Agnostic.com

9 4

QUESTION Catholic Bishops Urge Parents To Reject Transgender Children

One of my friends is "Intersex". You know how a guy has an XY and a firl has an XX chromosome combination, well my friend has a genetic anomaly of XXY. I wonder how that asshole bishop would classify my friend's gender?

snytiger6 9 Dec 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The Catholic Church simply hasn't worked out how to put transgender Catholics to good use yet.

Cisgender heterosexuals? They're its breeding stock. Its bread and butter. Core to its master plan to create an exponentially expanding army of Catholics by getting couples to have more than two kids (preferably lots more) and raising them with the ethic to do the same when they're old enough.

Its gays? Dress them in black, tell them the can't have sex ever, ever, EVER, and put them in charge of PR.

But transgender people, it hasn't quite got its head around finding a way for them to serve the Church, yet.

[veneremurcernui.wordpress.com] My cousin is a pedophile priest who believes in "mutual male masturbation", he wanted me to come see him for Christmas. He doesn't understand that I am not comfortable with "gay priest", go be gay, or be a priest, He wants to explain and has a justification, ick. Has the nerve to call me "unchristian"....THIS is the kind of Texan idiot mentality we have. How my family stays Catholic, or, better yet, waits lunch for my cousin to hand out the Eucharist (I hope he washed his hands). They also don't think I'm funny so.......

I happen to be gay, but NEVER had any interest in kids.

I just am a little concerned because you don't seem to distinguish between pedophiles and gay persons. They are NOT the same thing. Statistically most men (about 95%) who are interested in boys in that way, are heterosexual in their adult relationships. The problem is that children just are seldom believed when they accuse someone who is married (to someoen of the opposite sex).

As much as I might not like the church. The headline is not accurate. Nowhere in the letter did it say reject them.

These Catholic bishops are behaving just like the bishops who condoned pediophelia. They don't want to acknowledge these kids. Ignore them and they will accept their birth gender. Bullshit. They are putting these kids in danger.

How anyone can urge someone to reject their child just blows me away. My kids are my soul, my life, be they gay or straight, or other, or not. This is why I am not catholic. So much for the catholic church being "christian".

Catholic Church has never been Christian. Ask any Christian and they’ll tell you why. Many reasons, actually.

I'm not sure if their claim that they will show compassion and sensitivity to transgender people. It would be very good if they did, given the fact that transgender people are treated and regarded so badly by so many people.

Or Texas and any other state that uses chromosomes to determine gender. I have limited tolerance for catholic mucky-mucks. It sounds like your friends has Klienfelters. I’m probably spelling that wrong.

CS60 Level 7 Dec 22, 2017

JESUS HAD LONG HAIR AND WORE A DRESS. And he spent most of his time in a same-sex clique, especially with the disciple dubbed "the one he loved."
But seriously, this is just one more of many solid reasons for us to confront them at every opportunity with the fact they are hypocrites and have forfeited any shred of claim they thought they had to a moral high ground. "Loving Christians?" "Shining beacons of Christ's love?" Not hardly.

I would urge transgender children to reject Catholic bishops, for many reasons

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:9810
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.