Agnostic.com

30 2

What's your favorite language and or foreign culture?

• 14 votes
  • 11 votes
  • 7 votes
  • 8 votes
  • 2 votes
  • 0 votes
  • 4 votes
  • 31 votes
josh_is_exciting 7 May 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

30 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

You are all foreigners to me

My bad!

Assembler.

When I was very young I got to live in Scotland for a few years when my Dad was in the US Air Force. I loved living there, going to school, having friends, etc. I even ended up speaking with a Scots accent as I had to go to speech therapy there and ended up sounding like the therapist.

Turkey. A wonderful people and culture.

I was deployed to Incirlik for 6 months and I LOVED their food...especially the "Chicken Tava" and the "Cheese Bread." So yummy.

I was born there

But my second favourite is our native Maori language here in New Zealand. when spoken fluently it is flowery and holds the ear.

Of the places I've been I would say Singapore. Although Indian food can sure be good.

I have to say French only because in my time travel mind I want to be part of the 20's expats. Yes I know it is not the same as then but I'm a romantic at heart and their language is beautiful. Portugal is second because I loved visiting there and if I would ex-pat I'd go there because I can't afford Paris. I was born in Turkey and I would love to go back and visit.

I'd say Japanese culture and language.

Pashto, because it's my husband's native language. 😀

English, for their exploration of the world and influence its brought to it. (the sun never sets, if you include Australia and the US)

Tejas Level 8 May 22, 2018

I voted for French (language) but I also love Polish. It is very melodic.

I suck at learning languages, but everyone I've met from Brazil has been so much fun and just the best people to hang out with. So Portuguese?

Chinese or Japanese culture.

Japanese. I love a lot of stuff about their culture. The art, the music, their collectivism, their language, martial arts, etc.

They eat cheese and bread, they walk everywhere. There's a great book called "French Women Aren't Fat" which was cleverly constructed. The culture, language, music. All beautiful.

Any second language is the greatest investment. No one can take that away from you .... Well, Alzheimer is the exception to the rule

Elvish

Which ones?

@Donna_I There's more than one?

@ScubaWags there are probably as many elvish languages as there are authors who write of them. 🙂 Tolkien is probably the best structured but I don't know that for a fact.

Spanish - love the language. Love hispanic music.

Klingon

I have a couple of CDs with Klingon versions of modern songs.Check her out [klingonpopwarrior.com]

Lol

Italy. Beautiful architecture, scenery, clothes, people, language and great food.

I'd have to say Scots and Irish for culture and language 🙂

I've visited a number of countries throughout my life, but my favorite culture has to be SE Asia. Especially Thai culture. Thailand is a country where they have found a way to integrate in to the modern world without losing most of their traditional way of life.

Italian sounds beautiful spoken...

German sounds harsh...

@germangirl90439

Sorry. 😟

zat is vot i sink

Among the choices of language, Castillian correct real name for Spanish regardless what any english speaking genius may think. Missing the most beautiful language on earth... Portuguese. My take... you guys agree or not. About culture I had not have the pleasure to meet face to face all history of all cultures in this planet earth. So despite living in 5 different cultures/nations and visiting like 22 others, so many others to visit and explore before making a choice. But about women, I am very partial for the Scandinavian Women... my experience, so far. With all due respect for Puertorricans, Cubans, Spanish, Germans and Americans. I HAD BEEN BUSY OKAY?

I don't have a favourite, but Japan is definitely my daughter's favourite.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:86946
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.