Agnostic.com
16 14

Lost my beautiful, sweet Severus yesterday. He had 18 good years of being worshipped as he deserved, and his body was tired - but my heart is still heavy. This was the last good picture of him, less than a week ago. He suffered little and I am grateful for that. I will miss him more than words could ever convey.

Edit : I dunno why it's sideways and my eyes are blurry so I can't fix it. He was upside down on my lap for much of his life anyway, it's alright.

synergy 6 July 24
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

16 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

A lost that can not be resolved!

I know how you feel. A couple of years ago I had to say goodbye to Sir Moochalot (a.k.a. Mooch). He was one of my three favorite cats of all times. He died at home, and I still miss him.

Spudgun Level 7 July 27, 2020

We do keep asking administration to fix the photo issue. (Rolls eyes).

It usually means you took it in landscape mode - and for some reason this app twists it when it loads it.

You can fix it by loading the photo in to a Meme generator like this one: [imgflip.com]
Then when you go to upload it here - it will read it the correct way.

RavenCT Level 9 July 26, 2020

I am so sorry for your loss.

What a fantastic name for a cat! He was handsome.

RavenCT Level 9 July 26, 2020

Losing any pet, especially after so many years, is never, never easy. So sorry to hear he's gone. But as sad as it is, I personally hope my 3, Nala, Pixie and Leo, go before me. I would worry at the end what their outcome would be - in another happy home, a shelter, or something worse. Feel glad you were able to see him off.

Ray13 Level 8 July 25, 2020

Here is some information on planning ahead:
[aspca.org]

@RavenCT : Thank you, I did not know about that org. Definitely something to look into.

Sounds like he had a great life.

Ladydiana Level 7 July 25, 2020

Sorry for your loss after so many years

Susieq Level 7 July 25, 2020

Sorry for loss.. I straightened it out for..

So sad for your loss

AnneWimsey Level 9 July 25, 2020

Hugs , Hon !

Cast1es Level 9 July 25, 2020

So sorry, good kitty

bobwjr Level 10 July 24, 2020

Very sad and sorry to hear about saying goodbye to Severus. I've been through it many times and can understand how you feel. However, eighteen years was a good long life of love, happiness and memories for both of you.

OldGoat43 Level 9 July 24, 2020

Most sorry for you loss.

When a good friend lost her cat (Shadow) she went to the local animal shelter and replaced Shadow with 4 cats.

When another friend lost his cat of 24 years, he and his wife were so hurt they vowed never to have another cat as their cat was more like their child then a pet and the loss was traumatically painful.

That's too bad that they were that hurt by their loss.

I could have gone either way after I lost my first cat. (I think I mourned harder than I ever had). But I had promised them that I would honor their memory by rescuing another cat.

It makes the grief process easier for me to keep this plan in mind.

Remember the good times, forget the worrying ones. You never forget.

FrayedBear Level 9 July 24, 2020

So sad for your loss. We had a kitty like yours and after much time he passed. Too about three weeks before Kate found a new one for us. Looks like your also. One has to have at least one back cat. We have had Cosmo for about a month and he is getting used to being here and getting along with his five brothers and sisters.

Photos! 😀

So pretty. So very sad for you.

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 35

Photos 9,039 More

Posted by RobertNappi2Wednesday morning cuteness

Posted by RobertNappi2Tuesday morning cuteness

Posted by RobertNappi2Monday morning cuteness

Posted by RobertNappi2Saturday morning cuteness

Posted by RobertNappi2Friday morning cuteness

Posted by RobertNappi2Thursday morning cuteness

Posted by Lilac-JadeCanadaFriendly question.....

Posted by RobertNappi2Tuesday morning cuteness

Posted by RobertNappi2Monday morning cuteness...

Posted by RobertNappi2Sunday morning cuteness...Mini me

Posted by KilltheskyfairyCats, my rotting support animals!

Posted by RobertNappi2Saturday morning cuteness

Posted by RobertNappi2Friday morning cuteness

Posted by RobertNappi2Wednesday morning cuteness...Team work

Posted by KilltheskyfairyPoster kitty!

Posted by RobertNappi2Tuesday cuteness

• Top tags#cats #video #god #friends #world #dogs #religion #religious #hope #Friday #animals #reason #Atheist #kids #book #money #humans #sleep #hell #church #sex #loves #relationship #mother #parents #DonaldTrump #evidence #community #atheism #children #youtube #society #Bible #memes #truth #movies #fear #belief #pets #wife #coffee #Jesus #death #laws #faith #beliefs #Song #rescue #books #earth ...

Members 1,539Top