Agnostic.com

126 10

Is it OK to be racist against white people?

Using the Merriam-Webster definition of racism,

racism
1 : a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race

You CAN be racist against white people but is it OK?
Is it OK to tell an entire race they need to atone for the actions of their ancestors?
Is it OK to tell an entire race they are racist simply because of their race?
Is it OK to blame an entire race on the actions of 2 people?
Is it OK to purposely tell your kids to not trust an entire race?

Sadly I doubt I'll get many honest answers because it's not PC to you think racism is OK as long as those your racist against are white. But hope springs eternal.

• 13 votes
  • 186 votes
MamaMOB 5 Apr 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

126 comments (51 - 75)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

That makes you a hypocrite.

Buxx Level 7 Oct 10, 2018

If you mean by that that all whiteys have to take responsibility for what other white people did in the past then that make YOU the racist. You are black, that does not make you responsible for Shake Zulu murdering thousands of his own people. The British parliament made the slave trade illegal in 1807 and banned the ownership of slave all over the empire by 1832. I applaud these decision, but even though they were made by white people I cannot take the credit for them anymore than I can take responsibility for the tragedy of slavery. And as a black person I cannot hold you responsibly for Moulay Ismail and his Barbary pirates for enslaving as many as a million white people.

We are all genetically connected..so why be racist?

YES.THIS. One race...HUMAN.

Well, if you go back in time, develop technology in other culture, then colonize europe as this culture will have the big guns. Put the beauty standard as other kind of ethnicity, develop myths and prejudices that will cause SYSTEMATIC harm to white people, invade their country, treat them as savages for centuries, keep their countries unstable and criticize when they try to flee from there (I don't see the spanish, irish, germans, italians etc treated as north africans or middle easterns are treated now when they flee their war destroyed countries), Isolate them on guetos, give less money for the schools on their area, arrest more for less harmfull crimes, create a culture when some white climb on a bus and everyone hold their purses and bags tighter.... Then we can talk about racism against white.

Of course in MICRO environments where whites are stripped out of power positions they can feel a piece of the harm that other ethnicities feel almost all the time. But in most of cases they can just walk away and it is over.

White is a colour, not a race. Hating "white" people is bigotry, not racism.

??‍♀️ I don’t even know where to begin...

Essie Level 6 Feb 17, 2019

Me either. Truly, I just can not pick a place to start.

IMHO, it's not ok to be racist against anyone. The Establishment in the US has already tried reverse racism (I just made that up, cool eh?), they called it Affirmative Action. Any time race is a factor in any situation, even with the "best of intentions" it's still racism and it's not ok. That's my more general answer to your specific questions.

Racism is a nonstarter. It is the means of last resort to justify something that is shitty in the first place.

It is not required to like anyone but everyone deserves to be treated right.

Race is a nebulous concept. Everyone should be judged the same: we should all pass the same test to learn to drive. It’s not ok to burden anyone or to benefit anyone based on their race alone, or on their appearance alone, or on their IQ alone. Some of us are better at some things than others. Finding our path is not easy in this complex society. Pitfalls abound. And success or failure isn’t entirely up to us. But we live in a country full of opportunities. We should strive to do better, and if we do, our chances are good.

He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. Nietzsche.

Is.it ok to be racist against anyone? If 5he answer is no,then that's the answer to your question..

To answer your questions

1.No..Saying newer generations must pay for the crimes of old is saying like all of humanity was born sinful because some bitch ate some fruit....Can we execute the son because the father killed some folks.

2.Thats racist.

3.Nope

1. And nope.

Surely any form of prejudice or inequality is wrong. I am regarded as white, yet I have a decent amount of Australian aboriginal ancestry. I have many cousins who are considered completely as aboriginal. So how can any of us justify any racism?

All racism is wrong. Racism against white people is merely rare.

There is an easy answer: it is NOT ok to be racist. Leave it there, and you can do no wrong.

Racism is a political construct. It has NOTHING to do with physiology, mentality, spirituality or anything other than how to make a profit by holding another group of peoples under your knee (thumb, heel, whatever). It's false and just wrong on all levels.

It isn't ok against anyone, for any reason.

I wish I was like my dog, he doesn't see color or appearance, he sees people.
Racism will probably be with us for a long, long time until we willfully extinguish it from the majority. Racism will persist though, I don't think we will be able to exterminate it completely from each and every culture. Until we can eliminate need and want there will always be those who seek someone to blame, someone to hate as the perceived source of discontent.
I hope I am proven wrong but I fear I won't be.
Now your question : You CAN be racist against white people but is it OK?
No it's not OK, I think it is more tolerated by the general population, it's still not OK to be a racist in my book.
The other questions reek of racism, they seem to be searching for something to validate the racist views held by themselves.
This is just my opinion of course, for whatever it's worth.

You CAN be racist against white people but is it OK?
Not ok.

