Agnostic.com
3 11

LINK Exotic Cat Tests Positive For Cocaine | HuffPost Weird News

Animal control officials in Ohio may have sniffed out a real-life sequel to “Cocaine Bear,” this time concerning an exotic serval cat.

Hamilton County dog wardens responded to reports in January of a “leopard” spotted in a tree in Oakley. So they went to remove the animal and bring it to Cincinnati Animal Care.

Upon arrival, officials retrieved the animal from the tree and brought it to Cincinnati Animal Care (CAC), though it suffered a broken leg in the process, according to Cleveland.com.

A DNA test confirmed the cat, whose name was “Amiry,” was an exotic breed known as a serval, CAC community engagement manager Ray Anderson told Cincinnati NBC affiliate WLWT.

“Our initial thought was the cat was a hybrid F1 Savannah, which is legal to own in Ohio, but our expert was pretty certain Amiry was a serval, which is illegal to own,” Anderson said.

Serval cats are illegal to own in Ohio but not in the neighboring states of Kentucky and Indiana, according to Cincinnati CBS affiliate WKRC TV.

However, a different test determined something unusual about Amiry: The animal tested positive for cocaine, though exactly how remains a mystery.

“Now, we can’t say how the animal got the cocaine in the system,” Anderson told Cincinnati Fox affiliate WXIX TV. “I don’t know if it was environmental or experimental.”

snytiger6 9 Mar 9
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

You could say that cat knows how to party! Lol!!!

I bet no one shows up to claim him.

glennlab Level 10 Mar 9, 2023

Back in the 70's I knew some cats that were into cocaine.

I was one if those cats.

Recent Visitors 25

Photos 9,040 More

Posted by RobertNappi2Friday morning cuteness

Posted by RobertNappi2Thursday morning cuteness

Posted by RobertNappi2Wednesday morning cuteness

Posted by RobertNappi2Tuesday morning cuteness

Posted by RobertNappi2Monday morning cuteness

Posted by RobertNappi2Saturday morning cuteness

Posted by RobertNappi2Thursday morning cuteness

Posted by Lilac-JadeCanadaFriendly question.....

Posted by RobertNappi2Tuesday morning cuteness

Posted by RobertNappi2Monday morning cuteness...

Posted by RobertNappi2Sunday morning cuteness...Mini me

Posted by KilltheskyfairyCats, my rotting support animals!

Posted by RobertNappi2Saturday morning cuteness

Posted by RobertNappi2Wednesday morning cuteness...Team work

• Top tags#cats #video #god #friends #world #dogs #religion #religious #hope #Friday #animals #reason #Atheist #kids #book #money #humans #sleep #hell #church #sex #loves #relationship #mother #parents #DonaldTrump #evidence #community #youtube #atheism #children #society #Bible #memes #truth #movies #fear #belief #pets #wife #coffee #Jesus #death #laws #faith #beliefs #Song #rescue #books #earth ...

Members 1,539Top