Agnostic.com

58 7

What's in your coffee?

I prefer strong black coffee , others love coffee creamers, sugar or orher. So how do you prefer yours?

Sheannutt 9 May 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

58 comments (26 - 50)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Ouch! Strong black coffee hurts my taste buds.

Creamer, preferably butter pecan. I tried just drinking black coffee a few years ago but only lasted 4 days.

Hot coffee: black
Iced Coffee: 3/4 espresso (for strength), blueberry juice, Caramel Macchioca cream

godef Level 7 May 21, 2018

To clarify, I use espresso grade grounds, I don't actuslly brew any espresso.

@godef I hate to break it to you, but espresso is brewed so quickly, it actually has less caffeine than coffee.

@Nottheonlyone No kidding... thanks for educating me on that. But is the flavor stronger? That's what I'm looking for, to keep up with the blueberry juice and melting ice.

@godef It's roasted to a darker grade, so I would think so, but I'm not 100% certain. I know that's how malted barley works in beer, so I'm extrapolating.

@Nottheonlyone OK, I've done a little research (https://www.consumerreports.org/coffee/is-there-more-caffeine-in-espresso-than-in-coffee/). I always figured the beans were more finely grounded and thus provided more flavor AND caffeine (I realize there's also the method of making espresso). First, I'm using espresso but in a regular drip maker. It's seems you're incorrect about the caffeine: an ounce of espresso has much more caffeine. You get more caffeine from a typical cup of coffee because it's much larger than a shot of espresso.

@godef Ah, that makes sense. Thanks for the update.

I like my coffee Irish! .... strong, black and fully adulterated!

Hell, just drink Baileys

@Sheannutt Usually Jameson's

"Night Nurse Nirvana" -- Cold, black, and bitter.

Light roasted coffee - brewed ahead - mixed about half and half with icy cold milk for a good iced coffee....

Unsweetened soya milk. And it's roasted dandelion root coffee. 😛

Yuck, never liked coffee and had some pretty bad coffee in the Army. So I prefer my coffee wherever you guys enjoy it most!

I have a lot of food sensitivity issues, so decaf with almond milk and honey.

vita Level 7 May 21, 2018

I like my coffee like I like my women: tan and sweet. NO ARTIFICIAL SWEETENERS. Preferably whole milk or half and 1/2.

Extra espresso, nothing else.

I miss coffee, but I don't miss ending up on the shitter for the rest of the day. When science figures out how to solve that problem, I'll go back to brewing it nice and strong and then adding some milk and some stevia which, last I checked, coes not alter the caffeine content at all, so I don't know why y'all are bitching about it. ?

Some sugar and Natural Bliss coffee creamer. I drink a brand of coffee called Death Wish and it’s extremely powerful coffee. I can’t drink it straight. But it gets me up and moving throughout the day.

Cream and since I buy canned coffee, I assume ground up bug parts and other bits of detritus.

What's in my coffee???.... The only thing that needs to be in.... Caffeine !!! That's the stuff that will keep me going all the way through a heart attack and hopefully I'll be gone in a jiffy

I grind my own beans, usually a dark roast arabica, and use a french press to brew. I like some nutra sweet and creamer, cuz I make it pretty strong.

4 oz French Press (made at home) with almond milk.

Same like you. Strong, black, unadulterated. =]

@Sheannutt Yep, no muddy coffee for me. No expensive coffee drinks either (ok, except with some Bailey's, LOL!).

@IAMGROOT Bailey's and cream! Skip the coffee.

A tiny bit of French Vanilla creamer. I like watching the color change as the spoon goes in, the tiny plume of creamer that pops up around it.

If no spoon is available, I go creamer then coffee.

Black unsweetened ?

Cream in your coffee?
Not lately.

Black like my heart.

@Sheannutt hahaha look at that photo. He might just be honest. 😉

@Sheannutt You're right, at least I hope so. I just like saying it.

@crazycurlz I'm very honest, thank you. Well, if you subtract my sarcasm.

I have been using that line for years!

A little milk or cream..

I like it most with tons of sweet milk (no sugar), and some cocoa powder occasionally. Cold. Quality grounded beans.

Black, but with a pinch of stevia and a few drops of almond or vanilla extract. I also "brew" my coffee at room temp overnight and drink it that way. I used to add cashew milk but that went out the window when I saw I'd be a few lbs lighter without the milk.

@Sheannutt It's just like the flavored creamers... but without the cream, sugar, other additives, or calories. I'm looking for every possible place to reduce calories and chemical additives without pain in my everyday life.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:86709
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.