Agnostic.com

28 3

Would you contact a person with this bio?

Ok..my life is fab ..but would like a partner ..whose life is also great. Otherwise please don't contact me as I'm not interested in lost souls who need to be rescued ! Sounds harsh but this ain't no dress rehersal and I'm genuinely grateful for my wonderful life and don't want to let someone in who isn't already in same space.

• 11 votes
  • 43 votes
Rugglesby 8 June 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

28 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It has been my experience that most people who specifically ask for drama to not be brought are doing so because they already have a lion’s share.

Source: 6 years in Navy military housing as a military spouse.

I second that!

Good point.

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with asking for what you want. The person wants somebody that is an equal. Someone who is at the same place in their life as the poster. I can understand about not wanting to rescue anyone either. They may not of use the best wording in the world, but at least they knew what they wanted. Which is more than I can say for a lot of people.

too many negatives for such a short bio.

i might of added more for sure

@LeighShelton, oh, there is no end to possible objections in relationship matters, but if i wish to meet the one, i'd certainly present myself in a more positive way.

Sounds like an asshat from the get go..so..not a chance..

Its good honest and to the point and frankly I feel the same.

No. They are selfish, sel-centered and narcisistic.

Uh.. full of themselves

Sounds like an insufferable asshole of some sort. Projecting, at the very least.
Like scammer profiles; here’s an excerpt from one I encountered recently:
‘I like honesty, truthful, because trust is a vital phenomenon.I like people with intelligence and a good sense of humor
Dislikes: Liars, Games, I hate pretense and i feel trust should be the foundation of any good relationship.’
YEAH, RIGHT?????

@Philosopearl I hear you! And I hate the god-fearing thing; I know my profile hasn’t been read.

The one above was in a big long message I got after I said hello; it wasn’t his profile. It appeared he had hacked a real profile because just in that few paragraphs(if you can call them that), there were glaring inconsistencies. I reported that one to the site admin and he was removed.
The language is very common though. They must have an asshole playbook to copy from!

Lacks reasons for people to join your happy life, if they already have one of their own.
Perhaps it should list a few representative things you enjoy doing; interests, hobbies, etc.

It might scare away a few gold-diggers, but normally it's the man who does the pursuing, so shouldn't be an issue.

I'm at one with being a lost soul dwelling in darkness. I don't need saving

No way u are all sun shine

I understand this but not the part about life being fab. Everyone has ups and downs and life is what you make it. Even so, I do not want to rescue anyone and I also do not want rescued. I'm my own person doing my own things and it works for me even if it bores you. Live and let live I always say. It doesn't matter much as my relationship experience seems to only go about 12 years. After that we are each going in different directions. I honestly feel that too many people remain together because they are faking their togetherness needs. Two people simply do not become one, but insecurity may cause many to want to be.

Though some definitions could be 'sticking points', it would be a definite yes. When I contact though, it is usually subtle and but once. If no reciprocation occurs, it goes to 'back burner'. Never have been and never will be aggressive in things that require full, dual participation.

I happen to be Partially (and legally) blind. I have been told more than once by guys I was interested in that they didnt' want to have to "take care of me". However, I have always managed to pay my expenses and live independently despite their idea of what life withe me would be like.

So no, I would not consider teh above profile to be a good prospect. I see it as their loss, as in the relationships I have had, I ws always helpful and supportive... although they did not always appreciate my being honest with them rather than telling them what they wanted to hear.

No two things or people can occupy the same space, simple physics.

I don't poll by strangers.

Yes, just to piss them off ???

Movie stars do it all the time. Theres a millionaire date site too.

No need to I do not like them already.

Life is nothing but one big drama, don't kid yourself.

There's only one certainty in life, change. This person had better hope more compassionate sorts are around if/when the bottom falls out.

Sounds braggy, judgemental, and mean, but that might be the goal.

Zster Level 8 June 3, 2018

I like it.

Reverse psychology?

You missed the don't know option 🙂

No way! I'd stay away.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:97798
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.