Is it OK to tell an entire race they need to atone for the actions of their ancestors?
Yes where that "entire race" (looks like you've forgotten a few countries here) is still enjoying benefits and privileges deriving from those actions while others are still denied access to same.

Is it OK to tell an entire race they are racist simply because of their race?
No, and AFAIK this is a straw man (Cf comment re forgotten countries)

Is it OK to blame an entire race on the actions of 2 people?
Those actions can be indicative of wider problems within the society which divide along ethnic lines. This is particularly true of countries like Australia which have long histories of entrenched, legally enforced racism which was not repealed until a time within living memory. It took 400 years for the scars of the Norman invasion of England to mostly heal, and they were literally cousins. The subjugation of peoples does not heal quickly.

Is it OK to purposely tell your kids to not trust an entire race?
Probably not, but it may keep your kids alive. Is it alright to tell my daughter not to trust men? 99.9% of men will not harm her in any way, but it only takes one rapist.

The only question is "Is it OK to be racist" anything more is irrelevant.

There's only one race. The human race.

Yes.
But that yea is conditional. Are we in the United States? Also, are perpetuaters of this "racism" in a disadvantaged demographic?

I don't think white people as a whole can be oppressed to the severity of other races in America. I'm a redheaded female in the south. Pale, dead, sick, souless ginger, ect. was the terms used to bully me in public school by a larger portion of african american students. Their attacks against the color of my skin wasn't racism. I had no disadvantages to the quality of my education, dealing with the law, or job prospects. That's the bottom line.

If I was the bully, attacking a quiet black girl walking to class, calling her a racial slur, that would be racist of me. Because that girl has already been targeted, demoralized, and made to feel inferior by white adults all throughout her life. And I'd be their white POS kid that couldn't relate to an ounce of her life. Counselors not pushing secondary education or they're more worried about teen pregnancy. Parents who didn't have a college education or income to even give their kids hope. She's going to be stereotyped by authority figures and be in danger by not being submissive and polite. White faces in tv, magazines, movies, books, music, getting all the highest ratings and views.

Racism against whites is a conditioned response to how people of color get treated by whites in this country. So yeah, if someone says they hate white people, and truly mean it, that's ok. They're still going to be bad people for judging someone for their skin color. Some truely traumatic shit probably went down by the hands of white people in this persons life. Or they're mentally ill. All in all, that's an individual who isn't getting any platform to stand on, and has no power to significantly effect the racial bias of this country. They're not racists.

Racist white privileged fuckers are literally making laws, getting voted in government positions, getting promoted at work, are in charge of law enforcement, and have literally hundreds of supporters at all times to defend their racism. In my book, anyone of color has a "fuck white people" coupon to use liberally should they feel compelled to say it.

I would say yes but with context. It’s a grey area I guess. I know how it sounds I know, but I can’t articulate my argument, but i’m not a “ racist”

Weirdly I don't really care as long as i have my own house in order and am not hating on any group at all and nobody is trying to get me to love anyone else I'm cool - the only person I am responsible for is me and I am ok with all colours even skybluepink.

I've been called Gweilo many times when I worked with a group out of Hong Kong, basically White Devil but it depends upon how you say it - much in the way that Black can mean a person with dark skin pigment or nigger, tone is everything.
Cracker is one I used to get when I lived in the Caribbean, same deal as Gweilo, depends on how it is said but usually it's a bad one.
Gringo was so common when I lived in South America that I barely noticed it after a while, technically any European foreigner but only targeted at the White variety.
Caucasian people are at the top of the food chain globally and have been for the past few centuries but this too shall pass. Expect more of this as Asian power increases and Western power decreases, it doesn't make racism right but it does make clear that Whites don't hold a monopoly on this form of ignorance.

Personally questions like this and “why can’t there be a whitepplmeet.com?” And “why can’t I say ’nigga’?” Are why I hate white people. ?

Hmmm... NO!
First of all many Whites are pro-actively trying to repair the damage done by our ancestors.
Secondly how much "White" DNA would make us responsible for the sins of our forefathers? Many Whites are mixed races and have family members from all over the map so where do you draw the line?
Many "Whites" were beaten, raped and tortured by those same men. Those guilty of bringing European rule were MEN and the women and children were subject to the same abuse as other races. Should they be held accountable because their forefathers were evil and they were suppressed too?
What about the Indigenous people that sold their own people out? Should their ancestors be held to the same punishment then?
There are far too many stories about generational feuds. All around the world people are killing each other over things that happened centuries ago.
Humans need to stop thinking they have a right to be violent towards others unless we are in immediate danger. We need to put our energy towards overthrowing the elite and recognizing we are ALL slaves to the European rule of law and unless we STOP blaming entire races we will never even see the real enemy. UGGGG! RANT OVER!

I’m unsire as to what degree I should carpet bomb this post with the comment maelstrom happening in my head so I should just bow out and reverse out of here.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:70457
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.