Agnostic.com

13 12

LINK What's An 'Incel'? The Online Community Behind The Toronto Van Attack : NPR

I'll never understand what it is about some males that makes them think and behave this way. It's as much a mystery to us guys as it is to you women. The difference is the potential to be a target. And they're like a goddamned D&D club that the rest of us know nothing about. I don't want to be lumped in with these guys. But, the very fact that I am male puts me there. Some of you know me personally so, you don't fear me personally.

ISIS represents an extreme terrorist group and it shouldn't make you fearful of Muslims or group them all together. But, you probably fear those you do not know.

Police brutality represents an extreme element of our civil law enforcement and it shouldn't make you fearful of all law enforcement officers or group them all together. But, you probably fear those you do not know.

White supremacists represent an extreme element of white males and it shouldn't make you fearful of all white males or group them all together. But, you probably fear those you do not know.

We, all of us, regardless of race, color, religion, sex or creed fear those we do not know. And everything we learn on a daily basis from our sources of information just reinforces that shit.

Compared to every other species on this planet, we suck. I'll never figure out how we got to the top of the food chain or how we've stayed here this long.

Duke 8 May 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

What do you have against the local DnD club?

Nothing really. I was into that when I was younger. But, that's also why I used it as an example. If you aren't into it, you know absolutely nothing about what happens there.

Testosterone can be a toxic substance!

Well, I'm confused... Just as I thought I was starting to understand the dichotomy of a "hookup" culture and a generation that, as a whole, engages in less sexual activity than any in recent memory, there comes a group that takes my facile understanding of human relationships and blows it completely out of the water.

Guys,guys look! Here's one in the wild.

@Blindbird I can't even bring myself to click "Like" on that. These people are diseased.

@ki-bee yep. We're a different, lesser species, you know.

@Blindbird
He's not just suggesting that you are a lesser species, but that violence against you is not only acceptable, but necessary. It's hard for me to retain my belief in nonviolence knowing there are men like this asshole wasting life-giving resources.

@JimG oh trust me, I'm well aware. I stumbled on their subreddit 3 years or so ago. I was completely unsuprised when elliot rodgers turned out to be one.

Incels don't see women as people.

That's cos you are all alien robot overlords !!!! My bowl of weetabix told me this morning !,!

I think most people have run across some dude who is seriously fucked up in some way, sexually twisted up and very angry about it. How do we fix this? Beats the hell out of me how to fix it but I do think that religion is not part of the solution but is in fact part of the problem with its misogynist message and sexual repressiveness doing nothing to help the problem.

the incel bunch is such a stand out bunch of guys it is hard for me to do much lumping of anyone else with them

I knew nothing about Incels until the terror attack in Toronto. I was shocked but then realized I am just as shocked with KKK and Neo Nazi's and all the hate that seems to be bubbling up in this world. As much as I enjoy social media I also understand that the dark underbelly of it is that it gives people like this a way to spew their hatred so much wider and quicker and influence others who are on the edge with their belief systems. It gives a community of like minded loonies a way to fit in

Such men are repulsive misfits whose behavior is so odd and repulsive that women find them realistically repulsive. Yet, they cannot admit who they have become and blame the women. They are damned sick.

They worship a god that rapped a 14 year old girl so he could be the father to himself ... With that kind of thinking are you surprised ?

Jim Jefferies has a really good bit about this that just came out.

In this day and age I trust no one.

I pretend to trust sometimes .. just to let off some rope.. Saves wasting time later. Invariably someone with untrue intentions will run until it jerks clean at the dead halt of that rope running out, in my experience.

Truly nuts dude. Cannot really get my head round these people.

@irascible I like to think I am not judgmental and open minded but this makes me think I am old lmao

@irascible Suppose what I don't understand is why they don't find girls who also feel outcast ? Or do they see it as their right to be allowed to be with girls they choose like it's some shopping catalogue ! ? I just can't get that bit so far? They seem to be blaming everyone else and doing nothing about it ! IF you want girl to be around you pick up a fucking guitar and play that guitar until you bleed / learn to Dj .. Write something .. Organise something positive for other people so you can meet people and occupy self - just wtf ! nuts.

@Nickbeee oh thats the really fun part. Most of them agree that a woman who isnt a virgin is a whore, also any woman not a perfect 10 and under 110 pounds is disgusting. Considering that most of them make jack black look like a jason momoa (and their horribleness as humans) you can imagine how much success they have.

Also they become enraged when anyone suggests they change in any way. Learn skills or be better human beings? Absolutely not, women HAVE to adore them just because they're males and they exist.

@Blindbird Wow that is dark. It sounds like they enable / justify each other. I think people so need to get off stereotypes - we are fucked otherwise it seems. They sound like they are emotionally disturbed and never lived. Scary little buggers.

@Nickbeee. They are scary. One or two trips there will have you terrified of men.

@Nickbeee

@Blindbird Does any one else read this as "Average Serial Killer".

Men of a certain age group who can't get laid and therefore turn to abducting women to punish them for rejection?

I hope like heck the profilers are keeping track.

@RavenCT Yesh totally in the serial killer mould! Bruised ego's 😮 Yes that is exactly what I meant about guitars .. Any musical instrument 🙂 !!

@Blindbird I am already scared lol

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:72422
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.