Agnostic.com

25 9

If you could were offered free lessons in a subject of your choice, what would you want to learn?

These lessons are to get you to the point of proficiency in any skill you want.

I'm torn between some form of martial art or playing the Chinese Diti (wooden flute).

How about you?

silvereyes 8 Dec 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

25 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Certified licensed helicopter pilot

My dad's a pilot, my sister's a flight attendant, her husband was a load master, and my mom works for the FAA. And ME... terrified of flying.

I used to be pretty good as a painter. Oils, expressionistic-type stuff. But I succumbed to years of depression, and now want to get back into it.

Piano. I'd love to be able to play the piano.

I took piano for years... loved it. But, alas, I haven't played for several years and so I've gotten a little sloppy.

The Upright bass

And Entomology

Hmm, assuming these lessons are guaranteed to advance me to proficiency… it would need to be something pragmatic, preferably something I could use to become independently wealthy which would free up time for the things that truly interest me. I'm inclined to say economics (including investing) so I could make money but have the freedom to do other things that are of greater personal value.

More Art classes for me please!!

Drawing.

My newest post has my Art pics in it.

How? Some of my posts go unseen.

I use this site through my e-mail.

[agnostic.com]

Are not the best lesson, self taught?
My imagination is having troubles guessing.

I feel like we can learn a lot on our own, but there are some things that only come through experience and practice, and those need a good teacher... someone who's been there, and knows the bumps in the road.

reading and writing classic Chinese.

So many options... Physics. Neuro biology, Music Theory, or maybe "catching men 101"!

But wouldn't a set of handcuffs do the trick? 😉

Drums!!! Or photography...

Skydiving and three lessons would about do it.

Nope, I didn't say that.

Blue water sailing. I sail my little tub on lakes and rivers, but not experienced offshore.

skado Level 9 Dec 8, 2017

Combine dance and yoga.

Yoga can be combined with anything related to body and mind.

There are a few dancers in South Asia who are combining Indian classical dance such as Kathak, with yoga.

Swing dancing?

how to assassinate a president and get away with it

yes such a shame

Dog training, have a puppy and am training her. Last dog I adopted at 6 mos old, totally different deal than a puppy!

Sometimes Denise Fenzi has class giveaways for her online courses. She is wonderful.

Either lessons to become a volunteer EMT or Fire Fighter. Seems like a great way to give back to the community, plus who doesn't want to be able to speed through a red light on your way to break in a door to a blazing inferno?

If money was taken out of the equation I would ALWAYS be studying something! Even with the little time I have I always try to learn (or as I get older re-learn) something everyday. I'm not just a life-long learner, I am a DAILY life-long learner.

Geology.

d_day Level 7 Dec 9, 2017

Definitely martial arts. Its just so damn expensive, from a good quality place.

The Ins and Outs of Using a Computer-need an update-social media

haha well it's on my profile page . I'd love to learn how to braid and sew leather, learn to tile both practical and mosaic.
I'm a former fine art/liberal art major and have let life get in the way of what used to be standard part of my life with creative pursuits. My life kind of became my palette which for too long looks like a jackson pollock, and while that's cool an all, pollock that is, would rather have graduated deep hue kind of existence. (see Rothko)

I'd get proficient at screw cutting on an engineers lathe.

Acting. That's the best I can think of at the moment.

Piano.

Treating, bending and transforming bamboo.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:7264
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.