Agnostic.com

43 16

What's a small thing someone has said to you that made you feel good?

So small things that make a girl feel so good? Today, talking with my attorney, he interrupts himself and says ~ this has nothing to do with anything but when I talked to John, (His partner I worked with last) I asked him how old he thought you were and he said 34. ~ Then went back to discussing our business. Remember when you were young enough that that would have been insulting? Yeah, me neither.

pepperjones 8 May 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

43 comments (26 - 43)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

"Please never call out again" <3

It's super because I'm only 27 but I got ID'd last week and the guy said he thought I'd me 22 maybe..

"Thank you" is another good one.

Deb57 Level 8 May 31, 2018

Yes, no, I can't either.

Someone told me,"your son is awesome." He is, you know, he has some mad mechanical skills and can renovate a home to look like something on TV.

People think I'm 35 face to face...
On line - people on line think I'm 28.

@pepperjones I agree!!! Wish I looked more my age out and about... but on-line I like thinking younger than I am. I'd hate to be locked into what other GenX's think of the world, Christ they are such a part of the problem, not standing up to boomers.

So you do know that everyone is going to check out your profile pics to try and figure out what your actual age is. It's true, you don't look your age.

@pepperjones You didn't list your age but I was guessing you were 42 to 45 and looking a lot younger. I better not apply for that Guess Your Age job at the circus, I'd be giving you money for a bad guess.

"You look your age". I'm grateful for small mercies lol

"I didn't think that was going to work". You can figure it out. 🙂

???????

@pepperjones and there it is, the small thing that someone has told me that made me feel good !!!!!!!...well, back at you faster than the speed of light !!! You are the best !!

"Well done"

"You're sexy and mysterious. Without a picture". LOL

@pepperjones I dunno...seemed pretty serious. 🙂

@pepperjones It's why there's still no pic!

@pepperjones Yah there's that too. But I'm trying to be alluring. 😉

@pepperjones Can't blame you. You're a babe. 🙂

@pepperjones Backatcha!

Actually, just recently someone said something to me on this site that made me feel pretty good about myself. I'd tell that person, but I am too self conscious to make it public and cannot send a pm. Maybe they will see this, 🙂

Other than that it was my nephew telling me that I'm the only person he can talk to.

By far the best ever was my daughter calling me at work a few months ago to tell me that I taught her to be confident and made her feel like she had value. We've had our conflicts, but that is probably the best thing anyone has ever said to me.

JimG Level 8 June 3, 2018

My partner and I don't live together though we live in the same sheltered accommodation and we share a van, meals and walks etc. and I-player time in the evening for a few hours, I do the things i am most capable of and he does the same. We have a goodnight ritual which is silly but fun and expressive and makes us laugh it get s bits added on or different expressions to go with the words and actions - Makes us laugh every night!

Have a gr8 week, and enjoy your weekend.

People are always shocked I'm 36. I'm used to it and very thankful.

That aside, the other day a man literally stopped in his tracks and complimented my eye color. He said they were so dark and piercing, and that his wife has eyes like that. Seriously made my day.

LOL I get torn on age compliments.
had the dubious honor of being "sleuthed" online and told "I couldn't believe your age"...
uh ok, thanks i think?.... hope.

Qualia Level 8 June 11, 2018

It may be a case whereby the person/partner with whom you share your thoughts does not appreciate them. One may find themselves to have lost 'faith', (forgive the punn), in the value of simplicity?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:94770
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.