Agnostic.com

40 12

To Block or Not Block

How many people have you blocked?
What is your criteria for blocking someone?

Crimson67 8 June 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

40 comments (26 - 40)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

To block or not to block, said the mason while grabbing another brick for the wall....... (You know I can't help myself most of the time... please don't block me !!!!! πŸ™‚ ). And getting back to being serious, no I have not block a single person yet. Of course there are few marginal ones that, as a minimum get really annoying when the answer is completely out of context. Or repetitive comments back to the same stuff like it is trapped and going in circles in their head.... that's about it.

I have only blocked one person - an anti <science,vax> person that I just could not deal with. One of the reasons I left Facebook was the know nothings - and I don’t want that here.

Ohub Level 7 June 5, 2018

Two. One is a totally indifferent ego that doesn't care and is racing to reach level 10. The other is someone that kept criticize and making fun of me without any argument.
I don't mind that people don't agree, I even don't care. But I don't like to be mocked.

Gert Level 7 June 5, 2018

Like so many things it’s up to the person and the line that they won’t allow to be crossed. As for me none as of yet. My criteria for blocking is if they are being a vulgar person or if the person is being malicious or harassing.

None and I would only block someone if they were continually abusive or threatening.

None, i'm too clever for them. ? Some have blocked me though lol

none....yet. i reckon criteria is related to the moment.

I try to avoid it. If I'm feeling harassed, I definitely do, but if it's because I disagree with someone... I feel that's the whole purpose of this... to talk, agree, disagree, and expose ourselves to new ideas.

Haven't blocked anyone on this site. Only site I've blocked people is Facebook. I've probably blocked about 10 or 15 on Facebook, including a cousin & Sister in law, Lol.. OTOH, that may be commonplace for FB. πŸ™‚

Blocked because they forwarded and passed on fake news stories. When told they were fake and given a link as proof they became angry and/or some friend of theirs became angry. Who needs that shite? <blocked/unfriend>

I have been blocked . The criteria is just disagree with someone they will soon block you

Not true for some of us, Simon. That has never been a criteria for my use of the block feature.

Zero.
If you're unable to stand reading the opposing view, then are you here?

I suspect some of the ladies on here block predator folks. But being an ancient married guy, I don't have that problem.

there are reasons other than an opposing view to block someone

@btroje
Yep... I'm sure that there are.
But the question was how many had I blocked.....which I answered.

Zero blocked. It's the internet.
I think I've been blocked by at least one lady for my apparent lack of sensitivity.

No blocks

People who objectify or monetarize victims of theocratic patriarchy are instantly blocked. ...I will not debate or entertain TrumpOLINIbots or BillaryBOTS. ...we need competence in the White House so vote peace through green jobs www.jill2016.com

I might feel like blocking but I avoid it. I have blocked no one.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:97977
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.