Agnostic.com

21 8

The Expanse?

So far, I am enjoying the show "The Expanse". If you are watching, what do like about it??

OleBlueEyes 5 May 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

21 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I like "Hard Sci-Fi". They treat living and working in space, in a little more realistic way.

I agree, though I watched an interview with the authors and they don't consider themselves to be hard SciFi. They called themselves, "at a Wikipedia level of realism" ?

@JeffB they try a little harder than a lot of shows.

I started enjoying it as the book, but I feel it is the best SF on television I have ever seen

Amazon has now confirmed it will make multiple seasons. Jeff Bezos head of Amazon is a big fan and he announced personally at a scientific panel with the cast present he would take the show on

I Love the Expanse. It's politically Savi and complex. The writing is excellent and the acting is very good. It's great to see attention to detail with Newtons laws of motion and the effects of gravity on human beings. I read all the novels and novellas but the show isn't sticking to them fully. The latest episode Delta V has an amazing effect when the belter racer enters the mysterious ring and slows from miles a second to almost zero. ensuing splat. Amazing to see the show has been rescued by Amazon studios after cancellation.

Dude ......Spoilers !!!

Everything. Movie quality production.

I love this show, complex plots, great acting, and it doesn't assume the people watching are idiots. The only bad thing is that it got cancelled a couple of weeks ago.

The SyFy channel has dropped it, but there are talks with other outlets to keep it going. There is hope that Amazon Prime will pick it up.

Looks like Amazon may be picking it up. It'll be on Netflix for season 4.

It was pretty obvious that a show like The Expanse was not going to survive on the network that gave us Sharknado.

@webbew1 yes I agree. it was brave of syfy to take the show on but their normal output is pretty dire with the exception of the rebooted battlestar galactica. which had its faults but was very good.

I love this show best sci-fi since BSG

When I heard it was getting cancelled I posted the petition link on the site

[agnostic.com]

Now Amazon has saved the show I want to say thanks to anyone who helped from our community

If you haven't seen it you're totally missing out btw

Belters never say die !!! ??

I don't watch a lot of TV so I was really upset that my two favorite shows were cancelled: Lucifer and The Expanse. What a relief to get The Expanse back! Last week's episode was excellent. I've read all the books and really enjoy the way it's been made into a TV show. All the actors are excellent, but Shohreh Aghdashloo is perfect as Chrisjen Avasarala. Something about a grandmotherly type swearing!

Shohreh is the presence the show needs. She is a master manipulator in a complex arena full of disparate characters, deadly political machinations, and her own character flaws/foibles. She makes all the parts fit into a scheme of things that looks real, tastes real, and smell real. A disciplined actor playing a powerful woman, with ease and full believability.

What's not to like ????? Big fan of the books and the series.

Tilia Level 7 May 26, 2018

We don't even have people living in space, but I'm ready to join the OPA! I guess I'll have to settle for a shirt.

JeffB Level 6 May 26, 2018

I’ve always enjoyed science fiction novels and movies. I watch far too much Star Trek in the evenings but it annoys me in the shows and movies how the ships can turn or you can hear giant fiery explosions in outer space. I enjoyed how The Expanse deals with things like that.

Awesome show and awesome book series!

Marz Level 7 May 26, 2018

I really loved the show and wish it had continued. Imagine living on a starship and fighting to save the solar system. Sadly, the politics remained the same as now. A clusterphuck.

It's officially been picked up by Amazon. There will at least be a season four.

Is it a good show?

Try it. It is very complex, with great characters and plot lines that will have you dying to talk to someone else about it.

it's easily one of the best shows on tv. Best SF show since the rebooted battlestar galactic and Babylon 5.

@Alanb5 Cool.

Great show. Looking forward to the release of season 3 on dvd.

I checked Netflix and Hulu and it was not on either so this must be strictly on Amazon which I will not sign up for.

Never heard of it sorry

Watched the first seasons available on Amazon Prime, was great. The final season is behind a pay wall but I am patient and will wait until it hits Prime.

I don't think we will see the creators of the proto-molecule, but those others who it has acted on before us. The creators have move on or ceased to exist? No, have not read books.

[theverge.com] <- Good news.

Guys I love that so many people like the show but remember viewers outside the US are 1 season behind please be careful about spoilers ?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:90875
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.