Agnostic.com

22 3

Coffee Large or Small

Do you like to start the day with a great big mug of coffee or with a small cup for refilling?

• 24 votes
  • 11 votes
  • 16 votes
AmelieMatisse 8 June 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

22 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Large mugs get refilled, too!

I like my coffee like I like my wimmin, hot! So small it is. 🙂

Hmmmm a good answer! Unexpected spin on question but that is always a good thing to think outside the box. I'm also glad no one yet commented....mug? Just put it in a paper to go cup!

I’m a sipper. With a large mug, I would have to reheat it several times.

I need the large mug for refilling.

Those are indeed some really cool mugs. 🙂

Bring me the pot!

I love that photo!

Thanks I love having a sunny day at home, playing hookey from work. My friend down the street is a potter and I collect her mugs

Small. I get very ill effects from too much caffeine. I don't mind my coffee iced though.

DID you make those mugs? They are super awesome!

Zster Level 8 June 1, 2018

My friend made them. I collect her work

I used to drink 5 or 6 (medium sized) cups of coffee/day when I was working, but upon retirement, that stopped. Now, it's 2 medium/large cups in the a.m., and that's usually it. I'm no longer compelled to remain awake in the afternoons.

don't drink

...and drive.

I wouldn't use either of these mugs. I don't like them to drink from them anyway. But coffee in the morning is okay, if not I don't mind. Isn't it sad that you can't trust your body to become addicted to something as nice as coffee is with modest working on your body?

Gert Level 7 June 2, 2018

I only drink 2 cups a day but I still get a headache if I miss the morning cuppa

@AmelieMatisse 🙂 you're addicted. Clear enough!

@Gert please don't suggest rehab! I've already gone cold turkey on chocolate

@AmelieMatisse Hahaha, you might just accept it as a prescription drug you need for starting the day. 🙂 That it's a self-prescription doesn't count.

@Gert ☕ ☕ ☕

I have a strong (instant, use a tablespoon and not a teaspoon) mug 3 times a day, the last one shortly before bed (so I don't wake with a caffeine withdrawal headache).
My only addiction. ? (I quit smoking in 2006).

I'll have tea please.

I like to stay mildly caffeinated (sp?) throughout the day. I make a mug when I get into the office and drink half throughout the AM. Then, around 2 PM I add ice and a splat of chocolate and nurse a chocolate iced coffee through the afternoon. Works great for me.

Mochas are a good thing

Love those free refills.

Espresso, a quarter of the size of your smaller one, black, no sugar. Who needs all that extra water?

1-3 of these before 9:30

Your not implying only one large mug are you?

PS, love the mugs.

@RoseyRose thanks I'll let my friend know. I collect her mugs. I won't drink coffee from paper cups

No no!! There must be more!

I've tried, only once mind, to start the day without coffee. It took me to an alternate reality that I didn't like, didn't understand and couldn't process. I've never been back 🙂

ipdg77 Level 8 June 21, 2018

I get my caffeine in tea.

That is what is weird with me, I only drink caffeinated coffee and decaffeinated tea.

I drink one French press of coffee every morning. Mug size isn't super important, but my bigger mugs only need refilling once, so I generally stick with them.

I don't like drinking things that are really hot (steaming) so I usually fix a large mug of coffee and then let it cool slightly before drinking it. Even though each small cup would cool a bit faster, I think the total cooling time is less, plus this way I don't have to repeatedly wait for cooling.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:96288
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.