Agnostic.com
7 12

Turns out this is a Royal Poinciana, aka Delonix Regia. Adding a close-up of the flowers. The APP is still turning photos sideways…it seems to think all images are shot in landscape mode…so, I cropped it square-ish.

KateOahu 8 May 7
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It is NATIVE so I love it tremendously!!!!

Mooolah Level 8 May 12, 2022

It is native to Madagascar. The (ugly, old, diseased) tree that used to be in this location died and this tree was chosen by the gardeners to replace it. I had no idea what it was until this past week, when I posted on my Facebook page that my “Red Flame Jacaranda” (which is what the gardeners told me it was) was questioned by a friend in New Zealand, who is a landscape designer. This forced me to research online and I found photos of the Royal Poinciana (Delonix Regia) showing the exact leaves and flowers (distinctive!) proving its real identity. There are two more on my block, but neither are blooming. I’m pretty sure that is due to lack of water. I few months back, I noticed that the leaves were sparser than normal, so I began doing supplemental watering. Apparently the other homeowners have not. The resource where I identified the tree said it is profusely planted in Australia. I have seen quite a few here in southwest Arizona. [urbantropicals.com]

Turn the camera side ways.

Mooolah Level 8 May 12, 2022

So, I should shoot photos the wrong way for my personal devices, for the defective APP? I think not.

Ooooh, so pretty!

Sorry, I wanted to see it upright. I use IRFANVIEW for photos.

OldGoat43 Level 9 May 7, 2022

Thanks. It was upright when I posted it, so the problem is with this APP.

Spetacular! Sadly they do not live around here......

It does seem to like the desert. This was a wee baby tree five years ago.

What a pretty tree! 😍

That is beautiful!

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 19

Photos 5,325 More

Posted by JolantaUnusual fungi.

Posted by FernappleI am trying to grow some extra salad crops this year in the new greenhouse.

Posted by JolantaBugg life.

Posted by glennlab My first flowers of this spring. Lotus and blue bells

Posted by glennlab My first flowers of this spring. Lotus and blue bells

Posted by FrostyJimSeedlings ..

Posted by FernappleIts Hellebore season now.

Posted by FrostyJim...don't be silly!

Posted by KateOahuI saw some pretty flowers on a walk today. I’d never seen a white Hibiscus before. And I do not know what the pink flowers are.

Posted by KateOahuI saw some pretty flowers on a walk today. I’d never seen a white Hibiscus before. And I do not know what the pink flowers are.

Posted by FrostyJimI usually drink coffee while planting seeds?

Posted by KilltheskyfairyI love all the information on the internet that makes me a better gardener…

Posted by Jaylo64Primative hydroponic system /an old shoe rack and coffee cans ! Cans above drip into the cans below !

• Top tags#flowers #video #gardening #hope #god #religion #rain #friends #religious #world #reason #weed #weather #cats #kids #book #money #community #church #birds #dogs #Atheist #hell #mother #wife #children #death #Bible #Australia #florida #animals #Texas #Christian #hello #relationship #climate #Organic #agnostic #evidence #advice #parents #humans #coffee #species #belief #sex #atheism #truth #Jesus #apple ...

Members 1,507Top