. ...Israelis are racist misogynists Andrew Jackson must be removed from 20 dollar bills PUT HARRIET TUBMAN there defeating racist plantation owners by the dozens

No.
No.
No.
No.
No.

Racism is intolerable no matter who is the victim.

That shouldn't even be a question. Racism is racism no matter against which race, social group it is directed. Of course there's a trend of pushing for the so called "white guilt" nowadays and those that go against that concept or "reverse racisms" are automatically branded racists, Nazis, KKKs, you name it. I won't go into detail now, but if there's anything obvious is that people never learn from the past and keep repeating the mistakes. If anyone is wondering I'm comfortable with and proud of who I am, I respect people no matter the skin color and treat them according to their worth as individuals.

GBV Level 2 Aug 27, 2018

NO, it's not ok. Not all white people are the same. Some of us are enlightened people, that see past race, sexual preference,etc. and don't have religion clouding perception of the world.

I have always looked at the unique individual without concidering their genetics. We are taught from a age that there are all of the other animals and then there is the human race. Later we are taught to separate our fellow humans into various genetic categories which often are referred to as "race". This is contradictory and confusing. Whenever possible on different documents, census, drivers licence, job applications and such, I usually write human in the "other" space.

Racism is wrong in any respect. Arguments for it make no sense at all. As a white man I know a lot of racists and "racist unaware" types. I hang out with none of them and was last married for 12 years to a black woman. My 2 daughters however have a white mother.

Any form of racism is abhorrent.

That's a bit ridiculous. It doesn't matter if a people of a different heritage or skin tone unleashes a million years of oppression on another; it doesn't justify future generations being terrible in "return". The cycle ends as soon as race is measured as deeply as "human". Varying melatonin content doesn't create a higher value in a person.

If you're judging someone by anything other than the essence of what they present to, and share with you, you are doing it wrong.

Goodness, like beauty, doesn't come in colors, sizes, weights, ages, races or any other factor that doesn't represent the spirit and soul of a being.

Furthermore, we are who we are. Not who our ancestors were. Not who our family is. History does not define us. Even our own personal histories are only markers and flags because we are all capable of real and meaningful change and who we were is often just as much a reflection of where we were and what we were dealing with at the time, as it is of our true nature.
I prefer to take people exactly as they are, in whatever place they are at the time, and not as a representative of anything other than the self.

It's okay dislike a culture, it's okay dislike a religion, and it's okay dislike a nation, but it is not okay dislike anybody as a individual on the basis of any of those things alone.

I think this is a racist ass comment, but what do I know, I'm just an average Joe nobody.

shit. i hit yes because i read the question wrong.

Umm.... No. Shouldn't be racist or sexist ... Absurd question.

We're all prejudice in some way, we all have stereotypes and some of us even live up to said stereotypes. But it's ours, not anybody elses. So the minute someone opens their mouth and spews their opinions as fact is when they are wrong and that's not "ok". Who cares what someone thinks or feels. Just be nice to each other for fucks sake.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:70457
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.