Agnostic.com

4 2

LINK An unburdened Rep. Gaetz calls for abolishing the FBI, CDC, ATF -- NBC News

The Florida Republican celebrated end of his investigation, says agencies should close if they don't "get back on our side."

NATIONAL HARBOR, Md. — Florida Rep. Matt Gaetz sprung onto the stage at the Conservative Political Action Conference and took a victory lap after federal authorities recently informed him that he would not be charged in a sex trafficking investigation.

“If you don’t mind me saying so, I think vindication looks pretty good on me!” Gaetz said to a cheering crowd.

Minutes later, Gaetz, now serving on the select committee investigating the so-called weaponization of the federal government, suggested eliminating federal investigative agencies.

“I don’t care if it takes every second of our time and every ounce of our energy, we either get this government back on our side or we defund, get rid of, abolish the FBI CDC, ATF,” Gaetz said to applause.

Gaetz had been under investigation for underage sex trafficking allegations that looked at his role in a larger scheme that led to the sex trafficking of a 17-year-old girl.

The core of that investigation included testimony from a former Gaetz associate, Joel Greenberg. Greenberg previously pleaded guilty to six charges, including sex trafficking of a minor, identity theft, stalking, wire fraud and conspiracy to bribe a public official, and agreed to cooperate with federal investigators as part of his plea agreement.

snytiger6 9 Mar 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

That moron made some powerful enemies with that speech he made. I'm sure they will find another way put his sorry ass in prison.

Were that my daughter he wouldnt be talking shit.....

He's right for the wrong reasons.

If the FBI was weaponized, they would have made an announcement as to why they were dropping the case. It seems to me if they were really bent on attacking his sorry ass, they would have put a lot more effort into exposing his sorry ass for the slimeball he is, not drop the case.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:712624
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.