Agnostic.com
6 8

I can't believe this silly Neomarica caerulea AKA Walking Iris is still blooming. I took some photos (first three) of it late yesterday back lit and the color sure is a lot more washed out and on the red end of violet. Of course these don't stay open all that long, usually less than a full day. So maybe the color fades over time. For contrast the next three were taken just after noon a couple days before.

When it first started blooming all three blooming stalks would bloom at exactly the same time spaced out by several days between blooms. Now there are blooms coming and blooms finishing on consecutive days. It has been blooming for going on three months now. I took this video of about a month ago. Apologies if I've already shared it here.

MarkWD 7 Aug 6
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Lovely! The color is so vibrant.
What is the little red bud dangling above it in photo 4?

Heidi68 Level 8 Aug 6, 2020

That's a small flowering Abutilon, A. megapotamicum. Grows almost like a vine, long and thin. It depends on the brugmansia's branches to get up to that height.

Great color, and intricate blossoms!

So pretty! Thanks for the video!

Incredible color!

They are beautiful and unusual. I have always enjoyed the unusual configuration of Bearded Iris. These have an added feature with the shape and colors of the petals.
Please! Continue to share.

RussRAB Level 8 Aug 6, 2020

Charming photo-study...and charming calling them "silly"....

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 29

Photos 5,325 More

Posted by JolantaUnusual fungi.

Posted by FernappleI am trying to grow some extra salad crops this year in the new greenhouse.

Posted by JolantaBugg life.

Posted by glennlab My first flowers of this spring. Lotus and blue bells

Posted by glennlab My first flowers of this spring. Lotus and blue bells

Posted by FrostyJimSeedlings ..

Posted by FernappleIts Hellebore season now.

Posted by FrostyJim...don't be silly!

Posted by KateOahuI saw some pretty flowers on a walk today. I’d never seen a white Hibiscus before. And I do not know what the pink flowers are.

Posted by KateOahuI saw some pretty flowers on a walk today. I’d never seen a white Hibiscus before. And I do not know what the pink flowers are.

Posted by FrostyJimI usually drink coffee while planting seeds?

Posted by KilltheskyfairyI love all the information on the internet that makes me a better gardener…

Posted by Jaylo64Primative hydroponic system /an old shoe rack and coffee cans ! Cans above drip into the cans below !

• Top tags#flowers #video #gardening #hope #god #religion #rain #friends #religious #world #reason #weed #weather #cats #kids #book #money #community #church #birds #dogs #Atheist #hell #mother #wife #children #death #Bible #Australia #florida #animals #Texas #Christian #hello #relationship #climate #Organic #agnostic #evidence #advice #parents #humans #coffee #species #belief #sex #atheism #truth #Jesus #apple ...

Members 1,507Top