Agnostic.com

19 3

If you could choose to design and be awake inside a lucid dream, where would you go and what would you do?

thinkwithme 7 June 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

19 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Charlize Theron and I would finally get the honeymoon we deserve 😉

Redue the 80s, all the concerts parties and good ol times.

I can do that. I fly and visit with my dead wife.

One time they gave me ketamine and that causes lucid dreams. I made a beautiful wedding to Tom Hiddleston and every so often the music for the wedding would change into some scary ominous music and I'd turn to it and say "No." And it'd go back to beautiful marriage music and it was awesome

I once had a lucid dream in my childhood. I was flying over a schoolyard.

When I woke up I felt profoundly depressed because I'd been pulled from a better world to a worse world.

So I would rather not have a lucid dream and the inevitable depressing transition back to reality.

I can see that. I also can see keeping your dreams with you in your woke state. Your imagination can enhance your reality. When you build dreams inside you, they can be a release, motivating, problemsolving, or like beautiful screensavers for your mind

I always go flying. Shortly after deciding sex is what I want I always loose control of the dream and it just becomes normal again. Still the flying is good.

My first date with my first true love beside a lake to experience the innocent us again.

I used to have a lot of lucid dreams and astral projections, but not so much anymore. But my observations on both of those are that lucidity is difficult to maintain for long enough to really fulfill a long drawn out scenario. It helps to continually remind yourself to stay lucid. In his book "Adventures Beyond the Body", William Buhlman recommends telling yourself, "Clarity now!" periodically to maintain lucidity.

Also I always found it fascinating that while lucid dreaming or astral projecting I always left my identify behind - that is, I was no longer "Rob" with a wife and kids and earthly concerns, and thus I also left behind Rob's desires I suspect. This always strikes me as fascinating because it implies, which is logical, that if there is a continuation of consciousness after death, we are not the "person" or persona that we took on while here.

And here's a couple of interesting things to try the next time you lucid dream ...

1. When you see another person, inform them that you are dreaming and they are a character in your dream, and see what their response is. You may even want to ask them what they represent or if there is anything they need to tell you.

2. Try looking up at the night sky and then willing yourself to shoot upward, and see what happens. I did this once and went through a tunnel of stars, before getting dropped into a peaceful park somewhere.

For those who haven't had lucid dreams or astral projections, there are a variety of books/web sites that will tell you how to go about it. I was very skeptical at first but figured what the heck. And sure enough, after reading a book on lucid dreams and doing the various exercises in the book I had one within a month or so. And same with astral projections.

Fins Level 4 June 4, 2018

My dreamlife is my other life, it takes me to all sorts of places. I experience several different kinds of dreams, some are as real as this waking life I experience and some are lucid and I can control those like a DVD, back up the tape if I don't like how things are going and reprogram them to suit my taste although that can be a bit tedious, others are encounters with other dreamers and those seem to occur in a totally different dream state that is more like a blending of dimensions.
So sometimes I design my dreams but the most lucid dreams of all are my regular dreams which are just an altered reality. I often use my dream time to resolve issues in this life, working through scenarios until I find a satisfactory solution, sometimes it is a practical matter like engineering problems or logistical problems on a project I am doing, such as how to place a 5 ton unit that is not accessible by heavy equipment or a structural design problem that my engineers can't sort out. Some of my dreams can be ongoing and I return to them each night and continue on where I left off when I woke up that morning, those can be tiring. I once built a domed stadium that took me several weeks of dreamtime, started at the foundation and didn't wrap it up until the tiered seating was installed and the retractable roof was working, a logistical nightmare that left me with dark circles under my eyes by the time I finished it at night while building several custom projects in my waking life. UGH! There are books that will help you with learning how to fully utilize your dream time, not the dream interpretation books that are quackery but how to dream and how to remember your dreams, how to let your subconscious mind sort out practical problems that you have a mental block against while you are awake, etc.

Since, they are only dreams, I don't know when I dream they are not completely controlled by me but much like I go through some story mode. I don't think if I even have any control, I only feel them. I believe all the people talking about wet dreams is imagination most of the times. I don't know what's the use or speciality of lucid dreaming when I could do everything in my imagination.

I would go to the beginning of time and see first hand the origins of the universe and visit great cultures on planets that are already gone on my way back.

On the very rare occasions that I do manage to lucid dream, I do all the stuff that the law won't let me do in real life.

Aaaaand that's all you're getting. ?

?

I "design" and I am "awake" on my dreams. In a good one I may even make love. Still remember as yesterday my only "wet dream". The disapointment was not the class mate I would had prefered but I took a second look at her and realized in jr high she already had all the parts developed as a grown up woman. So my subcons was more up to date than silly baseball player me. Never told her what we did under that tree. Now days I still like to be surprised by my subcons. In a good one a song title, a melody, enough of a structure or verses will be remembered to survive and develop in this side of my world.

I'm afraid my 'lucid dream' would be entirely inappropriate for discussion in this forum.

It would, however, involve Keira Knightley, Gemma Arterton, Emma Watson and Talulah Riley.

Got to appreciate your honesty!

@goldenvalleyguy Well, I wouldn't OBJECT if Katy wanted to join Keira, Gemma, Emma and Talulah.

This is not a philosophical question, but I would totally visit Agartha.

philosophy and meaning...Does your chosen dream gets at what holds meaning for you? Do you choose your dreams?

That would be X rated and I haven't even thought of it yet.

I think I would see a melody listen stream walk further two. Hold hands and sing in unison while colors begin to bloom. Wait patiently for the gentle noon, feel jazz in the summer, spring, and...

"You feel like something beautiful," the notes hum a favorite tune. As rivers traverse the mountains, and night time turns to blue. I walk alone a coastal shore, with dolphins, whales and truth. That windows see, the life to sea, a life dreaming no net to be. I believe... I believe...

Columbus picks a better place like Scotia, Paris, or Zealand Bee. A land called something beautiful, no I, know better than me.

Me walk through snowtime winter, with sun shadows on ice burgs are free. The Seals dance in ahh and splendor as the oceans conjole the seas. I winter I wonder more.

I think we feel the Earth turn, I think we feel her breathe. I think we are but sapien, not solar deity.

Etre Level 7 June 4, 2018

Melting into that pulse. See you there

I'd probably fly my way over to the Dalai Lama and talk about how to find peace.

I don't think l can talk about that here. ☺

What are you afraid of? LoL..

@AnandaKhan I think he is being polite lol

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:98648
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.