Agnostic.com

89 16

Do u think Christianity is bad ? What's your opinion on it

Ya know I have a very hard time respected the religion . We as athiest or agnostics know it's bogus . Its a book that basically tells u what to believe is right or wrong and if u don't agree then your wrong and the co sequences are going to hell . The Bible itself is poorly written . One chapter gods this nice loveable person then the next he's growing babies and slaying baby's and cursing them ! So many people hate gays and lesbian people becus of the Bible . Whether I think it's nasty or not doesn't mean its wrong . I also hate the disrespect I get when I tel people I'm athiest. Why can't we think for ourselves ?

DavidDeLa89 6 May 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

89 comments (26 - 50)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Why single our Christianity? All religions are bad!

Because all religions do not have a "call" to save everyone on the planet. Christians believe that the only reason they are still here and not floating in heaven on golden streets is because they have been called to bring everyone on the planet to their religion or fight them to death in a future battle called Armageddon. They call this insanity " the great commission. " The whole world is tired of being burdened by a religion that makes no sense, and the majority of wars are fueled by the Roman catholic church ever since they became the powerhouse of the world. That's why Christianity is the worst religion ever!

Christainity destroys more lives than it helps. It was destroying my live, because of my sexaulity. There is nothing wrong for a man to be attract to another man. I'm glad I'm an atheist now. I don't feel ashamed of who I am now. I'm to be free of the religious bs. I wish the world would see the light like we have.

P.A.T.C.H. a group on this site if you hate Christianity!

Belief in a higher being isn’t a problem for me - all people believe in something whether it themselves or the externalizations. Organized religion is where the problem starts. You get this tribalism where a group believes they are right and everyone else is wrong and then try to force their beliefs on everyone else. The teachings of Jesus create a solid foundation on how a person can live a good life - nothing wrong with that. It’s just been perverted and manipulated to meet a particular person’s agenda.

Everyone should be free to their own beliefs as long as they are not harmful to others.

All religions are simply how civilizations, throughout history, explained how the universe works, until science and technology came into being for them.

Why can't we think for ourselves ? Because most of us are cowards who feel better outsourcing our opinions than speaking our own words based on our own reasoning.
'It's not me saying gays deserve to die. GOD COMMANDS IT. WHO ARE YOU TO QUESTION GOD?'
Or something along those brown lines of bullshit.

The most generous thing one can say about Christianity. It gives bad reasons to be good with a whole heap of baggage that ruins lives attached to it. The really pathetic part is the "good" part of the scripture is just common sense.
All Christianity can do is give you a really bad reason to be sensible. Don't murder people. Don't steal. Help the poor. etc. etc.
So banal.

That's mostly self-realized philosophy. "Do unto others"

Religions are the worst thing ever inflicted on humanity and every thing else.
They seek to subjugate and control the human will.
Fuck religions.

I think christianity is a fairy tale, and those who follow it are looney.

I lay the blame on religion for most of humanities faults and vices. I don't think that any one religion is bad per se, but the perversion and implementation of the belief system to be advantageous for some and victimize many seems to be a feature that most religions tend to have. That said, I believe in the moral guidance of religion but mainly in such that they create a social framework of acceptable and expected behaviors that we can all abide by. But in this current climate, even common courtesy has been victimized.

Christianity, like any religion, encourages belief in that which is neither evident nor rational. It discourages any attempt to seek truth that could contradict it, and has held back scientific progress. It encourages discrimination and justifies the indefensible. While some will claim that some good things may come of faith, I think that overall the negatives far outweigh any potential benefits. The world would be a better place without it.

There are approximately forty-three thousand denominations under the Christian umbrella originating from six major ecclesiastico-cultural mega-blocs: Independents, Protestants, “Marginals”, Orthodox, Roman Catholics and Anglicans.

To answer the question...Although there are good works done in the name of Christianity, they are well compensated for it through tax exemptions and receipts. More harm than good has been done, so my answer is yes, Christianity is bad.

Source: [theway21stcentury.wordpress.com]

Betty Level 8 May 4, 2018

Christianity, and all other religions, are poisonous. They are a collective mysticism that damages people's minds, especially children. It disgusts me.

This question feels wrong. Asking on an agnostic/atheist site "Do u think Christianity is bad ?"?
Maybe I'm being paranoid but this post doesn't sit well with me.
Am I being to paranoid?

It's terrible and it causes people to do terrible things.

I think if a person is truly trying to follow the tenets of the New Testament, such as the beatitudes, that person is bound to be a boon to humanity. But honestly, those people are rare. Mostly fear is what is preached and absorbed resulting in hate.

Is it a bad thing to worship a murder, command other to kill gay people?

With or without religion, good people can behave well and bad people can do evil; but for good people to do evil - that takes religion.
Steven Weinberg
Aplys to them all even the ones we are yet to make up

The best answer I can give to this question is my free book, The Dawn of Intelligence.

Like every other religious idea, it is both stupid and dogmatic!

All religion is limiting and harmful to the human species. Some Christian sects and denominations and sects are more destructive and dangerous than others -- particularly the evangelical protestant ones

The thing about Christianity as the religion is that it goes against what Emmanuel taught. Not once do we see him set foot in a church nor do we ever hear him speak of the "sins" of anyone EXCEPT the religious leaders. From what I can figure, if the Bible has truth in it then Christianity is the work of the devil because the God of the New Testament had a message of the divine within yourself, of the ability to heal. From what I understand it is the devils work to force people to do what is right or be punished so the good God sent his "son" to tell the people they have free will. All thy need, they already have. Live life and love one another was what I got from the message of the Christ but not from church leaders.
The bible itself tells people not to change a single word, not even a comma and yet it was translated by the churches into English? It says we have free will. There are only 10 commandments not 10 years of college to understand the laws. One should beware of false prophets. How many people know the history of the bible? Who wrote it? When it was written? Who decided what to leave in and what to leave out? In my opinion if a believer does not even know how the book ended up in their hands then they have not right do to profess it to be of divine nature yet many preachers do not even have a clue and cannot answer questions outside of their own training. SImple questions like why does the bible say God created "men and women, male and female he created them." before mentioning Adam and Eve?
Yes, Christianity is very bad. It teaches people they have no individual identity outside of Christ/God and almost all genocide has been committed in the name of God. If anything turns people off to the possibility of a divine and loving creator it is Christianity!

I suspect more people accept religion into their lives, so far as it impresses others, personally or business wise, but in their own minds know it's a fraud..............

All religion is bad. I have a particular dislike of Christianity because it was the brand of religion forced upon me. The main theme running through Christianity is the we are worthless, our lives have no value and our work accomplishes nothing without a 'savior'. How anyone can find the teaching of religious values as anything but pure horror, I will never understand.

I will never become a Christian because of the teaching that salvation is by faith, not actions. It seems that Christians believe that Ghandi and Einstein are in hell, while John Gotti is in heaven. Wherever the souls of Ghandhi and Einstein might be is surely good enough for me.

Yes! Christianity is very VERY bad. The Crusades, The KKK, OLSTEEN, Crefalo Dollar, Catholicism....no redeeming qualities.

All religion is bad.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:73041
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.