Agnostic.com

10 6

You should see all the theists posting on the Agnostics.com ad on Facebook. They seem to be attracted to atheist and science pages like moths to a flame. I make it a point to kick their asses, figuratively speaking. They always are made to look rather foolish.

TommyNIK 6 Dec 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

THAT IS JUST SOOO WRONG! It gives atheists a bad name. I am glad to see that they are following our posts, making statements and asking questions. We don't own their insults, if that is their intention. What we do own is to give them a kind, rational and caring answer, which is often posed as a question to turn them inward. It is cruel to make them look foolish and not in keeping with good character. Lead by example, not by reflecting their negativity or ignorance. Please stop. You are missing the opportunity to enlighten and heal the damage of religion, not furthering it.

You must not debate many theists. By the way, most of them commenting on the ads are nasty and filled with vitriol. I have since blocked the ad from appearing on my feed. I have better things to do.

@TommyNIK I consider myself a 'fire brand atheist' and am an activist for reason. I make it a point to engage with theists, if they allow it. I follow (troll) religious FB pages and make comment via inward turning questions - just to stir and awaken some thoughts. I do get blocked, but not often. I remain kind to keep conversations going, no matter how nasty they get - and they do get nasty - but not on my side - as long as they are interested in reading what I say. My hope is that they might have an 'aha' moment - not right then, but in the middle of the night or sometime in the future to realize the harm religion causes throughout the history of our planet. The may be baby steps, but they are steps none the less. I never discuss biblical passages because how can you argue with stone age fantasies written by flea bitten men with a modicum of literacy, hallucinating while they eat moldy bread, left over from the last supper.

I comment that this is a great community, not primarily a dating site, and that I enjoy it.

I gave up debating with with these fools, their minds are so impervious to Logic it’s pathetic

When I go on FB-which isn't too often-Isometimes see negative stuff posted from millenials and I'll post "Open your mind."

Millenialist Dispensationalist Anabaptist Evangelical Fundamentalist Protestant Christians will go anywhere or do anything to attack anything that isn't in line with the King James Version. Even if they have no idea of what four of those five adjectives are. They even eat their own: Young Earth Creationist hate Old Earth Creationists even more than they hate atheists. One guy, Otangelo Grasso, set up a honey-trap Facebook page, "Strong Atheism" which was actually a Christian apologist site.

lol, it was the number of butthurt Christians in that comment thread that made me sign up.

They think they are under attack and this is how they fight. The problem is, they are losing the mind battle. The non religious are the fastest growing segment of the population and actually outnumber many sects. The tRumpers and company are only pouring fuel on the fire and it will be the religionists that lose their freedoms. The reformation period has not ended.

Good sentiment, but don't hold your breath.

Many times these turds are sent to the page by their preachers to save the lost. Me thinks I may need to do a little hunting there.

The truth is that organized religion, as it is practiced, really has little to offer anyone who truly seeks meaningfulness. Organized religion is more of a social club than a path to enlightenment.
It goes to follow that those people interested in real answers would gravitate to those who ask real questions.

Thanks for the heads up... We've been swamped here coding...

Admin Level 8 Dec 22, 2017

Is that why I couldn't get in last night? I was wondering if some religious nut hacked the site.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:9885
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.