Agnostic.com
4 11

I live in SE Virginia and still have one remaining Roma tomato plant that is growing leaves, producing blooms and has three small green tomatoes. This cannot be normal…

Hipatia 4 Dec 25
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Romas are almost weed-like. Very hardy. Very weather resistant!

[en.wikipedia.org]

Robecology Level 9 Dec 27, 2021

Wild tomatoes are perennials that sometimes fruit most when stressed, like a last gasp when dying. Cultivars exploit this trait to increase yields, yours are just going back to their roots.

Buttercup Level 8 Dec 26, 2021

once cool weather returns, tomatoes will continue to produce until a killing freeze. Mine just finally died the other night when I decided to stop covering them at night and it got down to 30. Most members of the nightshade family have similar traits. both my eggplant and tomato plants decided to have a second crop..

glennlab Level 10 Dec 25, 2021

We have warmer temperatures at the moment. I just saw a weather report signing onto my tablet. It said our high today was 83 degrees Fahrenheit. It's a new record high for Christmas day in Dallas/Ft Worth.
[wfaa.com]

@RussRAB my garlic and onions are loving it, they're getting a good start before freezemegetton if it happens again. This year I have everything where I can just bring them in for a few days if need be,

@RussRAB Had the ac on last night and tonight too.

@glennlab - I thought about turning on my ac last night, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it in December.

Global climate change is real. My tomatoes have been dead for at least 2 months, right after the first frost.

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 20

Photos 5,327 More

Posted by FrostyJimToo cold to plant outside for another month here in Wasilla Alaska.

Posted by FrostyJimToo cold to plant outside for another month here in Wasilla Alaska.

Posted by JolantaUnusual fungi.

Posted by FernappleI am trying to grow some extra salad crops this year in the new greenhouse.

Posted by JolantaBugg life.

Posted by glennlab My first flowers of this spring. Lotus and blue bells

Posted by glennlab My first flowers of this spring. Lotus and blue bells

Posted by FrostyJimSeedlings ..

Posted by FernappleIts Hellebore season now.

Posted by FrostyJim...don't be silly!

Posted by KateOahuI saw some pretty flowers on a walk today. I’d never seen a white Hibiscus before. And I do not know what the pink flowers are.

Posted by KateOahuI saw some pretty flowers on a walk today. I’d never seen a white Hibiscus before. And I do not know what the pink flowers are.

Posted by FrostyJimI usually drink coffee while planting seeds?

• Top tags#flowers #video #gardening #hope #god #religion #rain #friends #religious #world #reason #weed #weather #cats #kids #book #money #community #church #birds #dogs #Atheist #hell #mother #wife #children #death #Bible #Australia #florida #animals #Texas #Christian #hello #relationship #climate #Organic #agnostic #evidence #advice #parents #humans #coffee #species #belief #sex #atheism #truth #Jesus #apple ...

Members 1,508Top