Agnostic.com
14 8

Isn't this a rather baseless, false claim? Where does the "99%" come from? How is Micheal Savage perceived in America? Is he very popular among American conservatives? I must admit that I disliked this meme instantly probably because I met a few autistic children/young adults in the past and they were not fake.

Ryo1 8 Aug 11
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

14 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I've never listened to the guy, but seeing autistic children, and having a younger brother who is autistic, I say that he's full of sh!t. It's a mental condition caused by something, and no one has figured out a cure for yet. There are various levels of autism, and some cases can be improved with the right kind of treatments, which I won't go into here, but let me say that Mr. Savage is acting like an uneducated savage here.

Logician Level 7 Aug 16, 2021

"Please excuse me while I parade my catastrophic ignorance of neuroscience."

anglophone Level 9 Aug 12, 2021

A society of no thoughtful intelligence, is instead an unforgiving hierarchy structured on blatant ignorance. or whatever.

Yeah, not at all sure who he is.

Ello Level 6 Aug 12, 2021

A big sign that M.S. doesn't "get it" is his name calling.

Telling a person to "act like a man" is on par with "get a life" and/or "use common sense"...all derogatory remarks from rude people that don't get it.

Calling him/her an "idiot" is not only low, mean, and ignorant - but we who have run debate groups know that it's a sign that the person using "name calling" not only has nothing - They're a sore loser.

And while a small minority of children do need more structured discipline...to say that "in 99% of cases they are "brats" - is another "name call" that tells us more about Mr. Savage.

They who name call know they have no data on their side/in their defense - so instead of bowing to the facts they stoop lower and "name call".

Let me attach three "Debate pyramid" images. Good guides for dealing with people like this;

And here's Mr. Savage's bio. Wow...

[en.wikipedia.org]

Robecology Level 9 Aug 11, 2021

A great response!

Another right wing asshole peddling elitist bullshit

bobwjr Level 10 Aug 11, 2021

What's really sad that there are more small minded people like that in the world. Most likely they will never open their mind to the reality of this planet.

freedom41 Level 9 Aug 11, 2021

All missing the vast amount of beauty to be found through out here.

Strange ideas come from strange minds.

OldGoat43 Level 9 Aug 11, 2021

sigh…I got no time for that.

KateOahu Level 8 Aug 11, 2021

I had not heard of him until this posting. This is what right wing radio hosts do. Trying to out shock the other hosts to get numbers up.
Look at Tucker, he has passed Hannity for crazy shit and people don't mention Hannity much lately. The wilder the bullshit, the more the stupid buy into it.

Sticks48 Level 9 Aug 11, 2021

Conservative alpha males like Michael Savage and Donald Trump are so cool about harassing people with disabilities while being a bunch of Karen's with dicks when their privilege comes into question and utter toadies when in the presence of what they consider a more manly man then themselves.
Yes it applies to Trump, what you didn't see him tuck his tail between his legs and pee himself a little when Putin was around?
Conservative anti-feminist men, which includes their women, are the weakest creatures on the planet Earth.

In 2009, Savage was placed on a list of people permanently banned from entering the United Kingdom by British Home Secretary for "seeking to provoke others to serious criminal acts and fostering hatred.So I'd say the people that have heard of him and evaluate his position, generally don't like him unless they are racist.

glennlab Level 10 Aug 11, 2021

Hi there. Thanks for that piece of information. I live in England but I wasn't aware of that! I would like to think that most people, left or right or whatever, are not impressionable and susceptible to disinformation like this meme.

Wow, I'd never heard of him. Kind of wish I still hadn't. But good for the UK. Here we call it free speech and let them do their toxic worst. How stupid are we?

@Lauren misinformed more like, otherwise it's freedom.
Not needed talks at all, yet if people act on their own merit, find the freedom to discus openly is better then having a position of power that can be altered or commanded in a way that limits what is or isn't allowed to be stated. (That would get abused.)
Out of the two options, would rather just try to ignore or combat a speaker in a far away city, then try to not be suppressed by any sort of meaningful power.

Just your basic shock jock attention whore, 15 minutes of fame was way more than he warranted.

Buttercup Level 8 Aug 11, 2021

Michael Savage is an idiot.

BD66 Level 8 Aug 11, 2021

That is a grievous insult to idiots.

I'm an American and this is the first I've heard of Michael Savage or any opinion attributed to him. If he did say this, he's an uninformed putz spreading dangerous misinformation. He reminds me of the dolts who think mental illness can be cured by spending more time outside.

Deb57 Level 8 Aug 11, 2021

Me too. Never heard of him before now. Must only circulate in severely Republican/moron circles and can't even make it to popular platforms like Fox News (that center and left sources would cover) because they even find him to be a liability.

He would have been a good fit in Adolf Hitler's eugenics program.

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 42

Photos 77,317 More

Posted by KilltheskyfairyFeminist food for thought…

Posted by YoujaesI saw this picture of the Chicken Sky Wizard and I thought it belonged here.

Posted by Ryo1"Everyone" 😆😆😆

Posted by noworry28So no free gas ever.

Posted by glennlabParenting is hard when you're honest

Posted by glennlabI proudly served, even if it was reluctantly, for 6 years.

Posted by bookofmoronscouldn't hurt I guess

Posted by KilltheskyfairyHelpful memes…

Posted by KilltheskyfairyHelpful memes…

• Top tags#god #religion #religious #world #video #memes #friends #hope #Atheist #kids #reason #church #DonaldTrump #hell #cats #money #dogs #sex #Jesus #atheism #relationship #children #Bible #book #truth #Christian #beliefs #death #movies #parents #belief #evidence #animals #community #laws #agnostic #mother #wife #fear #humans #society #earth #faith #believer #religions #guns #Song #books #Christians #humor ...

Members 2,988Top

Moderators